2,932 results
All reviews bamboo bar tirta restaurant aroma spa kids pool garden view club room swim up bar big hotel plenty of sunbeds buffet breakfast free shuttle egg station kids club relaxing holiday superior room hotel grounds large pool
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This time I stayed in a newer wing. Big bathroom, a nice, big balcony and you can even see the ocean from 3rd floor even tho it’s called garden view. I will request this wing next time, too. Lovely palm trees, bougainvilla outside balcony. Loads of bats at night, birds during the day. The staff is fantastic - always there, always smiling, always helping you.
Breakfast is very good, a wide choice. I didn’t go to any of the restaurants this time.

Just a few minor complaints - the beds are very hard, so are the pillows. And the chairs in my room were absolutely filthy: full of dirt, mud, spots under the seats, and some guest’s earplugs.

Okay pressure in the shower. And this is the first hotel I’ve ever stayed in that has a lovely soap for the shower, it smells of roses! Another star for this

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay.
Beautiful service, the breakfast was amazing. My kids loved the kids pool. We stayed in the club room and it was worth every cent. The room was beautiful.
I love this hotel and when we come back to bali, this is where we will stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Prama Hotel in Sanur is a Balinese style hotel with rooms that really need an upgrade and bathrooms that need a good clean! The breakfast has quite a bit of variety but we found the quality of food to be pretty average,

The best thing about the hotel is the beautiful shady trees right on the beach with sun lounges that make your stay so relaxing! There is only 2 hotels along the Sanur hotel beach area that have a lot of shady trees and they are the Mercure and the Prama which are next door to each other. Other hotels along that area might be nicer hotels but they don't have as many trees so harder to find a shady spot when there are a lot of guests at the beach. The adult pool area is large and good at Prama and they also have a great kids pool area as well.

Staff were friendly enough and the price we got was very good so even though it is probably only a 3 star hotel we felt we got good value for the price paid.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank twopages
Marcel_Driessen, General Manager at Prama Sanur Beach Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear twopages,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it is indeed through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain our standards. I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your holiday in particular the cleanliness and breakfast quality.
I have shared your points with the team to review our training and procedures to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valuable review and we sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Kind regards,
Marcel Driessen

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checked in taken to room and when they opened the door there is 2 single beds and not a king as per booking. Spoke to the staff in reception and they were helpful and found a king size bedroom but couldn't have it until 5:30pm the next day. The view from the room was brilliant loved waking up to that every morning. The bed was to hard for me so asked for a mattress topper to be put on which was no problem at all. The room was vey clean and well looked after but having no draws to put your clothes they lived in the suitcase for 8 days.

The beachfront pool was nice and clean. Could do with more sun lounges and shade, if you weren't there earlier enough in the morning you didn't get 1 people would put there towels on the reserve them and go out for the day. The tiles around the pool and very slippery and dangerous once wet nearly had a fall they are also very hot to walk on without shoes. Makes getting out of the pool fun This is really the only draw back.
Great having a private beach which was raked everyday.

The Bamboo Bar was a blessing for me the staff all looked after me and I ate & drunk there most nights the food was fantastic.

Breakfast was great value and having the eggs cooked how you would like brilliant and hot. The staff looked after me and even knew what sort of coffee I'd like each morning that is service.

The grounds are beautiful and well kept and beautiful to walk around.. Having the boardwalk to stroll along with a view of the beach and actives out on the water was a nice change to walk into town away from the bust street.

All staff that I had contact with were great.

I would come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on level 2 & 3 for a pool/beach view
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Leanne W
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have travelled extensively and can honestly say this hotel is perfect for the combination of lovely resort atmosphere, beachfront pool, palm trees and nice white beach right in front.
Sanur now has enough to keep you interested with new shops and cafes along the beach walk, such a welcome relief from the traffic gridlock that's now gripped Bali as tourists struggle to get to beaches that are brown sand as opposed to Sanur's white sand.
The view from your slightly elevated hotel room at the Prama, across the pool and through palm trees to the white sandy beach, is one of the best views we've ever enjoyed. So much so that we sat on our balcony mesmerised and not wanting to move as the sun went down.

This was all thanks to the Prama's brilliant customer service manager Anna who spotted us in line as we check in and made it her mission to help us with everything possible. Thanks so much Anna for being so brilliant at your job -you should be the boss!

While breakfast is a bit of a free for all, TA readers should understand the Prama is such good value when you're paying under $200 a night for such a relaxed beachfront holiday. If you want 5 star, you may pay 5 times the price.

The Prama is certainly superb value for money, particularly for English visitors with a strong pound and an appreciation of this lovely Balinese resort.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony on the second or third floor overlooking the pool and the white beach - the view is out of this world.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple