All reviews boxing ring rice fields spa suite private pool fully equipped gym hotel gym vanilla french toast ocean view suite smith machine complimentary airport shuttle great place for relaxation hectic life sunrise walk complimentary drop bluetooth speaker hour spa gates opened
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We booked The Samata last minute due to a failed trip to Nusa Lembongan (because of high tide) never mind not being able to go because we had the most wonderful time here.

The grounds at the Samata are so well kept and picturesque with the beautiful rice paddies as a back drop.

We had the ocean view suite so a large balcony and amazing view including a large day bed. The room was spacious, the bathroom had a double vanity, bath and waterfall shower head. There was a turn down service at night which is a lovely touch.

3 course healthy meals for breakfast were fantastic, lunch brought to our suite and dinner was very good also. The gym had everything & we did yoga with Bagus on our last morning which was a great ending to a perfect 2 nights stay.

Thank you for having us.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Lisa H, General Manager at The Samata, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Emma B,

For a well-deserved vacation, we are elated that your entire experience at The Samata was a lovely one. We greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for our extensive fitness facilities and are thrilled to hear you felt touched by the attention of our team specifically Bagus. When you travel to our exquisite and relaxing surroundings, it is our personal, heartfelt joy to provide you with the service you need to relax in nature, you as well love the room and delicious healthy meals.

When you are once again ready to experience paradise, we will be here, ready to welcome you back to The Samata.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

This little paradise is a hidden gem just far enough away from the Sanur hustle, with a beautiful view over rice fields towards the sea. It has everything you are looking for in Bali: very scenic, clean, well kept premises, delicious beds, inside and outside shower/bath, very kind and helpful staff, good food, fully equipped gym and even a tennis court.

Room: we stayed in 2 bedroom villa nr 1 with a view across the 2 pools towards the rice fields and sea. Ask for villa nr 2 or 6; they are further away from a bit of street noise in the morning and have more privacy as well.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for joining us and for sharing your glowing review. The feeling is mutual for us, be the part of your perfect holiday by providing our service from the heart.

You have truly captured the essence of what it is like to stay at our resort which is conveniently located in a relaxing side of East Sanur where you were able to enjoy every moment of your experience, from the peaceful and scenic surroundings, healthy cuisine experience, get fit with our fitness program.

On behalf of our team, we hope that can come back soon for another adventure in paradise.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks in Villa 6, 2 bedroom, and had an amazing time with our 2 kids aged 4 and 6. Lovely resort and just outside Sanur which is a 10/15 minute drive via complimentary drop off or taxi.
Good food and staff is ready to please their guests 24/7.
No crowds as on the other side of the island and prices both at the hotel and Sanur are very good.

Lovely spa and fully equipped gym with Mr Bagus who is also excellent with kids.

Outdoor living, dining and bathrooms, what else would one wish for....pool is 7 x 15 meter and the kids loved it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear daryakurilonok,

Thank you for joining us and for sharing your glowing review.

It is also a pleasure to hear that you have amazing family holiday with us. Your positive observations about The Samata will be shared with our team who will be delighted to hear that their efforts at providing exemplary hospitality have been recognized.

I am glad the wide array of experiences at the resorts both for the kids and parents who would love to relax at the spa or keep up the health with our fitness program that available at The Samata is delighted you greatly.

On behalf of our team, we hope that you and family can come back soon for another relaxing escape in paradise.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about The Samata. From the moment I booked the room, the customer service was incredible. Their communication and drive for excellence are what sets them apart.

Airport Shuttle: The complimentary airport shuttle was waiting for me when I arrived, the driver was very friendly and provided me with water and a refreshing towel.

Hotel Check-In - Upon arrival you are greeted by multiple staff members and are escorted to a comfortable seat where they serve you a welcome drink. The check-in experience was smooth and timely.

The Room: I booked an ocean view room and was impressed from the moment I stepped into the room. The room was spacious, with a large bathroom, had a back patio, and a front patio. The view was absolutely stunning! There were a table and a comfortable lounge chair on the patio. They provided complimentary water in both the bathroom and the mini fridge. The room was as clean as can be. The bed was comfortable and had a bug net. They also provided bug spray, an essential oil diffuser, and an electronic bug thing. With that said I did not have any problems with mosquitos. There were a few in the room, but it is the tropics after all. Housekeeping did a fantastic job with my daily service and turndown service, I was impressed with the personal touches/surprises they would add to the room. I would for sure rate the room 5 stars!

The Restaurant: Overall I was very pleased with the restaurant. Having multiple food allergies, I had to be a bit picky. The chef did an incredible job of catering to my needs and making sure I had something to eat. One area for improvement would be the portions, I did think they were on the smaller side. I would usually leave feeling a bit hungry. The service at the restaurant was spectacular! They are very attentive, personal and provide outstanding service.

The Hotel Grounds: I was impressed from the moment I stepped foot into the hotel! Everything is well manicured, clean and beautiful. I really enjoyed the pool and the personal service that was provided while laying out by the pool. The Gym is incredible! If you are into fitness, this is the place to be. They have everything you need for an epic workout session.

Spa: I enjoyed a massage and body treatment during my stay at the Samata. The pricing and the service were excellent! The treatment rooms were nice and clean. Only good things to say about my spa experience.

The Staff: Wow! I cannot rave enough about the amazing customer service at The Samata! The staff went above and beyond to provide outstanding service. Everyone from the shuttle driver to housekeeping, to maintence, to the restaurant team, to the guest services team were on point!

Location: The Samata is about 15 minutes outside of Sanur. The hotel does provide a complimentary shuttle ride into Sanur upon your request. You do need to get a Taxi for the return, I thought this was simple and it only cost about 50,000 Rupiah. To me, it was nice being outside of the hustle and bustle. It is a very quiet location facing a rice field with ocean views in the background. The location was wonderful!

Overall my stay was fantastic and I wish I could have stayed longer. Such a great price point for what you get. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Rttravel1

Dear RKtravel1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a descriptive review. I'm glad you found our hotel to be the peaceful, relaxing and calm respite you were looking for on your an amazing stay at The Samata.

I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable throughout and that you liked our philosophy and concept offering sport and health retreats, from our culinary experience, turn down service from housekeeping, spa and more over during your holiday you could maintain your health with fitness physical activities. I am particularly pleased that you found our staff ‘polite, friendly, professional, caring and welcoming’.

We hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon Lifestyle Retreats!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

We stayed at the Ocean View Suite and it was very spacious with a big balcony overlooking the pool, the rice field and the ocean! The staff there are very friendly and the room service food was excellent too. Going out to the beach was a bit far, but it worth the walk through a village. If you stay there, you never want to go out.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear jackngan,

We are thrilled to hear you felt touched by the attention of our team. When you travel to our exquisite and relaxing surroundings, it is our personal, heartfelt joy to provide you with the service you need to relax in nature that made you never want to go out.

The west coast of Bali has a different look and feel, with black volcanic sand beaches and pounding surf. Whether it's the exotic black volcanic beaches of the west or the soft white sand beaches in the south, there's sure to be something for every type of beach-goer. But it is great to have local experience on the walk through Balinese village and rice field

When you are once again ready to experience paradise, we will be here waiting to welcome you back to The Samata.