“Beautiful old style Bali hotel”
Review of Sari Sanur Resort

Sari Sanur Resort
Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Sanur
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stayed here briefly and liked it. It was a bit of serenity and quiet in busy Sanur. The rooms were lovely with real old style Bali charm. The staff were lovely, however the man at reception was a bit disorganised and didn't know how to use the eftpos machine and we had to walk up to the atm. We were also charged for a beer, which we didn't drink. Other than this, we liked the place and liked its location and old wold charm.

Room Tip: Choose one of the villas with the fence around. They are more private and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I first started visiting Bali in early 1980, and have seen many changes to accommodation (some good .... some not so!) I recently stayed at the Sari Sanur Resort briefly and felt as if I was back in the 80s, in a good way. Its location is steps away from the beach (there is only a restaurant between the resort and the sand), staff are very helpful and speak excellent English (and several other languages from what I overheard), it is very central to shops and activities, quiet, and the rooms are old style but very comfortable. The pool is small but all you need to cool down. It is not a 'resort' so much as individual bungalows situated around gardens and the pool area ... and they have everything you need including a torch, veranda, big shower, bar fridge, aircon and even a library shelf of books to borrow. I would certainly stay there again for the ambiance, location and value for money. Terima kasih!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2016

We booked Sari Sanur for a weeks stay with my Brother and his wife. Having stayed there for a few day about 5 years ago we knew what to expect but were a bit concerned about the others as they normally stay five star.
It worked out really well with everyone loving the place. Beds were great being a larger than normal king.
Pool was a bit warm when we arrived but we mentioned this to the staff and they ran a hose into it for a few hours after which it was ok.
The rooms have a great Balinese feel with 18 individual bungalows arranged around the pool and gardens. Breakfast is served on your veranda which is a nice touch rather than having to go to a restaurant.
This is a great place to unwind and feel the real Bali while being in the centre of Sanur.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank gregcraig47
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The worst thing about this place is that they lied, saying we got the last room, which was more expensive than what was advertised. When we arrived, the place was empty, there were only male staff, the rooms needed a good clean. It had a horrible feeling and I would never stay here again and definitely do not recommend it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank gabgourmet
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I had booked this hotel through Bali Interhash 2016 organisers who had 4000 rooms to suggest to attendees so the price was on the high side.. The initial impression was surprise that a resort should not have a dining room and only served breakfast on the verandah,( or in my case, the porch) of the detached bedroom (a bungalow). However I was pleasantly surprised that the room was spacious, the airconditioning cold, the shower water piping hot and the service excellent. There was free Wifi in the rooms. The kitchen staff daily brewed my herbal tea (it takes forty minutes), got me brown bread and even called me one morning when I overslept -so easy as the beds were most comfortable.were most helpful.
There is a Restaurant at the back of the Resort; it is called The Beach and holiday makers patronise it well. It is ,.on the sea and the paved coastal path stretches for several kilometers on each direction; it is not run by the Hotel.. I have since checked prices of a Hotel search company and note that they can be very reasonable. A taxi to the airport can easily be obtained from the one man reception desk.
The hotel is five minutes walk from the shopping street with many differents bars, shops and restaurants. My choice of Vegan resaurant was only ten minutes away.

Room Tip: My bungalow/bedroom was next to Reception and I heard that the pool and the gardens were great.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo