“We loved it”

Mezzanine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 498 Restaurants in Sanur
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Mezzanine Restaurant offers a fine dining experience with a fusion of Eastern and Western cuisine. The Mezzanine now offers a cosmopolitan menu that will please the most discerning palate. You may select from western, Thai and Japanese dishes (tepanyaki, sushi)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great Japanese food. The restaurant is right before Puri Santrian hotel and we had the best tuna cocktail and sushi there. Prices are very reasonable too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Miso soup; original taste very good
Tuna martini; fantastic
Duo tepanyaki beef n lobster: fantastic
Other family members different kinds of sushi all were very happy
Staff is kind and friendly but very slow

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We went to this restaurant expecting big things due to previous reviews only to be let down. Admittedly we did turn up without a reservation but being in March and raining it wasn’t too busy. That is, the bottom floor was only open and the mezzanine level closed.
Unfortunately we waited a while before our order was taken, to the point where the manager walked passed and started to take our order as he realised we hadn’t been attended to. We then had to wait a rather long time for our drinks to arrive whilst we watched the table in front of us complain about something or other. My husband ordered an entree of spring rolls (which were nice) and arrived whilst we heard the lady behind us complain that she had waited half an hour for a waiter to atttend to her dessert order. I then saw my husbands meal coming towards us only to be intercepted by another waiter obviously advising our entree was still at the table. As soon as our entree had finished my husbands meal landed In front of him. He advised that it was luke warm but good. I advised him to please eat so it didn’t get cooler after waiting for a short time. Whilst waiting for an embarrassingly long time for my meal (sushi/sushimi tray) to arrive we listened to a Couple next to us call the manager over to complain about something. My husband called over a waiter and asked where my meal was at as he had finished his meal long ago. My poor husband sat there twidling his thumbs after finishing his meal long ago, whilst I then proceeded to ask for chopsticks and eat my meal which was mostly very nice. We would have liked to have ordered desserts but let’s face it, it wasn’t going to happen. We had had enough by then.
Believe me, we are not complainers but the Mezzanine needs to lift it’s game. It wasn’t through lack of staff as we saw them standing around, but from what we could see poor organisation and management. The fact that all of the tables around us made a complaint is just poor . My husband complained to the waiter regarding the wait for my meal but the waiter blamed the chef explaining ‘it takes a while’. He would have said something to the Manager but he was no where to be seen.
This place is more expensive than most Sanur restaurants so you would expect more than the basic service which was not received. Obviously no tip was left. And we left very disappointed.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Nice presentation food, good sushi especially when wrapped in fresh mango. I had the sea bass and my partner had the duck. I tried the crème brûlée for dessert but it was a bit thick.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Had a very enjoyable evening here. Started of with a tasteful Beef Tataki and Japanese steak with mushroom teppanyaki as a main course. Very nice flavours and well cooked!
The chocolate vulcano dessert was delicious!
Good recommendation is you like japanese food!