“Beautifully constructed; great food”

Awarta Nusa Dua Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Awarta is a small, boutique property located amidst the high-end Nusa Dua area. The decor, design, and lush vegetation is among the finest I have seen and is evident when you first enter the lobby.

The one-BR villa is VERY spacious with high ceilings, an office area, huge closet, walkway to bathrooms, extra large tub, and both indoor and outdoor showers. The in-villa pool is the largest we have seen while in Bali and comes with a covered gazebo with seating, lounging, and a mini-bar area. Bed is king size and comfortable -- there are several options provided for pillows.

Service: All staff is very courteous and will know you by name and learn your preferences quickly. Butlers are available 24 hours, and turn-down service includes nightly cakes (yum!). There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the beach or shopping destinations nearby. Extended trips are provided at $36 for 3 hours + $12/additional hour, which is on the pricier end. Our stay here was extended due to the volcano eruption and staff was accomodating and provided a discounted rate.

Spa: The 60-min Balinese massage was very well worth it. Spa decor is very soothing and includes tea.

Food: Mini-bar is complimentary and stocked every day. It includes your basic sodas, water, and beer. Breakfast is included (American, Asian, Indonesian, and Continental styles). There are two dining options on the property including a fine Chinese restaurant. Food has been great all-around and can be personalized as requested.

Other/Tips: Wi-Fi speed is great throughout the property. Be sure to use the insect repellant lotion provided; there are lots of mosquitos. This property isn't located on the beach but is a short drive from it. The environment can be a bit sterile for those wanting more immersion into Balinese culture. If you visit during off-season, you might think you have the entire property to yourself as there is very little visibility to other guests.

Overall, would highly recommend for spacious and luxurious living with privacy if you don't mind spending the extra money.

Stayed: November 2017

Reviewed 16 November 2017

It was such a marvelous property in Nusa Dua with a very quite ambience, close to the aiport it will only take 10 minutes. Fantastic service from the staff and also the owner of the hotel, i had my wedding in this property and will recommend other couples to try this place.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We spent 10 days in this extremely relaxed and very nice environment. All was very well organized. Wonderful facilities, SPA, gym, etc. Service was very, very good. Our daughter received so much attention from the friendly personnel. It can be warmly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Just returned from my fourth visit to Awarta Villas and am already looking forward to the next. I discovered the property in 2014 after countless hours of research on great long weekends to tack on to business trips to Singapore. The first two visits I travelled solo, the third visit with two colleagues from the region (who rented a 2BR villa), and this visit for a full 8 days with my partner and 3 friends from back in the States who've heard me rave about "this amazing place I know in Bali."

On this visit I also learned Awarta won best boutique resort in Southeast Asia from Travel News in 2015 - which is certainly not a surprise. It's incredible!

PROXIMITY TO AIRPORT & TRANSFER
Despite the terrible traffic in Bali (it's infamous!), reaching the property from DPS is easy thanks to a toll-bridge that connects the airport to Nusa Dua, with its abundance of high end resorts. It took about 20 minutes. I always request a car from the resort, and they always pick me up with a clear sign, printed not hand-written. The Awarta service is impeccable and it starts at the airport. There's a small fee for this - about 25 USD.

CHECK IN
Here's your first real taste of the service and pampering that's to come over your stay. The process is a breeze given they know your arrival; you're presented with a cold towel for refreshing and a welcome drink while you complete the nominal paperwork. Then your butler will show you to your villa, handling your luggage for you, of course. You'll then receive a foot scrub and massage and be shown the ins and out of your villa.

THE VILLAS
I've now stayed in four of the 15 different villas and have seen all the others thanks to friends/colleagues I've been traveling with or friends met on-property. They are all stunning. They all have their own private pool with waterfall, giant comfy king beds, a huge soaking bathtub (easily fitting two), enormous bathrooms with indoor AND outdoor showers. Some of the villas have the bathtub outside. Some have indoor living rooms, and some outdoor living rooms. I happen to prefer the outdoor living rooms, especially given the sheer size of the indoor space the villa already has. Some villas also have exterior daybeds, which I particularly like. I got the sense the daybed villas are premium rooms, but I'm pretty sure they give them to me anyway as a repeat visitor. They provide all the amenities you would want, and maybe some you didn't know you needed; the bottle of lotion mosquito repellent is a very nice touch.

THE SERVICE
As I said before, it's impeccable. From the get-go, each of the staff with whom you interact will know you by name. "Good morning, Mister Dan," "Would you like us to make up your room while you have breakfast, Mister Dan?" It's truly world-class treatment all the way. One example from this trip: We had booked a visit to the Elephant Safari Park & Lodge, which is a rescue and conservation park in Ubud, and needed to be picked up at 5:45am for the swim with and bathe Elephant adventure we had booked. The kitchen staff, which does work 24/7 with a sizable late night menu, took our breakfast order the night before and had our breakfast boxed and waiting for us to take on the trip. As it turns out, breakfast was part of the adventure we booked, but it was that kind of personal care and attention. A+.

In particular I want to give a shout out to Eric, Amita, Yasa, Ari, Dewi, and Gita, along with the staff of Ru Yi, the Chinese restaurant, and the Thevana Spa. Housekeeping was amazing and virtually out of sight, our I would thank them by name as well. You feel a genuinely sense of sadness when you leave based on connections you'll make with this outstanding staff.

THE FOOD
Breakfast is served at the main restaurant, Long Table, which is huge and will feel very exclusive even if other guests are eating. Guests dine at their leisure and the restaurant could seat all guests at once even at capacity, so it feels like a private restaurant. Breakfast was where we made friends with another set of guests, spending hours at the table refilling guava juice and fresh coconuts. Wide selection of food, highlights from Bali and the region, as well as choices familiar to any region. The eggs benefict with smoked salmon and the congee with century egg were among my favorites.

Lunch and dinner are also served at Long Table, with the same menu. All delicious, appealing to any palate while offering a lot of authentic regional options.

Ru Yi is the Chinese restaurant open only for dinner, and it is hands-down one of the best Chinese restaurants I've eaten at, and I've been to China many times. Personal favorites are the Chicken with dried chilies, the black pepper beef, and the glutinous balls with ginger broth desert. The service here is impeccable, going out of their way to ensure our friend who can't eat gluten was covered.

THE SPA
The spa is incredible. The staff is attentive and talented, and it turns out, experienced from all over the world. I had therapists who had worked in resorts in Dubai, Paris, and others, but all were Balinese, and can give a true Balinese massage (I personally prefer the hot stone massage). If you want to use the steam room or sauna, you need to alert them beforehand. This is such an exclusive resort, it would be wasteful to leave them on full-time. I have never seen another guest in the spa at the same time as me unless they were friends who came with me. world class spa.

THE LOCATION
Nusa Dua beach is where the luxury properties are when people want to have a relaxing, beach-centered vacation. OR where you stay if you want some of your vacation to be on the beach, given Bali traffic, many frequent travelers to the island stay in different parts for a few days. Our Elephant trip, for example, was two hours each way to Ubud from Nusa Dua. Nevertheless, this is the area with the luxury beach hotels: the St Regis, the Conrad, the Westin, etc.) It is a well-guarded area of the island because of this, and I always feel safe walking across the street to the beach. The resort is about a quarter-mile walk across the street from the beach, which is all public access - though to use a lounge chair or order a drink, you'll need to be a guest of one of those hotels. We found the Clud Med has day-passes. Another option is the Awarta staff will drive you free of charge to a beach club called Taman Bhagawan, about 5 minutes north, which is a stunning property with an infinity pool just off the beach and a restaurant with incredible Balinese and Western food options. This is where I like to go when I am having a beach day. Of course, with your own pool in your villa, you may never go to the beach.

THE GROUNDS
Gotta give a shout out to the crew that work tirelessly to maintain the grounds. Each of the villas are surrounded by high walls for maximum privacy, but they do an excellent job of hiding the walls with tropical foliage that truly makes the outdoor hallway an experience of it's own. The guys on this crew are super nice, always pausing their work to offer a greeting.

THE GYM
For a resort with only 15 villas, I am shocked at how well-equipped the gym is. My friends and I regularly work out, and there is tons of equipment. I don't just mean cardio (of which they have bikes, elliptical, and treadmill) but legit weight machines, free weights, and even a smith machine. you can have complete workouts here.

I will definitely be back to Awarta, tacking a day or two off and a weekend to every business trip that takes me to Singapore.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, some options you might like but aren't on all are outdoor bathtubs, outdoor...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Awarta for two nights at the end of September!
On arrival the entrance and grounds are so lovely and tranquil!
The villa was lovely and ours had the sun for most of the day!
Could here a little bit of noise from the road but you soon switch off from it to the lovely sound of the waterfall in the pool!

The staff were so friendly and helpful and with staying here you do get a butler who can bring you more stuff from the mini bar which consists of sofa drinks,beer, small tub of Pringles and a kit Kat,they can also bring ice if needed and help with arranging trips if needed.

We ate at the Chinese restaurant on site the first night and the food was delicious,cooked to perfection. It was around 7 and just the two of us in there for the whole time we were there!

We had breakfast included with our stay and the choices are great! Definitely something for everyone! The pastries and jams were yummy! Fruit platter could be improved as it was just mango,watermelon and pineapple...Boyfriend had eggs benedict and he said they were the best he had ever had! Food was fab!

I think if the price had been cheaper we would of stayed longer! It is luxury,great size villa and pool area, its private and peaceful. The staff are great! I'm not sure how many villas were on site but we only saw one other couple at breakfast one morning and that was it! Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves.

Would definitely recommend! :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple