When Perry Como sang of 'Bali High' way back in 1949, he could have easily taken his inspiration form; "The Laguna Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua. The whitewashed resort with its open air reception pagoda makes you feel as if you are stepping into a postcard the moment you alight from your transport.
As you approach the reception desk you are gently guided to a comfortable seat in the lobby where a complementary iced-tea and cooling towel is offered-both are extremely welcome. To Para-phrase Robin Williams in 'Good Morning Vietnam,' Bali is hot. How hot? Dam Hot.
And in the months Oct to December, its at its most brutal. Check in is friendly and efficient, as is everything else in the resort. After the formalities you are escorted to your room where some serious relaxing can begin.
I was there on business and had a one bed room suite. I was taken through its functions by my butler. The room had a lovely cream texture. Tastefully furnished in I presume local timbers, the room is light and airy, clean and well maintained. The shower is large and hot, the beds cool and comfortable.
And speaking of water, that's the one thing you are not short of. As the name "Resort & Spa" would suggest, I doubt if there is any room on the property more than a couple of feet from the waters edge, beit pool or ocean.
Only being there one night, I didn't have time to fully indulge in water pursuits- but lets say everyone else looked to be having a really good time. The resort is laid out in a way that its very difficult to tell how many people are actually staying there. There is a great feeling of space and privacy- something not always in great supply in Bali.
I did eat both breakfast, lunch and dinner at the resort. All were fantastic. Just one point. Both restaurants open at the same time 7am. Given that work is the last thing on the minds of the majority of guests then the opening time isn't an issue. If you have an early morning meeting might I suggest that one restaurant perhaps open a bit earlier. Because once you leave the clam gated- community of Nusa Dua. Bali traffic is a nightmare.
The Balinese are extremely hospitable and all the staff exemplify this trait. Everyone makes eye contact with you and says hello or how your enjoying your stay et al. In short, they acknowledge your existence and in the main seem to be pretty pleased that you do exist.
If you can drag yourself away from the resort, then you will most likely find yourself in Kuta. This is only my private opinion- I can't think of a single redeeming feature that would recommend the place. If the resort is cool and calming. Kuta is close and repressive. It tightly packed streets heaving with humid soaked humanity ( who all seem to be riding scooters) the din of which bores into your very soul makes you hunger to get away.
When you feel like this ( and you will eventually) just jump in a cab and listen for the faint croon of Perry Como to guide you home!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Nusa Dua resort area, on Bali's most beautiful beach, the Laguna Resort & Spa boast panoramic view of Indian Ocean. The 257 guest rooms and 19 suites combine modern Balinese style with evocative tropical garden or lagoon views, the resort’s unique Lagoon Access Rooms allow you to step from your private balcony directly into crystal-clear lagoon waters while the 11 pool villas feature expansive private pools. Enjoy our seven swimmable lagoons, the first swimmable lagoon in the world, stretching over 5,000-square-metres though the resort. The Lagoon Spa promises unforgettable activities while our 24-hour Butler Service ensures a matchless experience. The Laguna Resort & Spa offers a wide range of dining options featuring cuisines from around the world. Banyubiru featuring pan-Asian and International cuisines. Arwana, a beachfront restaurant, offers an extensive and unparalled premium coastal cuisine with fresh and live seafood as well as an oyster and sushi bar. Cornerstone features a wine room with a unique setting for private dining and a deli highlighting a sambal corner, a variety of homemade ice creams, chocolates, cakes and daily specialties from the rotisserie oven. In addition, our poolside Kul Kul Bar, Cascade Garden Lounge and Bar, and Sapphire Lagoon Bar offer signature cocktails, wine, spirits and light bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Hotel Nusa Dua
- Laguna Hotel Nusa Dua
- The Laguna Hotel
- The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Bali/Nusa Dua