5,005 results
All reviews zen pool circus team deck restaurant main bar chef de village flying trapeze crazy signs evening shows special thanks a la carte restaurant water sports family holiday meal times great holiday sports activities interconnecting rooms beach bar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I found out about Club Med Bali at the Melbourne travel expo this year and thought it was such a good deal I spontaneously booked 5 nights with return flights and transfer all through Club Med’s website. I was so glad I did! Nusa Dua is stunning with its lush green gardens everywhere you look. Club Med was amazing and secluded from all of the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Seminyak. Yet we were still able to easily do day trips to Kuta, Seminyak and Ubud all at cheap prices. The facilities are expansive and there is so much to do that you don’t even need to leave the resort. And most of it is included in your package! We did paddle boarding and snorkelling at no extra cost, but there’s so much more you can do. Including all buffet meals. I’m not normally a fan of buffet but the food here was delicious and the menu was changed every day so you don’t get bored. Also the buffet is very clean, didn’t get sick once. No bali belly at all. I only took one point off my review just for the fact that the room we stayed in was more so a 3 star room. But the resort facilities and staff are 4-5 star! Really don’t want to leave :( thank you for having us!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Club Med Ψ, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Jessica L,

Thank you so much for choosing Club Med Bali as your holiday destination!

We're so happy to know you had a great time with us and managed to do some day trips out to explore beautiful Indonesia. Thank you for your kind commendations about our food and facilities. We hope to provide an all-inclusive offerings to all our GMs, this means making sure that you're taken cared of from start to finish.

We are sorry to hear about your room experience. Please know that we take all feedback seriously, and this will be relayed to the respective departments.

Take care where you are and we hope to welcome you back to any of our Club Med resorts soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Only one thing : After visiting different Club Med This one is really the best one in terms of value for money, for adults and kids!! Don't hesitate & book! The staff is excellent and the club by itself too!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med

Hi StephaneFasq,

Thank you so much for choosing Club Med Bali as your holiday destination!

We're so happy to know you had a great time with us. Thank you for your kind commendations about our GO team and facilities.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were a large group of 21 with babies, toddlers and children, everything was perfect. Our ground floor deluxe rooms opening out onto the lawn were fantastic. The arrival and departure was very well organised and all went smoothly. The meals were restaurant quality for every buffet with delicious meals to suit everyone. Would highly recommend this place for a family holiday.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Global746219

Hi,

Thank you so much for choosing Club Med Bali for your family holiday!

We're so happy to know your large group of friends and family had a great time with us. Thank you for your kind commendations about our room and food. We hope to provide a smooth vacation for all our GMs, this means making sure that you're taken cared of from start to finish.

Take care where you are and we hope to welcome you back to any of our Club Med resorts soon for another family holiday!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our first stay at any Club Med. We read all the reviews on Trip Advisor so felt our expectations were prepared.
I want to share the things that surprised us to try and avoid anyone else getting into the same predicament we did.

There is no where to order food between 4.45pm - 6.45pm, which as a parent with 2 young kids, this is when they eat. There is no room service so if they are tired you have to drag them out across the huge grounds over to the buffet each night.
There is a small eatery which has limited opening hours next to the adult only pool, it has a very limited menu. We turned up before 4.30pm (they closed at 5pm) and the wait staff actually rolled their eyes at us. There was no way the kids were going to stay awake until the buffet opened later after a day of swimming and this was the only other option we had. This is the first time in the 20 years I have been coming to Bali where I have had a rude interaction with a staff member at any of the hotels we have stayed in.
While the buffet was very nice on the first 3 days you get very sick of it after a while. There are only so many different themes on the same food you can tolerate.
There is also a few hours between breakfast and lunch where there is no where at all open for food either. So morning tea/brunch, early dinner or anything between dinner and breakfast is out of the question. I believe this would be an issue for a lot of people with young kids or adjusting to another time zone.

It is an enormous walk in the heat from a lot of the rooms to the main pool area and restaurant. It is a huge hotel and you do feel it.

There is only 1 family pool (there is an adults only pool which is warmer than I run baths). There is a very little shade (only 1 small section which isn't UV), it is a giant concrete rectangle which is only as deep as your waste. They don't enforce babies wearing nappies. the pool was 'pood' out - brown out I believe they called it - 6 out of the 10 days we were there. This entails everyone getting out once it is noticed and they dump a heap of acid in the pool and no one can get back in for 4 hours.
On the 3rd day my 6 year old son got back in after a sweltering wait after we were told it was safe and he started crying that his face was burning, the next day the skin started peeling off his face, hands and neck. the day we left my husband also had the same issue on his arms and face.

It is noisy at night. Every night. Night shows and activities start at 9pm every night and if you have young kids who cant stay up that long then you miss out on it plus you have the added grievance of having to listen to it all from your room and on some night when they have the night club on or fireworks the kids get woken up and you have to deal with tired grumpy kids as well.

On Day 2 we asked to see the general manager and asked to leave. She said - go ahead but you wont get any refund. You can send head office an email but only after you check out but its at their discretion and she has never known anyone to get a refund, only a credit to another one of their hotels - at best. Given we are not interested in staying in another Club Med and had paid upfront for 10 days, we couldn't afford to leave. She also told us if we left a negative review on Trip Advisor then we definitely wouldn't get anything.

She did offer to move us to another room which was more quiet at night. We did appreciate this. It did help at night and it was a nicer room but it was so far away from the restaurant and pool we were always exhausted and hot by the time we got anywhere.

We decided if we were unable to leave then we would try to make the most of it as it was costing us a fortune to be there so we did our best to make the most of the situation but in reality we still wished we could leave.

The day before we left our 7 year old daughter became very ill with temperatures and pain in her ear, we took her to the doctor who said she had an outer and inner ear infection. I asked if it could be from the quality of the pool water and they said it was very likely. She was in such poor health she couldn't fly home. My husband and son left for Australia as they had work and school, my daughter and I left Club Med, finally, and moved to the Westin Nusa Dua where we were so very very much happier and looked after, how a luxury hotel should be.

I am not sure how many 'stars' the Club Med Bali is supposed to be. I found it worn down, not just the rooms feeling old, damp and dirty but also with poor facilities in the disgusting pool, eating options which do not cater for customers and staff members who are rude and unprofessional.

When I worked out the costs of staying at nicer hotels (other all inclusive hotels as well as just adding up all the costs of not all inclusive hotels) I found this to be much better value. I think the all inclusive hype is just that - hype and not value for money in this instance. You do not get what you pay for.

Having been to Bali over 15 times now I will not be going back to Club Med, so disappointed.

I hope this review was useful to you. I am sure there are some people it suits fine but I wanted to share our experience in case there are things here you can relate to.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank meghanwa1980
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was my first visit to a Club Med...what an amazing concept. 'All inclusive package holiday' really is ALL included... Food, Drink, a variety of activities, water sports, entertainment... or beautiful landscape to just relax.
.BUT more than anything ..amazing staff. The GO's (Gentille Organiser) are really highly professional and specialized is their respective roles and responsibilities, and such warm and happy people from all over the world. I love snorkeling, and would love to thank the fantastic water sport crew for being so caring and so much fun! If you have kids..there is a whole parallel world just for kids...And the food...what a choice and excellent quality! Basically, I cannot say enough how totally relaxing and fun this holiday was. ...The Zen pool is just a dream.. etc etc etc...THANK YOU Jeremy and all for recharging my energy to TOP!!

Stayed: March 2018

Hi muso b,

Thank you so much for choosing Club Med Bali as your holiday destination!

We're so happy to know you had a great time with us. Thank you for your kind commendations about our GO team and sports facilities. We're so glad to hear that you loved snorkeling and had an amazing time with us. We hope to provide an all-inclusive offerings to all our GMs, this means making sure that you're taken cared of from start to finish.