Piero Matarazzo
Sao Paulo, SP
Amazing stay
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Jan 2024via mobile
Luxurious and beautiful hotel facing the sea.
Upon arrival I was greeted by the incredible Yurika and Jessica who were attentive and accompanied me throughout my stay. In general, the entire team is very polite and helpful.

I stayed in a huge, luxurious suite close to the sea. The restaurants are very good, delicious food. The breakfast is very complete, with several options. The massage at the SPA is great, and wet facilities too. The pool is very pleasant, even though the hotel is very big, it is not very crowded. The same for the beach.

A special thank you to Jessica, who is very kind, helpful and always ready to help with whatever is needed. Making your stay a pleasant experience!
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Algotels
3.1 km from The Ritz-carlton, Bali
View more hotels in Nusa Dua
4,049 results
All reviews beach grill afternoon tea hydro pool ladies and gentlemen lounge bar buggy drivers junior suite indonesian restaurant kids club lagoon access buggy service the cliff indian ocean main pool pool staff in room dining beautiful property
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2024

So amazing! My partner and I visited for Bali the first time December 2023. We we're initially debating between St. Regis and the Ritz and while I can't speak for St. Regis, we're glad we made the Ritz our choice.

First of all the property is beautiful. From the check-in lobby, which is elevated overlooking the entire property, to the beautifully gardened lawns, to the beachfront stretch - every single part is carefully taken care of by a meticulous staff team.

The room - we were upgraded to a Sawangan Junior Suite and it was super spacious. Zero complaints.

Breakfast was delicious with so many choices which alternated daily! We loved trying all the fresh juices and the Balinese food. For those of you with a less adventurous palate or with kids, there's plenty of Western/international choices as well. Special shoutout to Owen. He was a staff who served us numerous times at breakfast and he had the best customer service + attitude. So friendly, conversational, and quick to respond to requests.

We enjoyed relaxing at the beach for most of our days at the resort. All the loungers by the beach and pool have a call button so that you can be serviced at any time, which is extremely convenient! We were serviced by several employees but two standouts were Agus and Yoga. They were both so friendly, and went above and beyond with any requests. They both also gave wonderful suggestions for things to do around Nusa Dua and the rest of Bali. I hope they stay with the Ritz and we have the lovely pleasure of seeing them if we ever return!

To sum up, the hospitality is top-notch Asian hospitality. If you are coming for only the sheer beauty of the beach, to be frank there are better beaches in the world (e.g. Caribbean - endless blue ocean and white fine sand with no seaweed) because at the Ritz stretch, there is seaweed (not a nuisance though but just an aesthetic bother) and the waves get intense in the afternoon (morning is the best for an ocean swim, afternoon can get rough / is good if you want small waves for surf). However, this property is pristine and well taken care of, and most importantly the staff are incredible and oh-so friendly! You will definitely feel pampered, spoiled, and well taken care of on your time here!

I would especially recommend for couples and families. We came as a couple but I get a sense that kids are also well taken care of at this property.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Subin Dharman, General Manager at The Ritz-carlton, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2024

Dear Sail_intoTheSunset,

Greetings From The Ritz-Carlton Bali.

Thank you for trusting us for your recent holidays here in Bali and for your lovely tripadvisor review. Very glad to read that you had a memorable stay experience at our resort as well as pleased to know that you loved our facilities, starting from our Sawangan Junior Suite, dining restaurants as well as I highly appreciate your recognition towards the 'top notch' and attentive service that was provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen throughout your stay. I will ensure that your kind words and highlights will be shared with them and the entire team as I am sure it will further add to each and every one`s motivation to always continuously create memorable experiences for all our guests.

Thank you for recommending the Ritz-Carlton Bali to our tripadvisor readers and potential future guests and on behalf of all our Ladies and Gentlemen, I look forward to be hosting you in the near future for another memorable holiday here at 'your home away from home' in Bali.

Reviewed 1 January 2024

The entire stuff is soo amazing 👌 Thanks to Dede and his colleagues for taking extremely good care of us..
Gorgeous Prestine Villa with Ferrari smart toilets🫣🤭
More than I expected 👏👏Got my money’s worth

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear tembalikayisel,

Greetings From The Ritz- Carlton Bali.

Thank you for your great review shared with or Tripadvisor’s readers. I’m glad to read that you had a wonderful stay at our Villa.

Thank you for highlighting your guardian angel Dede and Butler Team who have extended a personalized and attentive service and genuine caring throughout your entire stay. Our Ladies and Gentlemen are with no doubt at all in my mind, our most important asset in our commitment to exceptional service for all our guests.

I look forward to be welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the near future here at The Ritz-Carlton Bali.

Reviewed 31 December 2023

It was our first trip in Bali to chill out.
We had stayed another Ritz-Carltons, but the experience at Ritz-Carlton Bali are super.
Ritz-Carlton Bali has a great view, tasty restaurant and gorgeous room with pool, but the most impressive one was our butler, Arya.
He always responded quickly to our requests with good hospitality and he was diligent and sincere. Thanks to him, we were able to stay comfortably and relaxed.
We will be off to Ritz-Carlton Bali again absolutely.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ryok796,

Greetings From The Ritz-Carlton Bali

Thank you for writing a beautiful review and for sharing your stay experience with our Tripadvisor readers.

Thank you for your lovely note in recognizing the level of personalized services and genuine caring extended by our Ladies and Gentlemen as our guest comfort is always the our utmost priority for all our Ladies and Gentlemen and thank you for highlighting especially Arya from Butler Service.

On behalf of our Ladies and Gentlemen, once again thank you for your visit and I look forward to be welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 December 2023

Ritz-Carlton Bali at Nusa Dua was born only in early 2015 after the original Ritz-Carlton Bali, which was Asia's first RC property, became independent in 2009 due to a legal dispute. That resort is still near Jimbaran, now known as the Ayana resort & spa. This new RC at Nusa Dua was perhaps built to resemble the original one though definitely not on such a grand scale. Nevertheless, during our recent trip to Bali we decided to spend two nights at this property. I made a redemption stay for the Sawangan Junior Suite with pool access. I thought the points redeemed were quite competitive compared to the then ongoing rates which was also within my expected range of Bonvoy points' redemption value. In any case, since we were doing a belated celebration of our 10th anniversary I emailed the general manager Subin Dharman. My email ended up in spam (as it seemingly does very frequently these days to many Marriott addresses) and so I had to forward it to his personal address. He responded almost immediately while his executive assistant Eka Lindawati answered my queries. As expected, upgrade to a villa was not immediately confirmed but it was done later on arrival. Redemptions don't typically include breakfast, but this was also included on request on both the days. Finally, as RC Bali participated in the ClubMarriott program this enabled some further discounts on F&B too.

We arrived at RC Bali after a rather long Grab ride from our Ubud hotel. Immediately, on arrival we were attended and greeted by the then front office manager on duty and was introduced to our butler Kenji who would be a single point of contact from then on. We sat at one corner of the lobby overlooking the cliff with a beautiful view of the resort and the ocean in the background. The lobby itself looked quite nice with local elements fused in at different places while there was also a live performance of a traditional musical instrument. However, there appeared to be a lack of comfortable seating options. Kenji led us to the lift which would take us to the resort level, easily 12 stories below the reception level. We were upgraded to one of their Pavilion villas, located next to the pool.

Although it promised a lagoon view, there was not much of a view from the villa whose USP instead was the pool at the back. Although there were some influences from Balinese architecture, the villa itself was thoroughly modern. The housekeeping had very nicely decorated the villa to celebrate our special occasion. There were balloons, a flower bouquet on the bed, towel art swans on the sofa daybed, an anniversary cake, a full fruits platter at the centre table. Few gifts waiting were local Balinese hats for both of us and a tote bag. The bedroom itself was quite compact, where the king-size bed was the centrepiece coupled with two side tables. The living area had the daybed, the marble-top centre table, two chairs, the entertainment station and the minibar with a espresso machine. The five fixture bathroom was located at four different places of the suite. The rather compact wash basins were right behind the bed, the toilet and bath areas were in two separate rooms on either side of the suite, while the semi-outdoor tub was on the way to pool access. There was also a pool deck with couple of chairs and a table. The rather uncommon things in the room included the wooden fan in the living area, the spectacular auto open/close Toto toilet, the confusing open wardrobe design but above all the compact pool with all the tropical plants surrounding it. The TV didn’t work initially and it took a lot of effort from Kenji and housekeeping to get it fixed.

The resort being compact in size was eminently walkable and in general was landscaped and maintained very well. An army of staff seemed to be always at work. The main pool area was rather crowded with families, which was flanked by the The Beach Grill and Breezes restaurant on either sides. The beach area was nice, the sand was sparkling clean unlike some other hotel beaches in Bali and a good sunrise is usually waiting in the morning. Buggies were still available to take you all around including up to the Senses breakfast restaurant.

Food was one area where the resort seriously lacked. First evening we had tapas and drinks at the Breezes lounge facing the beach. While the tapas (mushroom croquettes) were okay our drinks seriously lacked alcohol. For dinner we went to the Beach Grill where they had saved the best table for us. After the rather average crustacean bisque, I opted for the steak while my wife went for the mixed seafood grill (Sawangan symphony). While the steak was cooked well, although the meat could have been better, the grill was a disaster. Most of the pieces were over-grilled and all we could taste was char! Even after this we continued toward a dessert where we opted for a strawberry mille-feuille which was an even greater mess. The rough pastries were so over-baked that they crumbled into dust on biting. The restaurant inscribed the 10th anniversary thing on the dessert plate and so we thought this would be made complimentary or would be waived off from our bill. Neither happened. Finally, before we asked for the bill they got us some cocktails (complimentary) which clearly was an afterthought. They also forgot to add the ClubMarriott discount which Kenji had to track down and get corrected later.

The breakfast at Senses although seemed like a grand affair, on closer observation, I would not rate very highly. Here the service was much better and slightly more attentive. Overall, housekeeping was perhaps the best of the lot. Kenji was very good too who remembered to keep a parting gift in our room. Elsewhere, there were some experienced heads in the property but on the whole it lacked the finesse expected from RC ladies and gentlemen. The F&B was simply not up to the mark and the famed Ritz-Carlton breakfast simply went missing.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2023

I don’t know how the good reviews come from about the hotel room, dirty, outdated and bad odor.

For the price I paid per night (700USD/per night) I did have high expectations. The first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the odor and I don’t know where it comes from, maybe it’s the air from the air conditioning or from the dirty fabrics in the room. Sofa and curtains are outdated and have stains. The bedsheet comes off easily and does not tuck in . There’s stains on the blanket, just disgusting to see. I did not enjoy staying in the room at all, and once I stepped out of the room, my throat instantly feels better with fresh air.

Nonetheless, the high price I paid I guess it’s only for the staff being very polite , kids friendly but really, that’s it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Subin Dharman, General Manager at The Ritz-carlton, Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2023

Dear FC694,

Greetings from The Ritz-Carlton Bali.

Thank you for sharing your valuable and constructive feedback through online review.

It is surely a matter of deep concern for us to know that your stay did not only fail to match up to the quality that we strive to offer to our guests at all times.

I extend our sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced during your stay especially in regards with room maintenance and odor issues. I have flagged internally all points mentioned and rest assured that I will be reviewing them with Director of Engineering and Director of Rooms to further enhance our maintenance and cleaning program & problem resolution. I thank you for your highlight of our Staff services.

Once again, thank you very much for taking your time to share your detailed feedback with us as it is through such constructive feedback as yours that we will be able to review the quality of our service standards, addressing shortfalls and ultimately ensure that we meet and exceed all our guest’s expectations.