“LOVED IT”
Review of Secret Cafe

Secret Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Nusa Dua
Description: The "Secret Cafe" is situated in the heart of Nusa Dua, Bali. We provide an extensive breakfast and lunch menu. Besides the best sandwiches in Bali, our passion is to create the perfect Illy coffee for our customers.
Reviewed 10 January 2015

This cute little café was one of the best things that happened to us in our 1-month stay in Bali. We are Dutch and we’re used to eating bread in the morning, but it’s difficult to find that in Bali. I couldn’t be happier when we found Secret Café. The sandwiches are reaaally good; nice French ‘baquettes’ baked in the oven. And I haven’t even mentioned the coffee! It made my day, wasn’t expecting to find illy coffee in Nusa Dua. The place looks really nice with lovely paintings that Indra (the owner) painted herself. Indra is the best! Always smiling and she knew exactly what we wanted when we came in for breakfast (every morning for three weeks). You should definitely stop by Secret Café when your in Nusa Dua.

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed 10 January 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed in Nusa Dua for over a month last summer. After the discovery of the Secret cafe we visited Indra (owner) almost every day. The sandwiches and coffee are amazing! I would recommend the hospitality of the staff and quality of their products to everyone who stays in Bali!

We will be back for sure!

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank RoelvonWeiler
Reviewed 28 December 2014

I think this cafe is really a secret. I work nearby but never seen in it. Only after my friend told my about a secret lovely tresure hiden on jalan seligita, I have noticed a small sign ILLY. I had a cup coffee and cake, which were perfect than come again and again. Indra and her husband are very attentive and friendly people, and it's always a pleasure to look on the wonderful pictures on the walls, to plan my day and to be glad that places like this exist in nusa dua.

1  Thank Aver25
Reviewed 10 December 2014

We discovered this place yesterday and, have since, had every single meal here!
The cafe itself is owned by a couple. Both are such lovely people. Her paintings are dotted around the homely space and their joint clothing line is on display next to the large comfy sofa. The vibe of the entire place is very chilled, very surfer and eclectic...a nice change from all the super high end places that surround it.

For breakfast we all ordered fruit plates, fresh juices (watermelon and coconut water) and eggs with toast and salsa. We may have also ordered a slice of chocolate and pear cake because it looked too good to let the last piece go to someone else. The cake is also homemade :)

Dinner was Nasi Gorreng with a side of Greek salad and potato salad. Each of these packed with flavour. We then also ordered 3 more juices and a banana milkshake (or 2). If I wasn't so full I would have ordered more and another slice of cake. Instead we ordered coffee, which came with a side of two biscuits each. Perfect for that last little hole in my belly.

We are going back again tomorrow before we leave, for a cakey breakfast.

The staff are some of the friendliest I've experience on this side of Bali so far. So chatty and always happy to answer our questions. Thank you for a great experience and see you tomorrow

2  Thank Natasaleoni
Reviewed 10 December 2014

We explored this cute surfer-like cafe by accident and we couldn't be more happy!
It was the perfect hideout from all the stress on the streets of Nusa Dua.
When we walked hin we were greeted by friendly faces and lovely souls!
I had the best watermelon juice ever (I LOVE WATERMELOOOON!) and a super delicious chocolate cake!
we will see you in the morning :)

2  Thank KatharinaJung

Been to Secret Cafe? Share your experiences!