Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
6,379 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This was my first club med experience. I'm a convert.

We went for five days and stayed in a balcony room which interconnected with another room. 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms were adequate but tired. I'd rate them as 3 star older style rooms. I assume they were once 4 star but that time has long passed. On the bright side, there are so many activities that you don't really spend much time in your room.

The children attended kids club and really enjoyed themselves. The activities were fun and physically challenging. Happy tired kids.

The general resort areas were very well maintained. Sporting equipment was good quality and well cared for. The pool area was pleasant and everyone seemed to get a chair. Equally the beach area was nicely maintained and plenty of loungers. What the rooms lacked the general resort made up for.

A brief comment on the beach: fabulous is your european but only adequate if your Australian. The beaches in Nusa Dua high tide beaches and low tide wading pools. If you're a beach fanatic you'd be disappointed. Luckily I'm not.

The bar area was well staffed and there was an endless supply of drinks all included in your tariff. They have a kids corner where the kids can order mocktails and other drinks. The children just loved this.

The GO's made the general ambience lots of fun. Once you recovered from the shock of the general 'summer camp' vibe - it was fun. You really have to let yourself go and get into the club med philosophy of fun and participation. You'll be surprised ! We were a bit aghast when we first arrived but by the end we were signing up for classes and really enjoying ourselves.

The highlight for the children was being able to wander around the resort unsupervised. There are so many GO's around it is very safe to allow the kids to wander off for half an hour with a group of new friends. This village feel allowed the children to be transported to another era when kids could roam and parents could relax.

The buffet was excellent at all meals. Really, one of the best I'd experienced. The food was beautifully prepared. The menu was diverse. The chefs attention to detail could be seen at every meal. We relocated to the Hilton Conrad for our last two days and we were disappointed in the food at the Conrad compared to Club Med. The management of the Conrad should go and see how to prepare a five star buffet.

The only shortcoming was the lack of shellfish - no crab or lobsters but otherwise every thing else was available.

A comment on the wine supplied. It was terrible. Really, you should only drink it as a spritzer. ClubMed have a wine list to purchase by the bottle which we did not try. We just stuck to cocktails. If you're keen, buy some wine at the airport on the way in.......

A few general words of advice:
1. Bring lots of sunscreen. Reapply hourly. Bring a rash shirt for all family members and a hat that can be worn in the pool. Seriously, you'll want to be outside as much as possible so come prepared. A nice fashion shirt/caftan to COVER all your bits from the sun. Although we were careful the first day we all got roasted and the guy running kids club said that was typical. You'll need zinc and some 30plus lip balm. The kids club pool has a shade cloth. Make sure the little ones swim there for available sessions.
2. If you can fly garuda from Australia - do ! All immigration is processed on the plane. Two immigration officers fly on the plane and check all passports. Garuda have a visa office at the airport (Sydney) to purchase your visa before getting on the plane. This was a fabulous service. We travel a lot and I'd never experience anything like it - a perfect arrival routine. The general quality of service was below Singapore but above Virgin. The entertainment system was good for adults and OK for kids.
3. Bali has very serious traffic problems. It's like a parking lot much of the time. Plan your trips out carefully and allow plenty of time. If you've got kids who get bored easily or car sick, leave them at the resort.
5. The resort rocks until 12pm. If you're a light sleeper bring ear plugs. I've certainly experience worse but if noise bugs you - bring them along.
6. The resort supplies shampoo and body wash. BYO conditioner.
7. The resort security was great. I felt very safe and felt the children were safe. The Conrad felt less so.
8. The all inclusive rate makes it great value for money.

5  Thank sewme
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I had an amazing experience at Club Med Bali. The location is perfect as it is not too far out of Bali and not too close to the busy cities. The local markets are also in walking distance, which I went to with friends almost everyday.

The great thing about Club Med's are that they have the Junior Club for 11years-17years, which is great because teenagers get to make friends with people their own age. Our Junior Club leader was Melissa and she was great! Her bubbly and fun personality was a large part of why we had such a great holiday.

Thank you for such an amazing experience! Will definitely stay with Club Med again next year.

Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

It was my first Club Med experience and I had a great time with my buddy. Our days are filled with loads of activities and sports which we fully enjoyed. The GOs are a bunch of friendly and multi talented people whom I fully respect. It was SMILES & LAUGHTERS all the way during my 5 Days/4 Nights stay there.

1  Thank Lilvalley
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Our family has just returned from our first Club Med holiday and we had a wonderful 7 nights.

We went as a family with twin 11 year old boys and they had an amazing time. Being totally mad on sport they loved Junior Club which enabled them to participate in archery, kayaking, swimming, snorkelling, daily tournments and circus trapeze. Thank you so much Trisna for the wonderful program you provided them with each day. You were very caring and they loved spending time with you. You even sought them out at meal times if they weren't sitting with you just to make sure they were having fun and always knew what was happening next. They certainly missed you once they left.

Another highlight for the boys was the daily soccer game. Thank you so much Victor, Olan and JP for your energy each afternoon. We really appreciated all the extra time Victor put into one of our boys helping him to improve his sportmanship skills! The boys also loved receiving their sports medals at the end of the week.

The concerts each night were great fun. The Michael Jackson show and circus evenings were wonderful and we loved the Cultural evening. We were thrilled to see our boys perform in the kids night "Peter Pan" performance. Thanks Allyn!

The buffet meals were fantastic with so much variety. One of our boys has a severe peanut allergy and after meeting with the chef we felt very confident that the food was safe for him. This was a great relief and we didn't have to worry about him all week.

Having just come from a week in Seminyak we did feel that the rooms were dated however they were quiet and we certainly didn't spend anytime in them as there was always so much to do.

As adults, the adult pool was wonderful and apart from lying around the pool enjoying the many cocktails we had a chance to try out land and water sports we don't usually get time for at home.

Thank you to all the GO's, Trisna, Victor, Melissa, Olan, Anita, JP and Allyn.

We would recommend Club Med Bali as a great family destination and would love to return!

Room tip: The rooms in the 4000's were quiet.
2  Thank Deanna_Sco
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We have just returned from a lovely holiday at Club Med in Bali. On departure my husband and I split our resort expenses, and settled the account separately using our individual credit cards. Once home my husband checked his statement and noticed that the resort had debited his account twice, he cautioned me to check my statement which I did only to find that I had also been debited twice. This is most disconcerting and I caution all other visitors to this resort to double check your statements carefully.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple