All reviews breakfast was included minute walk from the beach hot water hotel is located superior room rooms are spacious tub
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here for two nights. I had specified in all my emails that I wanted a room with a double bed, so I don't understand how the hotel messed things up by giving us a room with twin beds. Instead of apologizing, they became defensive and were rude enough to imply that they didn't care if we just went elsewhere (given that we had just flown into town, we didn't have the energy to go late-night hotel-hunting). On the positive side, the bathroom was excellent by Indonesian standards. Also, the rooms were spacious and clean with hot water, TV, and AC.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia F
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at the hotel for almost a week in august. The only problem at the beginning was that only a week before coming the owner informed me that there is no space in the hotel but he has another one which he will give me at a discount. I wasn't happy about that as the latter had no swimming pool, but couldn't do much at that point. However, the other hotel was also nice, though a bit further from the beach. I could still use the facilities in the stana puri gopa. My advice: if it happens to you, ask for a substantial discount. Alternatively, stay a night over there without signing anything, just pay, and next day find yourself another hotel - no problems with this in august (Bali winter -30-40C :D )
Nevertheless, I was really satisfied with the quality of hostel and service. clean AC rooms, new bathrooms, really nice service (it's a family business), tasty food. definitely recommended! If you are planning to travel throughout bali (and you def should!!), its a great cheap place to leave your stuff and don't worry about it. No problems wiht asking for an additional mattress in a room. Plus, sanur is a realy nice village, much much much more beautiful, peaceful, charmin than Kuta.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank tkc108
Reviewed 17 May 2011

In the lesser known resort of Sanur, you may be inclined to stay at the large, luxurious Bali Hyatt (which does look fantastic by the way). But don't overlook this little gem - lovely pool with bungalows right on the side, nice little cafe (free Wi-Fi if you ask for code) where you take breakfast, and the best thing of all: peace and quiet. I don't know about hotels that line the beach, but I would guess they're fairly noisy, as our walk down there proved with calls of "Taxi, sir?" every 5 paces. I tried to get into the Tamukami hotel so maybe check out that one as well, but do consider this - affordable and lovely all round!

Room Tip: Rooms right by the pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icantstandbadservice
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We enjoyed the friendly service & the hospitality that we received at this intimate hotel. This budget accomodation is real value for money. They have excellent facilites, great hot water, lovely pool and the best air con. This hotel is in a great location minutes to the beach and minutes to the shops and restaurants. We will be returning to the Stana Puri Gopa and we highly recommend you give this hotel an opportunity to show you how they shine !!! Very Happy

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tania067
Reviewed 1 March 2011

We spent one week at Stana Puri Gopa Hotel and it was an excellent experience. They arranged for us to have a private driver which saved a lot of hassle. The room was clean, bathroom modern with a bathtub, clean sheets/towels everyday and they provide towels for the beach. Breakfast was included in price. The restaurant is brand new and food well presented. The hotel is authentic Balinese and close to Sanur shops. There is a wonderful 4k unistone boardwalk along the beach for walking, jogging etc. The only annoyance was the continual problem of the touts trying to get you into their shops but this is the same anywhere in Asia.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple