All reviewsdeluxe king suiterice fieldslocal phonescooter rideamazing placestandard roomclose to townplace to stayubud centrefresh juiceexcellent stayreal balivisiting ubudour honeymoonbreakfast was includedminute walkswimming pool
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the location can't be beat, the view from the large windows over the rice paddies is something I will never forget. We stayed in the standard room and was expecting more for the price paid. The shower in grubby with tiles missing and it has a glass roof witch leaked all over the bathroom floor in heavy rain. It is also noisy situated next to the kitchen. On one night we were trying to watch a DVD and kept having to turn it up over the noise. The provided Lifts by motorbike up and down to town was a lovely touch and the pool and breakfast was great.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Takemeaway01
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Words cannot even begin to entail what a wonderful and pleasant experience this is. The staff give off a “family-run small-business” vibe with all of them smiling and working together so well, but the service commands the feeling of a high end business. Solo offers a free shuttle service via scooter up and down the hill from the Starbucks corner so you don’t have to lug your luggage up, however it’s only a short 8-10 minute walk on a slight incline if you prefer the exercise. On arrival Putu (the most amazing host) bought us freshly squeezed cold juice, which was super refreshing and put the biggest smile on our faces. Upon entering our room, it felt as though we were royalty! Huge windows looking out upon rows of rice paddies, luxurious double width day lounge, full size fridge stocked with plenty of snacks and alcoholic beverages and my most favourite part, a bathroom to die for! The bath is solid granite stone and even for a bigger, fuller hip figure such as myself, there was ample too for me and husband to share. The shower is serene with a waterfall head tap, the perfect amount of pressure and skylights and plants transform the room into a semi-outdoor oasis. The bathroom also boasts a 3-4m long bench top, plenty of mirrors and all of the soft fluffy towels you desire! Now to the bed, which for any honeymooners is the most important part, right? My now husband and I always argue about beds because we like our own space but you could have fit 4-5 people in this bed! This magnificent thing was like sleeping on clouds, it’s soft but you don’t fall into it and still supportive for those with bad backs like my new husband. Onto the back of the villa is a deck with lounge chairs overlooking the paddies and forests, this was one of my favorite places, being able to just lay back with a glass of rose and look out into the occasional farmer tending to the paddies and the abundant bird life. The pool is surrounded by tall walls and foliage, giving the feel it is a private area and for the most part we felt we were the only ones in the entire retreat! The water is cool, a refreshing change if you’re not used to humidity such as I am. The staff are all too happy and accommodating, finding us AU power adapters and recommending the best local drivers and shopping spots. The villas also come with their own in room masseuse who will work wonders with any issues or knots you have after exploring all day, very reasonably priced as well for the service given!
DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT BREAKFAST! Seriously one of the biggest highlights of our trip, not only is it included but you’re given fresh, seasonal fruit, coffee, tea, freshly squeezed fruit juices, toast and bagels and then you choose a hot dish. (The omelette was a personal favorite).
The only thing I could fault about this place: is that we only stayed here for one night! Do yourself a favor and whenever in Ubud, head to solo villas and spa retreat!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jess M
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I've never felt so welcomed and accommodated! From the easy airport pickup, to the exciting scooter rides through the paddy fields and into the villas, and the consistent care & affection from the staff - I knew I was home.

Customer service is KEY, and Solo Villas has it down to a T. I arrived early morning & as soon as I reached, my breakfast order was taken, i was given a local phone so I had instant access to staff, and I received a full rundown of what I need to do during my stay. Cooper, the adorable resident dog, was even up to greet me.

The accommodations were nothing short of wonderful. Between the rain showers, flower baths and dips in the beautifully looking pool, I was beginning to think I no longer belonged on land. But that thought only lasted so long, because as soon as you look up and get a glimpse of the luscious surroundings you're ready for more. No matter were I was on the property, I always had a view!!!

The wifi is great, the breakfast options are plenty, the laundry service is quick & nice to your clothes. There isn't one thing, not even the mini bar, that I didn't enjoy during my stay.

Room Tip: Cosy beds, infinitely large bathrooms, & killer views!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We came during 4 days and found a small paradise place in the middle of the rice fields at walking distance to Ubud busy centre
The room was very clean, large and with a fantastic view on the surrounding rice fields
- the pool very refreshing and staff always helpful and kind - the owner is always checking if everything is ok
Breakfast is more than you can eat
We will sure come back !
Kind regards

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanecar
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We stayed here for three nights. This place is very nice and well located, in the middle of the rice fields, at just 10 minutes from the center of Ubud. The room and the bathroom are spacious and clean, with beautiful natural light. We loved our bed and their colorful and vintage chic furniture. The breakfast is diverse and very good, the staff is friendly and attentive and the view is breathtaking. They have an amazing blue pool where we had our breakfast. Also, they will provide you a cell phone, so if you want to be picked up from Ubud, we just have to contact them and in a few minutes they will come after you. Of course, this applies also to the drop-offs. We were looking for this kind of place and we are glad that we found it. Thank you, Solo Villas & Retreat for the amazing three days!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple