All reviews super deluxe the main road american breakfast walk in shower have stayed here many times pool area pool towels quiet location second home serviced daily a nice place to stay balinese style air conditioning great pool rooms are huge plenty of sunbeds included breakfast
Reviewed 21 August 2018

My husband and I stayed at Bumi Ayu Bungalows for three nights during our trip to Bali in late July 2018. We wound up staying in a "super deluxe" bungalow right by the pool-based on other reviews, I would recommend paying the extra $20 to reserve this level of accommodation. Even though this is the most expensive option, $60 USD per night hardly breaks the bank!

Not necessarily a bad thing, but it should be noted that the demographic that tends to stay at this hotel is mostly in the 60 and up age range. We are much younger, but it didn't really bother us.

Instead of writing out a long-winded review, here is a list of things we noted about staying at this property:

Pros:
-Our room was clean, spacious, and had a comfortable bed.
-Air conditioning worked great.
-WiFi worked well.
-Nice little porch with chairs in front of our room.
-The grounds are beautiful and well kept.
-Nice-sized very clean pool.
-Quiet property.
-Friendly and helpful staff.
-Fantastic restaurants nearby.
-There are drivers stationed on-site if you need to go anywhere.
-Free continental breakfast option. There was also a full breakfast menu with VERY reasonably priced food items on it if you decide to go a different route.

Cons:
-There are no safes in the rooms. However, you can keep valuables in a safe the hotel has up front. We found this to be inconvenient, so we wound up just taking our small valuables with us when we went out exploring.
-The beach is not super close by, but it wasn't really that bad of a walk to get there (about 20 minutes). This might be an issue for some people.
-The "regulars" tend to hog the lounge chairs by the pool. Oftentimes people seemed to claim them by putting their books or towels on them even if they didn't actually use them for several hours. I think that there should be a rule against doing this posted on a sign near the pool.
-The bathroom our room was very dim which made shaving in the shower a little tricky!

Overall, we had a great stay at Bumi Ayu. We would definitely consider staying there again in the future if we ever wind up in Sanur again!

Room tip: Pay the small amount of extra money for a "super deluxe" bungalow.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank kalarabe
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Was travelling solo and decided to return to Bumi Ayu. Again allocated super deluxe room 22 near the end of the pool.. There were plenty of other friendly Aussie ladies there who were inclusive and helpful. I like this location as for me its my comfort zone about halfway between the Sindhu beach markets and Hardys store. I book the super deluxe room to ensure a walk in shower not one over a bath.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank traveller5605
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Walked in off the street to stay one night here based on tripadvisor rating. The team was quickly able to ready the room - lucky last - and welcome me in with a drink.
Nice spacious room upstairs with a balcony and twin beds.
That evening there was an earthquake, epicenter far away but the shaking felt in Bali. The staff responded quickly to ring a gong and call everyone to an evacuation point clear of buildings,then checking each room. We waited outside a length of time to be on the safe side. Overall a good response and very supportive of people who felt scared by the quake.

Aside from this, the pool was nice, breakfast quick, and I would return here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Alicia S
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Don’t usually stay this end of Sanur but with most mid range hotels booked out I decided to give this one a shot. The pool is great albeit dated and the deck chairs could be upgraded but it’s huge and there’s enough space and chairs around so you’re not right next to each other. Super friendly and relaxed vibe. More of an older Aussie crowd here. Didn’t try the food. The rooms are huge and clean and aircon was great. The wifi didn’t work but that didn’t bother me. I would stay here again for sure. Great location, off the main road by only a 3-4 min walk away. It was nice to make use of the bath tub too. It grounds are well kept and felt safe.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank travelling_sister
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel is in a very beautiful and handy location with stunning gardens and a pool. However, our room was very dirty, with a dodgy shower and a small bathroom. Weak wifi and there were lizards that crawled on the walls at night. Eek!
The staff were very welcoming and there is also laundry service and a restaurant.

Date of stay: September 2017