“Very queit atmosphere”

VOUK Hotel & Suites
Ranked #38 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Like the sound of pool water splashing, its a romantic hotel with a bathtub and good view in a balcon. like the atmophere the hotel. good breakfast and service. but Im little bit dissapointed with cleanliness of the floor

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I had very Bad experience at this hotel, when my big group of family stayed at this hotel. The service from check in to check out very disappointing. especially the marketing doesn't help at all. I don't recommend this hotel for group or family, because not only the management was very bad, but also the sanitary of the room.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie I
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I checked with my local travel agent about the price for a room and when she told me how much, I asked how many stars are they and she answered, “they claimed to be five.” I visited their website and indeed, their tagline was “Experience affordable 5-stars…”
Now I’m excited…
The day came and I think a trainee was handling our check-in process because the lady and the gentleman behind the desk was whispering (loud enough for me to hear) to remind her to read me the terms and conditions. She took a glance at them and complied. To me this was a little entertaining as I felt like being a teacher in a practical test.
My son shrieked in delight upon seeing the pool, stretched all the way from the bar’s front step to the Restaurant at another corner. A few points of ‘waterfall’ in the middle, giving some fun accent on it.
Until this moment as I wrote this entry months later, I’m still dumbfounded. How they define “Five Stars”. Like, are you serious? For real?

- Carpet-less room (okay, some $1000-a-night’s resort in the Bahamas might even apply wood for its floor. You can argue about this one)
- A terrace that looked very much unfinished, due to the cracks, holes and plaster-less floor (okay, it could be the design but even if that would be their reason, they might want to consider on firing the designer)
- Loose parts of the curtain from the hooks so they sagged on each end, therefore unable to be closed properly. Also means that we can never experience darkness unless it was night time.
- Pool seemed to be inviting so we brought our boy to swim in the morning but I had to say that once I took a dip with a closer look, I just realized not only it was unclean, the water was also murky. Well, you might blame falling leaves or bugs but shouldn’t it be cleaned regularly and spending some amount to purchase chemical substances to clear the water? Within 5 minutes I took my boy off the water…

And then this would be the most gross of all the filthiest things you could ever found in a FIVE-starred hotel room:

- MOLDY LAMP. I turned this side of the lamp to have a picture taken because before, I was trying to apply my make up at this mirror (since it was hard for me to reach the one in the bathroom) and my eyes caught some black dots on the reflection like thousands of ants. So I came closer to check it out and with much bravery (i would have jumped out and yelped), I turned it around and this was what I found.. I doubted that the housekeeper was not aware of this because: If he was not aware, why would it be facing away like it was deliberately hidden? Let’s say in his defense, he insisted of not knowing of it, it would be the next intimidating question I’d ask my staff: “Are you doing your job according to SOP and checking the room thoroughly or not?” So whether he knew about it or not, this would still be the one of the worst faults a housekeeper could ever made

Do NOT ever opened the wardrobe. I could not take pictures to find the source of the smell because it took just split seconds for me to open the doors and felt nauseous, almost puked thanks to the foul odor, might be caused by wet/moist wood.

Breakfast was so-so. Nothing special, other than their Nasi Jinggo that was freshly made and delicious. Live cooking was not so bad either. These two would be the only consolation during my stay. However I would still be very strongly disagree to say that this hotel is a five-starred. I don’t think it was even closer to being 4 stars. Then the price becomes too high for a 3-and-a-half stars property. I genuinely believe that their tagline is too far from reality and they should point out their strength like “an affordable place at the best location” sounds more sincere and closer to reality.

To complete all? I chose one poor in cleanliness on their high tech guest comment on iPad as I checked out. Next day I receive template email of apologise and promise to change. I replied, asking how they know my problem specifically but oh well. They did not reply my email up to today. My loss? Definitely not.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank lsylviano
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Im stayin in this hotel for 2 days, and it was nice to stayin in this hotel. The room is so spacy, and very clean. Staff and service quiet good, but the main concern is the parking lot, at that time the hotel got a full parking lot and i need to park my car outside the hotel.

Overall : 8 of 10 for Vouk Hotel

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

We had lunch among friends. It's a spacious dining room. Service is good and the quality of food is exceptional. Salted egg fried rice was d*mn good!!
We had 6-7 courses of menu, quality was good and the portion were quite generous also.
Ambiance is pretty modern chinese restaurant. Hip design.
They have even a smoking room inside. So smokers don't have to go outside.
We would highly recommend this restaurant for a casual lunch or formal dinner.
You will not disappointed.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1.6 km away
Hotel Santika Siligita Nusa Dua
0.6 km away
Swiss-Belhotel Segara Resort & Spa

Been to VOUK Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!