3,840 results
All reviews butler service arwana restaurant kulkul bar cornerstone deli kul kul bar a lagoon view room our honeymoon lagoon access beach front access room sun loungers welcome drink real bali shopping centre beach bar nice beach low tide
Reviewed 23 August 2008

Bali, well i never thought i would ever return. Boy, i was proven wrong. From the moment we touched down we both thought we were royalty. The smile on the Balinese people is worth gold medals all around. If i were a millionaire they would all be coming to my home and treated to the 5 star treatments that we received. Anyway enough of that talk till later on.

To David and the team, although we never got to meet you personally the professionalism of the team reflected on how well a resort of this calibre should cruise. A personal greeting, escorted to room 115 lagoon access i should say, the only way to go, but if you can't get one of these rooms you will not be disappointed, as we met people who were staying in staying in garden view rooms who were just as impressed.

Coffee and chocolates arrived in minutes of request from our butler Tom and the white chocolates were divine.

Popping open a bottle of French bubbly started day one of our 5 night stay in paradise as the sign at the entrance of the resort says.
The waters of the lagoon got the better of me so in i go. Sun beaming down, 30 degrees how could one resist.

5 nights could easily i wish turn into 5 years. Would you like a drink from the bar sir, Bintang thankyou, make that two please, remembering i was not alone by the gentle nudge from my wife.

Pizza followed, i thought of the waist line but who cares after all you are in paradise and if you are really care the fitness centre will more than accommodate your every need. But i needed to save room for the excellent cuisine the resort has on offer. Mee Goreng was on the cards there were no second thoughts and with views of the ocean a white wine in hand what more can one say.

Waking the next day, was omelettes or cereal on the menu for breakfast, it really didn't matter as everything was there even a continental breakfast bar for those on the move, Cafe Lagoon will please every connoisseur. By the way Putra is a great host it is like you have known him for years. Save room for lunch, don't get too carried away.

Afternoon tea at Mayang Sari is a must, sampling pastries and cuisine the restaurant has on offer is the best way to go.

By now it was time to get back to the pool for a little gentle exercise meaning pool volleyball, one has to do something. It was southern hemisphere v northern and for someone of the 40 club i led the southern to a great victory. Well done.

Not forgetting my room and pool access we head back their but not before a challenge of another game and time for tomorrows rematch.
With huge beds and LCD screen and DVD player on call you can get very comfortable but you do want to enjoy what this resort has on offer so it’s back to the pool i go and to capture the sun i came in search of and the tan i got who needs a solarium.

The amenities in the bathrooms are fantastic catering for your every need. I thought i had the best shower in town but i know now i only get the silver medal. With a big bath and bath salts you could lay there forever not forgetting a glass or two of bubbly.

Slippers, bathrobes everything you could want is there.
The Laguna Resort and Spa is there to please and you cannot go wrong. Don't forget to get a massage by the beach, you are in heaven even if you are ticklish like me, an hour is well worth the laugh.

The ladies and gentlemen at reception and concierge are the best with any of our requests met there and then. It was sad to see people checking out and returning home knowing that our turn was soon to come, but hey we all know that just around the corner we will return.

So David, thank you very much to your self and the team for making our stay a very memorable experience. I will be telling friends and colleagues of your resort so that they can share the same experience as we did. We can only wish we were their today. To all the guests that are with you today, Enjoy. Look forward to meeting you in the not to distant future.

Regards,

Dean Potaka

cc David Cuddon
The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua Bali

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5StarPerth
Reviewed 22 August 2008

If only the whole world was as serene and utopian as the Laguna Resort and Spa...take me back to the blue lagoon with gentle franjipani breezes and technicolor bouganvillias.
Always service with a smile, performed above and beyond the call of duty. Fragrant, spacious garden of Eden. Food prepared with loving consideration for fussy vegetarians like us. Staff always ready to return our babies blown kisses. Really only regret about this paradise was having to leave after a glorious week. But we'll be back next chance the Gods grace us with such a magical holiday.
To all the staff, squirrels and nature devas there- Aum Swasti Astu, Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank caroline037
Reviewed 20 August 2008

overall beautiful hotel, 99% renovated, large pools, elegant decoration, average tastes in the restaurants, lacking of evening entertainment. the room was very dissapointing.it wasn't as spacious as in other asian 5 star hotels we have been to and especially the bathroom was small and partially renovated. only the first day brought us complimentary fruits and no more for the other days. no orchids in the pillows or decorative towels in the rooms(very common and nice touch in asian 5 star hotels) or a chocolate for good night. the beach was nice but hard to find a sunbed.
in general it was a nice hotel but next time to bali perhaps we will try something different.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexios R
melipan, The Laguna, David Cuddon, General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2008

Dear Ms. Telis,

Warm greetings from Bali and The Laguna Resort & Spa!

Many thanks for taking time to provide onlide feedback on your recent stay with us. This feedback is invaluable to us in our guest to provide consistently exceptional experience to all our guests.

I have shared your feedback with my team for our immediate review and improvement is made forwith.

Once again, thank you and we do hpe to welcoming you back to The Laguna Resort & Spa in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 August 2008

Nice hotel in general, well located and well maintained.

Stayed in a nice superior room, with separate shower, spacious and well furbished. Had a chance to see the standard room, not that nice, oldish bathroom (although they say they have just refurbished the rooms). If you plan to stay at the Laguna, treat yourself to the larger room, it is worth the money.

Service is good, the concierge team will arrange any kind of reservations and day-trips for you.

Breakfast by the pool is very good and pleasant. We have not tried the other hotel restaurants as there are many places to have dinner at nearby (much cheaper than the hotel restaurants). There is the Bali Collection with many stores and restaurants at a 5-minute walk.

A tip: do not use the hotel airport transfer, it costs 23$ per car whereas the normal taxi costs about 6-8$.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Sophie_Spain
thelaguna, David Cuddon - General Manager at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2008

Dear Ms. Sophie

I thank you personally for taking some of your precious time to write a review about The Laguna on this wonderful website.

I am glad to learn that your recent experience with us was enriching and distinctive and value your opinion of our bathroom in deluxe rooms.

We are in our ongoing effort to improve our service and facilities and such feedback will enable us to better perform in the future.

I hope to welcome you back to The Laguna in the not too distant future!

Warmest regards from Paradise

The Laguna Resort & Spa

Reviewed 17 August 2008

After a very disappointing stay at the Phuket Laguna Resort, I was hesitant about staying at the Laguna Resort and Spa in Bali.

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, it seemed like it would be fine. It turns out, the hotel was excellent and the stay was fantastic. It far exceeded my expectations. I am a Starwood Platinum member and was able to secure a upgrade to an Executive Suite, which included a living room with 42" flat panel TV and DVD, dining area with mini bar and separate large bedroom (also with TV and DVD),marble bath with separate soaking tub and shower and outdoor patio with teak furniture.
I think that the rooms have been recently renovated.

Upon arrival, you are treated to a refreshing iced tea and escorted to your room. Fresh fruit is provided in the room daily and I also received a Welcome plate of chocolate truffles and chocolate covered strawberries . There were fresh flowers in the room and they were changed during my stay. Bath amenties were L'Occitane brand and refilled daily. Electrical adapters and voltage converter are provided, also your choice of daily newspaper. Robe and slippers await you too. The bed was better than the Westin Heavenly bed and the linens were the best I've had in a Starwood property!

The 24 hour butler service is awesome. Every morning, I had fresh coffee with yummy cookies. In the evening, hot tea, again with the cookies, complimentary. They will press three pieces upon arrival, also at no charge. Laundry service and shoe shine is available.

DVD movies are available in the Business Center at no charge. In the Mayang Suri restaurant lounge has a library with books and magazines. This is also where they have daily Afternoon Tea at 3 pm (also no charge). Tea or coffee is served with a variety of at least three desserts daily, and the entertainment, such as fashion show, music or performers is a nice treat.

The jacuzzi, plunge pool and the dry sauna in the Spa is available for all guests to use, again at no charge. It is located near the Fitness Center.

With my Platinium membership, I had 15 minutes free Internet service, which is not alot. Beware the per minute charge is high and an Internet cafe is a better bet, if you have to be on the computer for long.

The security is very high and all the hotels have secure gates and Laguna Resort also had guards patrolling the public beach walkway that ran thru the resort.

The pool and beach lounge chairs do go fast and most people go down early to reserve their chairs by putting their towels down, then go off to breakfast. The back lagoon is less populated, if that's your desire.

The general manager, David, is seen daily, walking the property and greeting guests, insuring everyone is happy and taken care of. All the staff was friendly and willing to do whatever.I had a mosquito bite my lip at 3 am and it swelled up. The front desk called the nurse who brought me some cream immediately!

The less expensive Cafe Lagoon has a beautiful breakfast buffet and it is quite crowded ( I think alot of the rooms have the breakfast included). The cost is 150,000 RP, if you have to pay.

The beach is not for snorkling, unlike the beach at the Westin Ka'anapali Resort in Maui where I was recently. This was disappointing and it is quite strange how the tide goes out so far, in a short period of time. August is the perfect time of year to go, as it is not too hot and I did not experience any rain.

The grounds are immaculate and so is the pool. Almost as soon as a leaf drops, there is someone coming by to pick it up or remove it from the pool. They also have a crew, who are constantly cleaning the beach for seaweed and debris. The gardeners are on site every day to water, trim, and manicure the lush grounds and flowers everywhere.

Nearly everything is perfect, but at check-out the clerk did not return my credit card and I discovered it at the airport. They immediately sent out a driver to deliver it. Be assured, whatever may go wrong, the Laguna will make every effort to resolve.

Overall, the stay at Laguna Resort was amazing and the service and amenties were outstanding. It is worth the cost, as you get tons of services and amenities at no charge.

I met a couple at the pool, who originally booked the Westin and were so disappointed they changed to Laguna after one night, they had a non refundable booking at Westin and still had to pay.

I would recommend that you hire a car/driver to get around and for your airport tranfer. I was so happy with my driver, Dewamarco ( whom I found on Trip Advisor). He was quick to respond to my email inquiry on availability and price. His service was outstanding and I now consider him a good friend. I looked forward to the days I had hired him.

His price was very fair and my arrival at the airport was delayed due to Customs and he waited for me for a couple of hours.
He is very knowledgeable on all aspects of Bali, including hotels, restaurants, shopping, sites, culture, etc. His english is excellent and he is prompt and courteous.

Contact Dewamarco via email at dewamarco@hotmail.com or go to www.dewamarco-tour.blogspot.com. His cell phone number is [--].

My Starwood Platinum concierge, Alberto Teixeira can help you with any reservations and needs you may have. He is great when it comes to trying to getting you an upgrade or promotion.

You can contact him via email at alberto.teixeira@starwoodhotels.com or call [--] and ask for Alberto. His hours are 3pm- 12 midnight PST, Mon- Fri. He's my friend, so let him know that you were recommended by me.

The Bumbu Bali restaurant in the Nusa Dua area is great and they will come and pick you up from the hotel. The prices are low and this is real Indonesian food. Be sure to make a reservation regardless. Many were turned away when I was there.

The Bali Collection shopping center, within walking distance has restaurants, shops and a supermarket for snacks and drinks.
There is a Starbucks there, for those that cant go without.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
8  Thank SusieJue
thelaguna, General Manager - David Cuddon at The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2008

Dear Ms. Jue

Greetings from Bali and The Laguna!

I do appreciate you taking the time to write such a complimentary note towards our Resort and associates. It is a tremendous help for us to know how our guests perceive our services and where we have to focus on improvement to remain an exclusive resort.

Ms. Jue, on the behalf of The Laguna family, I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bali and the Laguna in the future.

Exceptionally yours