“Second visit just as good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sanur Beach Villas

and 1 more site!
Sanur Beach Villas
Ranked #33 of 137 Speciality Lodging in Sanur
Newcastle, Australia
“Second visit just as good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is my second review of Ron's Villas, my first has not yet been published! We returned this year for two weeks and enjoyed the same warm hospitality and pleasant surroundings we remembered from last year. Ron has an eclectic mix of friends and the social life at Sanur Beach Villas is always interesting. You do feel welcome, there are no holiday hassels to worry about and help is always at hand through Ron or Irma or Rosie. Breakfast is a set menu and is both fresh and generous. The Villas are not crowded like many of the beach hotels and the guests are mainly Aussies which can sometimes account for an increased activity level.I do recommend this venue you will always have a smile on your face! There are many styles of cafes within walking distance.The pool is a delight both day and night!

1 Thank Gunner do

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is a late review. I stayed at the villas for 3 weeks in December 2011. I travel to Bali every 6-8 weeks or so and have usually stayed at more expensive hotels/villas throughout Bali or at my own house in Petanu.

Friends from my workplace in Western Australia recommended 'Bloody Rons' to me and I booked my stay via direct email with Ron. Although I made a couple of changes following my initial booking none of this upset Ron at all....he was very helpful and humourous. I was the 'blonde one'!

Ron had organised a Bali airport pick up for me at my request which was punctual, had a friendly driver and was cheap enough. (I don't like to use the Bali Airport Taxi service).

The Sanur Beach Villa reception I received was typically and genuinely very friendly. The garden/pool/social areas layout was absolutely stunning! My single bedroom villa had everything I required in it including beaut airconditioning and a fan, the latter which I prefer and used nightly.
The private, outdoor bathroom/garden ensuite is not unique in Bali and nor was it to me. It was large, clean and had a very natural feel to it.....I loved it! I agree wholeheartedly with 'kseatonsmith's' comments and review.... entirely!!! There are signs posted throughout the complex and indeed in each room refering to the menus and other services available to guests. A packet of Mozzie coils cost a dollar. I asked to have the fridge restocked on a couple of occassions, it was, and I probably paid 5 dollars (over the 3 weeks) more for this compared to shopping at Hardys for the goods and walking them back to the Villas. Remember too that the beer in the red esky is always available, always icy cold and always cheap and runs on an honesty system. What more does one need whilst on holiday in Bali?
The location, security, breakfasts, room service and pleasant manner of all employees were each a joy for me to experience. So too were the various 'guided tours' I attended with Ron (and others).
Ron was a refeshingly honest, witty and intelligent man who is perhaps an enigma but was certainly not rude. I spent a lot of time laughing in the company of he and his group of friends. His wife Irma and assistant Rosie were also always so friendly and happy.
Take a punt on this place if you havent already done so people and if you do, just sit back and enjoy the experience; it will grow on you!
Thank you to everyone at Sanur Beach Villas. I'll see you all again 2012.

Room Tip: Rooms an be noisy at times due to roof space etc but I used ear plugs when sleeping. No problems the...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Steve T
Tea Gardens, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week in February 2012. Ron and his friendly staff made us very welcome. Obviously it's not 5 star but overall Sanur Beach Villas are excellent value for money at around $AU40 per night (which includes breakfast). Sheets and towels are a bit dodgy and no English speaking channels on the tele was a bit of a nuisance, but hey...for 40 bucks!

1 Thank delltone
Darwin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our family spent 4 nights at SBV in Feb. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa, and for 700k rp per night, you could not find better value for money. While not luxurious, it is clean and comfy, with a plasma tv, dvd player, large loungeroom, outdoor bathroom and 2 spacious bedrooms with air con. I must say the kitchen is a bit scary, but hey, who cooks in Bali, not us, thats for sure!
We really enjoyed our time there, especially due to the friendly social vibe the place has. We met all of the other guests staying at the time, something I have not really experienced before and Ron, Irma, Rosie and the team were very welcoming.
Breakfast is included in the rate and you can chose from eggs, pancakes etc. All very good, and the fresh juices are lovely. A nice way to start the day.
The villas are in what we thought is a great position, at the quiet Southern end of Sanur, walking out one way is the beach with restaurants and the other way is the start of the strip. We found it very convenient, and handy to all services, laundry, salons and shopping.
We spent quite a few hours sitting under the tree of knowledge with Ron or the other guests, and this place was a highlight of our trip.
Overall we found it to be a "little pearler", and we look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarsnfamily
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights (3 in late feb and 2 in early March). We love this place. The rooms are simple and clean and very comfortable (air con and mossie proof too). Life revolves around the gorgeous pool and gardens. Sanur Beach Villas attracts a wide variety of people - couples, singles, families, older, younger etc - and it all works. Many people who stay here have been regular visitors which speaks for itself. For us, this vibe meant that we made new friends and had great chats and laughs.
The location really suited us - its at the quieter southern end of Sanur and very close to the beach. There are some lovely simple restaurants and warungs at this end of the beach - Kesuma's and Treo Beach Cafe - all with good food and good prices. We hired bicycles from SBV and regularly rode along the beach path from our end of the beach to the other.
Ron and Irma have created a special place here at SBV - and at a very reasonable price. Thanks Ron, Irma, Rosie and staff for such a great holiday!

Room Tip: SBV also has apartments which sleep 4 to 6 and were lovely and also great value.
1 Thank MrsAnahata