“Perfect villa for families”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Frangi

Bedroom 1
Semi Outdoor Bathroom and Tub
Bedroom 2
Living Area
Another view of the living room
Kitchen
Bedrooom 3
Bedroom 4
View of the pool from Bedroom 4
Exterior of the Villa Rooms
Pagoda
View of the laneway out the front of the villa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Emmy M
Perth, Australia
“Perfect villa for families”
Reviewed 15 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Had a wonderful stay at Villa Frangipani with my one year old son and family. The villa is in a lovely quiet location, but still only a very short walk to restaurants, spas, beach and shopping. It is set up perfectly for everything you need when travelling with kids.
Putu cooked us a lovely breakfast every morning and helped arrange a driver for our day trip. Nothing was too much trouble.
The owners were also very accommodating and always quick to respond to any queries I had.
I would definitely recommend this Villa.
At no time did I or any of my family feel unsafe staying at this Villa.
Can't wait to return!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Location, friendly staff
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Zoeistrav...
San Francisco, California
“When can I go back?”
Reviewed 9 July 2015 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

I have had the pleasure of staying at Villa Frangi not only once but twice now and it's beauty and comfort continues to amaze me. The rooms are inviting, clean and feel like a luxurious home. The wonderful household staff is always helpful and kind.
The villa is a short walk from the beach, restaurants and other fun activities for everyone to enjoy. If you are looking for a place to pamper yourself and your loved ones I would highly recommend staying at this lovely villa.
I look forward to retuning one day.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Carol B
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Shame lovely villa but didn't,t feel safe”
Reviewed 7 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

I was in the party of the review Michelle Dunn wrote and felt the need to add more about the villa and area.

The villa its self is beautiful and the pool fantastic.
Villa is about five minutes away down a lane to the beach and whilst it was ok in daytime can feel unsafe at night as there is no lights you also need to look out for the dog poo on the path.

Unfortunately I did not feel safe in the villa given that three.of the safes had money stolen from them and thee was no sign of breaking which meant somebody had a set of keys.

I feel sorry for the owners as they have to rely on trust with thier staff but in saying that we are not sure who broke in/entered.
Unfortunatly the house keeper took me too the police but as there was no evidence of breaking they were not interested according to the house keeper they thought it was a scam. Which I turn made me feel even less safe when they didn't arrive to check the crime.
Would I go back to Bali probably not the beaches in the area. Of the villa were so dirty you couldn't sun bathe.
I have been travelling for thirty years never once made a claim on my insurance and never have I felt so unsafe.
The price of the villa is good if money hadn't been taken out our safes but if you love the beach it would be better to research and probably look at another area.

Liked best: Swimming pool
Liked least: Having money stolen
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Jul 2015
Thanks for your feedback. As previously explained our staff don't have a spare set of keys to the safety deposit boxes, primarily to avoid them being in a position of being accused of theft in the first place. The local police are very cynical about tourists reporting theft of money/camera/mobile phones as they are aware that many do so with insurance claims in mind. Since your stay a number of changes have occurred, with different safety box arrangements and guests having the option of our housekeeper receipting and looking after valuables. All I can say is that yours was a unique experience. We've had many families staying at the villa now (with young children) and I've never had anyone report feeling unsafe until now.
milly167
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Do not book this villa”
Reviewed 4 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

stayed here for 2 weeks in May. There are safes in each of the rooms. We experienced money missing from 3 of the safes, 1 on 3 occasions. No sign of break in, which was very worrying. The owners were contacted while we where in Bali and appeared concerned. On arriving back to the UK we found evidence that the maid had taken seductive pictures of herself in the villa while we where there. The owners appeared mortified (in emails sent on tripadvisor). They also volunteered to refund half the money which would have been about £700. They made an interim payment of around £125 and then tried to make a payment for the rest which got recalled, I was told by the owner they didn't have the funds to repay it and it would take about 4 months. When I complained to them about this, i got a series of emails (then sent to my personal email account from their villa email address which trip advisor would not be able to see) which refuted our earlier conversations, concerns and fundamentally made us out to feel like we had lied. We had nothing to gain. We have kept all emails if trip advisor would like to look into this further.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
6 Jul 2015
I think this experience from our perspective can best be summed up as a break down in communication. There are always two sides to every story. For anyone concerned please have a read of our other reviews and be assured that this guest's experience was the exception and not the rule.
Amber F
“Perfectly relaxing”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Our family of 6 stayed here for 5 nights. The staff took care of all our needs and recommended a babysitting service that we were more than happy with. We will defiantly be recommending this to all our family and friends.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing