“Shellac Mani & Pedi, was very optimistic, now very disappointed”

Glo Day Spa And Salon Sanur
Ranked #9 of 80 Spas & Wellness in Sanur
More attraction details
Owner description: Balis leading spa and salon provides you with a exceptional standard of service by our friendly team of professionals We have a team of stylists from australia and indonesia who will perform contemporary and wearableHair that is signature to your lifestyle and personality Glo also specialises in wedding packages, spray tanning, eyelash extensions, make up, facials, massage, And our signature manicure and pedicures using opi and shelac Visit our website or email for further details
Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

Being involved in a business that heavily relies on reviews from TripAdvisor, I am always very mindful of the 'scores' I provide to other businesses whilst writing reviews. With this in mind, I couldn't bring myself to provide any higher than an 'Average' rating for Glo in Sanur.

I didn't mention this to the individual at reception on my arrival as she seemed very busy and the information would have been lost, however Glo's location on TripAdvisor is not accurate and will take you in the opposite direction to the Spa. I'm sure this will be addressed upon management reading this review for future travellers.

Whilst appearing to be busy and somewhat stressed on my arrival, the staff acknowledged my presence in a friendly manner. I did not have an appointment booked as I was flying home that day and had other things to attend to, however they managed to provide me with an appointment after a short waiting period.

The ambience of the 'Spa' felt more like a Salon. It did not have a warm, relaxed and tranquil feel that you would expect from a Spa, nor the music you would expect; Salon definitely describes it better. The premises appeared clean on my arrival.

The first detail that I was perturbed by, was a client before me was having a mani & pedi, after she left, I was moved to her recliner without change of any of the towels or cleaning/wiping down of any of the tools. Usually I would highly object to such discrepancy however, on this occasion I just didn't have the energy, I just wanted my nails done and to get going.

I have visited many Day Spas during my visits to Bali; from very basic, to high end. After one incident during a mani and pedi with shellac where they filed my nail bed to paper, I vowed never to have shellac applied again in Bali. On this occasion one of my nails had chipped and I couldn't wait until I arrived home to redo them. I read many reviews, and Glo seemed to be the best equipped Spa to have shellac applied. They also have a wide variety of colours to choose from.

The nail technicians didn't introduce themselves initially whilst prepping me for my mani & pedi, it was just silence as if I was another job on their conveyer belt. From other reviews I have read, this may have been a one off as staff are said to be very friendly.

With regards to the application of shellac, initially the technicians appeared to be well trained and skilled, except for using a buffer/shining file in the process before applying the shellac, no wonder my mani and pedi didn't last the week. This was the main reason for the 'bad' review. When I'm paying the Australian equivalent for a mani & pedi with shellac, and for it to not even last a week, I was annoyed to say the least. In addition to this, they did a terrible job on the mani & pedi, the skin around my nail bed was worse than before! For this reason, I'm sorry to say I do not recommend Glo in Sanur for a mani or pedi, especially using shellac.

sutherlandg, Owner at Glo Day Spa And Salon Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Hi Raelene Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am surprised by your review as our guests love our services and our amazingly talented team. Our salon is downstairs and the whisper spa zone is upstairs which has a different atmosphere and music. Downstairs is the salon with more upbeat lifestyle music.

Thank you for the information about google maps - i have been writing to ask them to correct the location for some time now. I will contact them again.

If you are ever in Bali, do come and see us again as I will ensure that you leave feeling wonderful and have a shellac service on us.

Warm regards

in 7 reviews
"skin"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Went here today for a trim, Ryan did a great job. I like the fact that he speaks his mind and gives you an honest opinion on styling not just telling you what he thinks you want to hear! Thanks for the great haircut

Reviewed 23 April 2016

We arrived in Bali in the very early hours this morning and I was please that we had pre-booked (via email) our Signature massages for our first day. It's a great way to get all of the kinks out of the body after a long flight.

The rooms were clean and well presented and both of our massages - in open, adjoining rooms, were fantastic.

Very satified and we will be heading back there again before we leave Sanur. Credit cards are accepted which is a bonus.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

After careful consideration of several salons in Bali, I decided to go with Glo Day Spa and Salon at Sanur for my bridal hair and make-up. I cannot speak highly enough of the fabulous work done by the girls at Glo! Sarah is absolutely amazing and did my bridal hair and make-up. She came to the hotel and did a trial run a few days before the wedding, which I loved because it gives you a chance to make any changes before the actual day- although I don't believe I even had to make any changes because she nailed it the first time! On the day of, a team arrived at 9:00 am sharp and beautified all of my bridesmaids, mothers of the bride and even made time to braid my cousin's hair.

Let me just say, everyone looked so stunning! My bridal make-up and hair was exactly what I wanted and even with the EXTREMELY hot and humid weather, my hair and make-up stayed looking flawless all night-- I honestly have no idea how but it was amazing!

I guarantee you will not be disappointed going with Glo :)

sutherlandg, Owner at Glo Day Spa And Salon Sanur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and so glad you loved your bridal experience with our amazing team. We love Sarah too! With Glo-ing regards Georgia and the team xx And a big congratulations to you both