USD 436
Official Site
USD 430
USD 244
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 288/night.

USD 379
USD 260
USD 199
USD 132
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 164/night.

USD 164
USD 852
USD 806
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 931/night.

USD 562
Orbitz.com
All reviewsyoga retreattucked awayrice fieldscentral ubudsweeneyluxuryspapool
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The Shala Bali is a beautiful and peaceful haven in Ubud. Walking down a private pathway away from the main street, through the rice paddies is so inviting.
During my time at the Shala I ate a mostly from the Cafe. There is a huge choice of vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.

My favourite orders included - Black Rice Pudding (to be ordered the night before), Tempeh Sandwhich, Pesto Pasta and Miso soup.

The coffee is divine with fresh coconut milk and there is a fridge full of incredibly temtping and delicious desserts.

The staff were always very friendly.

My stay was incredibly relaxed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Such a wonderful place...made me want to move here...great owners..fantastic management and just a real good place to heal yourself from city life and fix as your base as you explore ubud. Great dosas at mumbai station and awesome massages. Real attention to detail and a warm welcome everytime. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Lillie L, Owner at The Shala Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you Laju ! We loved having you stay with us... and yes we think you should move here ;-)) see you again soon... best wishes and happy dosas from The Shala team.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

It is impossible to not fall in love with The Shala Bali. From the moment I walked down the gorgeous path through the tranquil gardens and rice paddies to reach my villa, I was completely lost for words and in awe of how absolutely stunning and beautiful it was. Hidden away from the busy streets, this little piece of paradise will blow you away. The villa I stayed in quite literally took my breathe away with it's stunning design and decor and it's views over looking the green rice paddies on one side and the beautiful resort pool on the other. The staff were so lovely and welcoming and made me feel right at home. Upon arriving in Bali, I was quite stressed and my mind still busy from the every day grind but within hours of being at the Shali and indulging in some incredibly relaxing (and ridiculously affordable) treatments at their own in house day spa, eating beautiful nourishing vegan foods from their in house cafe and just being there breathing in all its peace and tranquillity, I was so relaxed and well in truly in holiday mode. Ubud is such a special place and as much as I loved exploring the sites of this beautiful town, it was so nice coming home to the peace of the Shala each day. The amenities of the villa were fantastic - the bed was one of the comfiest I've slept in and showering under the stars and moon in the outdoor shower was such a treat. I just can't wait to come back and am already planning my next visit in 2018! Oh and make sure you stop in at their own little Indian Café for a Dosa or two. So so yummy! I honestly can't fault this place or recommend it highly enough! x

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Kate L
Lillie L, Owner at The Shala Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Kate, thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review of The Shala Bali! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are planing your return. We look forward to welcoming you again. Terima kasih! Bali blessings from all The Shala team

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I will be heading back to the Shala Bali as soon I can. I left feeling so centered, relaxed and rejuvinated. I recently visited with a friend and we were both instantly in awe of the beauty. Set in tranquil surrounding rice paddys, the laid back Ubud lifestyle is all consuming. You drift effortlessly into the Shala's world of wellness, love and welcoming, smiling faces. I indulged in the most beautiful facials and massage ( it puts our expensive Aussie beauty treatments to shame) and everyday enjoyed nourishing my body with sumptuous, healthy meals from the Shala's own vegan cafe. Leaving a holiday and feeling on top of the world is the ultimate trip in my books. Cant fault it, send me back any time!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Lillie L, Owner at The Shala Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear Kellie,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at The Shala Bali and returned home feeling amazing ! We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Terima Kasih Bali blessings from The Shala Bali team

Reviewed 12 November 2017

I visited The Shala for 6 days with friends on a yoga retreat. On the whole, it was an enjoyable experience but there are a few things to mention. The weather In October was very warm and humid. I say this because this hotel does not have air conditioning, so if you are a person who feels the heat and loves to go back to your ice cool room, this resort is not for you. Also, resort is a nature/eco type lodge so just beware that you may also be sharing your room with some critters. We had a couple of small, and one very large gheko (who pooped on furniture) and a chameleon resident for our entire stay. I don't mind a bit of nature so this didn't worry me too much but I can imagine that having lizards running along the ceiling whilst you are in bed keeping you awake at night might not be for everyone. We stayed in a wooden bungalow with twin beds which was very cute and the beds were comfortable. Bungalow was supposed to have a ceiling fan but obviously something had happened there and it had been removed. We did however have a standard fan but this was very noisey and made a clicking sound so was impossible to sleep with it on. Needless to say the nights were very hot for sleeping! Bungalow had an outside bathroom which was also shared on occasion with snails and slugs. So again, if you don't like creepy crawleys, this resort may not be for you. Hot water was sometimes an issue. On a few occasions we had to have cold showers as I think the gas cyclinders had run out and needed replacing. Wifi was also temperamental and sometimes only worked in cafe and not rooms. Positive things were: the staff were lovely, always smiling and the vegetarian food at cafe was extremely tasty. The pool area was inviting and the Shala where we practiced yoga was a beautiful space overlooking rice fields. Resort has a spa which we frequented often and the staff were amazing. Prices were very reasonable. So, all in all it was a positive experience however it would have been nice to have a working ceiling fan given there is no air conditioning and reliable wifi and hot water would have also helped.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Lillie L, Owner at The Shala Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. Great to hear our staff were delightful and took good care of you and that you enjoyed the cafe and environment! We are blessed to be surrounded by rice fields and typical Bali nature which means sharing our space with some of the local geckos, as all villas in Bali do ! We have different levels of accommodation, our traditional Javanese bungalows being the most basic but they will soon have the added comfort of air-conditioning. Terima Kasih from the Shala Bali team.