Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
AU$231
Breakfast included
Agoda.com
AU$207
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews ocean view indian ocean bedroom villa beach bar free mini bar peaceful stay rooms are huge beach access geger beach living area pool area main building breakfast was excellent our honeymoon perfect holiday great resort free shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2019

The hotel boasts great view of the ocean, huge suite rooms that are well-maintained, great breakfast spread, great access to the beach bar and the beach below it! The staffs are all very friendly and helpful, check-in and check-out was a breeze too! A great, great place to stay at and one should definitely experience staying at Ulu Segara at least once when they are in Bali!

Room tip: All suites faces the ocean!:)
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Andi M
Reviewed 4 October 2019 via mobile

I was amazed by the luxurious room, huge balcony, cozy sofa snd bed. What really striked me is I could see and hear the roaring of the Indian Ocean.

The hotel menu was superb- from balinese authentic cuisine to Italian pizza, it was ezquisite.

It would be one of the best place for people who want to get away from urban life. Never ever I will regret the stays, rather I have completed one bucket list.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 9 August 2019

We arrived at Ulu Segara 3 weeks ago and straight away we knew it wasn't the place for us.

The resort is a ghost town with zero atmosphere.

As soon as we walked into our Suite my son was electrocuted, my daughter ran over to see if he was ok, then she got electrocuted!

Soon after that my 3 year old son let himself onto the balcony, the barriers were so wide my husband could have fit through! This is very unsafe, considering you're on a cliff top!

Within 24 hours we requested a refund, they agreed and we left immediately.

They assured us our credit card would be refunded within 7 days. It's now been over 3 weeks and not only have we not beem refunded but they haven't replied to any of my emails.

Date of stay: July 2019
5  Thank kymt84
Ulusegara V, Director of Sales at Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear Kim,

Greeting from Ulu Segara Luxury Suites & Villas,

We thank you very much for your comment, we are really sorry for making your holidays bad. We have brought your complaint to our management attention for further action. and we have fixed the standing lamp in the room which was electrocuted your daughter.

Re. the refund of your money from the credit card, our accounting has informed the Bank to process it as soon as possible. However, this is the Bank policy you have to wait 3 - 4 weeks. we will double check to our accounting, hope the Bank has processed it.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and look forward to welcoming you at our lovely resort on your return trip to Bali. please contact our sales team of course a special rate would be offered to you.

Reviewed 14 June 2019 via mobile

Stayed at the Ulu Segara with my husband at the end of our Bali trip. Firstly, the place was down quite a remote road which was fine. Once we arrived the check-in was smooth and the staff were very accommodating. The room was beautiful and big with a nice view, had all amenities we could need. Only strange thing is the room had a wee bit of a damp smell and would produce condensation every time we opened the door to the balcony.
The reason we probably wouldn’t come back to the hotel is the lack of atmosphere in the main areas. The pool has a stunning view however the swim up pool bar was not staffed, the beach bar was empty and had one staff member which didn’t acknowledge me when I walked past. The restaurant was quite small and had several smokers inside. There was nobody manning the tour booking desk so I didn’t bother trying to organise any tours. The lounge bar which was meant to be open until 10 was closed. Also the shuttle to Nusa Dua only goes 3 times per day. Overall, beautiful hotel and good if you want to feel really secluded. However, if you prefer more atmosphere a bigger hotel may be better.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

I stayed a couple of nights with my wife at Ulu Segara. Overwhelming views of the ocean. I would love to rate this hotel better but there are several things they should improve:

Check-in
Very good, welcoming and professional. Really nice receptionist.

Room
Massive in size and wonderful views. However, the furniture is a bit aged and some stuff even broken and / or with cracks. Mattress too soft. Amenities ok, bathroom in general quite ok.

Breakfast
Terrible! When you stay at a 5 stars hotel and you pay this price, you expect a faaaar much better breakfast. Too basic, some food tasteless, not many options... Note: the total number of guests having breakfast were 4 the first day and 2 (just the two of us) the second day.

Facilities
Very nice pool with great ocean views, gym very basic but I didn't get to use it, nice chill-out bar...

Staff
Great, very helpful and responsive.

Overall, good hotel but it has to improve the furniture, environment and breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019