All reviews porch cafe shared bathroom complimentary breakfast like coming home lush gardens home away from home a great place to stay main street bungalow bali vegemite oasis porsche aussie supermarket
Reviewed 31 August 2012

On our second trip back to Bali, my husband and I stayed in 2 different areas -- Nusa Dua and Sanur. We chose Flashbacks due to the many great reviews we had seen and I can happily say, we were not disappointed! Positives: Location, Staff, and overall value! Negatives: Basic continental breakfast -- good, but compared to other hotels in Bali that we have visited (6 total in our 2 trips equaling about 1.5 months of hoteling), this one was probably last on the list. The room was clean, and I loved that the Porch restaurant was in the front -- nice for a quick bite as well as a relaxing place to hangout. Free wireless in the common area, and since our flight left in the evening, but we had to check out earlier, they held our bags and even had showers we could use. Cash payment only so be sure to take $$$ out before your checkout! Overall, highly recommended and we'll be staying there without a doubt on our future trips!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trisha C
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had a stopover here on the way to Nusa Lembongan the next day and it suited our needs perfectly. It's very comfortable for the price and even has a swimming pool, and it's central as well.The only gripe I might mention is that the included breakfast was a bit stingy, and any added extras were really expensive. We didn't have dinner here because of the high prices but the guesthouse is perfect for those looking for affordable comfort.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We have been travelling as a family, including 2 teenage boys, for 3 weeks and I have to say this is my favourite place we've stayed! Situated on a fairly busy road, our rooms (1 & 2) were both very comfortable, sympathetically designed and with A/C (the only gripe being the shower in room 1 being a mere trickle of water). There is a small beautiful patio area outside room 2, next to a small (plunge?) pool. It's 6.00am as I write this - only chirping birds can be heard (and my wife snoring!).
The staff have been welcoming, helpful and friendly - lunch was lovely, especially the carrot cake!
Thank you - we would return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank RK1010
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

If you're staying in Sanur and looking for a quirky experience, I would recommend Flashbaks.  Its quiet and intimate, centered around a small pool and the decor is Bohemian/rustic and I loved this aspect of it. We stayed in the suite upstairs which was a fantastic space.  My teenage children had an air conditioned bungalow room but came to our living area to 'hang out'. Good wifi and a great cafe with a lovely expat feel.

We were unlucky in that there was no water for 24 hours due to a problem with the mains pipe. The staff were helpful when asked but in general, I would have liked more interaction from the staff during our stay.

We came to Sanur after Ubud and Gili Trawangan and found that it didn't do it for us as a place - perhaps we had been spoilt.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I was here for just one night. Friendly staff, clean, quiet.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo