“Choose wisely...or maybe just get a day pass”
Review of Club Med Bali

Club Med Bali
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Sydney, Australia
“Choose wisely...or maybe just get a day pass”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had been planning our family holiday for 12 months so there were high expectations and hopes pending our arrival. Often these review are quite long so I will try and keep it short....

Positive: Stunning gardens and manicured lawns
Fabulous location right on the beach
Very friendly staff who interacted beautifully with our children
Great service around the bar
PLENTY of activities and things to do (if you know when they are on, see below)
Amazing Kids Club (although there is no food readily available in the resort between
5:00pm and 7:00pm...usually when most kids are hungry)
Fresh Fruit and Dessert selections AH-MAZING
Very accepting of children in all areas of resort (except the quiet pool)

Negative:
If you "judge a book by its cover" you will think you have arrived to a hotel in the back streets of Kuta. "CLUB MED" sign out the front is old and dated, entrance is black/grey tired looking tiles.
On arrival we were not given ANY information about any of the activities or when they were run, it wasn't until my family came to visit for the day that they were given a pamphlet outlining everything (wouldn't this be the first thing you showed your customers?)
Main pool is quite shallow (no deeper than 1.4m) not great for hanging out in, in my opinion and is possibly why it gets quite warm in the afternoon.
Cocktails are not very alcoholic, if it wasn't for the sweetness of them you could probably drink them all day and not be affected.
I expected a greater range of Indonesian food, it is only a small section in the main dining area, other food selections are Japanese, Chinese, Korean and fried food. (all I wanted was Nasi Goreng!!)
Tables were quite dirty in Agung Restaurant, I know they are busy but it would be nice it they wiped the down after each use and by wipe down I mean pick up the place mats (maybe even change them once in a while) and wipe up all the crap that has soaked through it and sits underneath it, like milk!
Biggest annoyance, not being able to feed the kids until 7:15, if your kids are older obviously this would be OK but ours are 3 and 5 and usually in bed by 7:30 and hungry at 5.

Would I return? Can't answer that one until we try another all inclusive resort and can compare...stay tuned.

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms for families are great option
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Shan2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My boyfriend and I had a great time at club med. The staff were friendly and very competent and we became friends with many of them. Zaidul at reception, Zeke Marco and Tiki at the circus, Anita and Adi at the bar and Steve Irul and Agus at water sports all became good friends during our stay and added to our experience. The quality and choice of the buffet was excellent and the bar was a highlight. The evening shows were always fun and all the G.O's got involved, even Phillippe the chief of village was enthusiastically involved every night. The activites were great fun and there is far too many to list. Overall club med has been the best hotel i have stayed at and I will be returning for sure.
Hannah and Luke

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hannah E
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Club Med Bali is great for kids and big kids - have been there over 15 times. Only problem is that they have uped the prices as they have free Grog and now has made some of the other resorts very attractive. Stayed at Westin and Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank PETER K
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I've just spent 8 nights here with 3 other mates. 1 of us had been here the previous year and had a ball so he recommend we go there and we were not disappointed. We knew that it was a family resort but this didn't matter as the staff and other guests we met made everyday and every night enjoyable. Upon arrival we were greeted by the ever-friendly Zaidul (Z) who made sure we settled in quickly and took care of us for the entirety of our stay. Thankyou also to the beautiful Vitta at reception who always greeted us with a smile and had become a good friend by the time we left.

The buffet was sensational and there was always a good selection of food, and we had the company of some of the G.O.'s at our table every night (there is nearly always food available whether it's for a late lunch, a bbq on the beach, or nibbles before dinner). After dinner there is always entertainment on the main stage, and then more again in the main bar. The Michael Jackson show being one of the highlights. Everyone's enthusiasm is infectious, and after a couple of days we were up there doing the dances with all the GO's and other guests.

Everyone who was involved in the shows werefantastic! Anita at the bar always made sure we had a drink, and the wait-staff were very efficient and friendly and got to know our usual orders very quickly! We got to know a lot of the GO's over a drink at the end of the night or when they had finished working, and this made our holiday so much more fun. We liked to kick on to the club for a bit of a dance (mum's and dad's too!) and thanks to Manu for entertaining some of our song requests!

We also liked to make the most of our days and there is soooo much to do to keep you busy. I would highly recommend a tennis lesson with Guy who lifted our game significantly, and a gym session with Helene. And, along with Steve from watersports, these are 3 of the nicest South Africans I've ever met. Thanks guys! The golf was also a good challenge and more than I was expecting for a pitch-and-putt. Add to this a bit of archery, badmington, table-tennis, football, squash and some pool time, we had trouble trying to fit everything in! There is also the trapeze if anyone is game enough to give it a go! The circus crew were very telented. The main pool was nice and always a lifeguard during the day if you have kids there. There is also a nice quiet pool for those wanting a bit more peace and privacy which would suit all couples.

Philip (GM) was always out and about making sure everyone was happy, and all the staff were very attentive to our needs. Overall, it was so convenient being able to leave our rooms without having to worry about buying lunch, or paying for drinks. Our rooms were very tidy, and even the lady who changes our room made sure she shook our hands goodbye when we were leaving! I love the Balinese people, and the other international staff were just as friendly.

A special thanks must go to Zaidul, Vitta, Guy, Helene, Steve, Anita, Octa, Junia, Agnus and Erick (and I'm sure I've forgotten some so I apologise) for making us feel so comfortable, for the laughs, your company, your energy and enthusiasm, and for making our holiday what it was. It was sad that we had to leave, but we left knowing we have met so many great people and hopefully we will see you all again in the not-too-distant future. Thanks Club Med Bali!!!!

Chris/Christine/Christy/Mr Penguin

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Chris G
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I have arrived at Club Med Bali had a good rest on the first day but things took a turn for the worst on the 2nd day. I woke up to find patches of red blotchy marks which are characteristic of bed bugs on my arms. We rushed down to the reception immediately to request for a change in bed sheet. I showed my arm to the receptionist and highlighted that it seemed like the work of bed bugs however she seemed nonchalant about the situation. Furthermore, when I requested for some anti-inflammatory cream to apply on my scars to soothe the itchiness, we were asked to purchase it on our own. It surprises me that such a hotel does not even carry a simple first-aid kit to sooth a distraught patron. On reaching the inflamer room, the lady seemed incompetent as she was unable to give suggestions as to the cause of my marks.

All of the above seem very uncharacteristic of a 4-star hotel which has been in establishment on 1950s. Furthermore an institution that prides on 5 star service and hospitality. To begin with, it is horrific to even imagine that there could possibly be bed bugs lurking in such a prized establishment. Furthermore seeing as how service is a priority, I was disappointed by the lack of concern by the staff or any steps taken to ensure that we feel safer to stay in our rooms (for example, to change rooms).

These marks thoroughly put me at unease during my honeymoon and the terrible state of the marks forced me to stay indoors and not participate in the outdoor activities. What was supposed to be the best week of our married life turned out to be one of worry and despair, all of which club med promises to dispel as soon as you enter the establishment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Vocalicious
club c, Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online. We are sincerely sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with your holiday. As for the food, Club Med implements strict health policies in our worldwide resorts. We have improved the quality of our food and exert our every effort to make our guests satisfied.
As far as the attitude of our staff, we can assure you that Club Med does not condone such behaviour from our members of staff. All our staff is trained to demonstrate helpfulness,respect and sense of service. We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments in writing. Be sure that your complaint is taken very seriously and that we are constantly monitoring the standard of customer care in all our Resorts worldwide.

We hope we will have opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you in one of our resorts in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nusa Dua
0.7 km away
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
2.7 km away
Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Been to Club Med Bali? Share your experiences!