“I can’t speak to the diving but...”

Neptune Scuba Diving
Ranked #2 of 234 Tours in Sanur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PADI 5 stars IDC and Disabled Divers International dive resort located in Sanur, Bali. PADI Courses, PADI IDC, Discover Scuba Diving, Fun Dives and Snorkelling in all famous dive sites: Padang Bai, Nusa Penida ( Manta Point ), Tulamben, Amed and Gili Mimpang / Tepekong / Biaha.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I was on a cruise that had Bali as a port of call and was keen to do a dive. I found Neptune via Google and began a conversation with Julian over a series of emails to organise the whole thing.

I was met by a driver at Benoa and driven to the rather amazing setup that Julian and Jo have created. The training pool is amazing. Julian greeted me like some kind of distant friend he was happy to be reacquainted with. We went through the formalities and I headed off to the dive site.

Long story short a 3rd parties wetsuit had a little hidden nasty residing in it and I was stung by a millipede. My driver and dive guide took me to the clinic to be sure I was ok. Dive guide stayed with me and helped translate a bit. After my brief stint in a small Balinese Clinic I was taken back to the dive shop and Julian made sure I was ok.

His team looked after everything and me. All my problems other that a flaming hot leg were solved.

I don’t know what the dive would have been like. But Julian and Jo run a thoroughly ethical business who treat their guests right.

Normally someone would say if I come back I will use company x again. Julian and Jo make me feel want to come back to Bali and try again. Top top company and people.

Joe D, Owner at Neptune Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Chris, me and Julian we've read your review together and we were speechless... in short, you're just amazing and you have warmed our hearts!

Like Julian said yesterday, we believe that everything happens for a reason and most of the times, it all happens for the best. We are really looking forward to seeing you soon ... we will absolutely dive together!

Stay safe and positive and have fun continuing your cruise!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"amazing experience"

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We just decided the day before that we want to dive at the manta point. So we sent a whats app and got an immediate response. The orgnisation via phone was very easy. The next day we were picked up at our hotel and went to the shop to check and try the equipment and meet our divemaster. The shop, the equipment and everything else is new, clean and well maintained. The dive at the manta point was absolutely stunning. After our two dives we went back to the dive shop and got lunch and free drinks. We had a grat day and would definitely come back. Thanks to Julian and Joe for the great talk and many tips.

Joe D, Owner at Neptune Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Ah Teresa, yesterday I was telling Julian about your review! It was a nice surprise for our Chinese New Year haha ... you're amazing and we're looking forward to having you again with us! xoxoxo from Bali!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Joe D, Owner at Neptune Scuba Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Just finished up two days with Julian, Joe and Gode on an advanced open water course and had an incredible time. This is a family run operation, and they do a wonderful job making their clients feel like part of the family from a very welcoming arrival through lunches from local restaurants to a great debrief session around the table in the afternoon. (Ask about the beer free policy for adults.)

The rental equipment was first rate, clearly well maintained and really a joy to use. They were very accommodating setting me up and had no problem fitting my 6'6" frame. This included setting me up with S100 tanks, instead of the usual S80's. Also, although the course is only five dives, they managed to squeeze in a 6th.

The two dive sites at Tulamben and Padang Bai were great with a good variety of coral and fish and decent visibility. By far the highlight was the dive on the USAT Liberty wreck and the incredible sea life on it, including a massive Hawksbill turtle. (Just be prepared for long drives to the sites, but made easier by the very modern minibuses Neptune uses.)

Only complaint is that they need more logo merchandise-- they did not have a shirt in my size. :)

All in all, could not have asked or a better experience. Thanks for a great time.

Eric- Bay Area California

Oh wow Eric, you just gave us a wonderful surprise this morning! Julian called me really excited to show me your review haha!

We realise that it's hard to express our true emotions within these replies... what we actually share during our moments here at the dive center.

Julian is so happy because you mentioned about the free beer policy :-))

xoxoxo from me and Julian!