“Four Hand Massage is fantatic !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rumah Spa
Ranked #8 of 56 Spas & Wellness in Nusa Dua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Rumah Spa Bali - Bali Spa and Treatment provide Indonesian style of spa treatments with blend of ancient therapeutic remedies & modern day spa rituals to be healthy,rejuvenate & well being
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Four Hand Massage is fantatic !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I had done a 4 hand massage years ago in Bandung and thought it was a good experience. But the 4 hand massage in Rumah Spa was incredible ! Each stroke of the masseurs are synchronised. It was so good my husband and I went back the next day to do the same thing !

Visited July 2012
7 Thank Acwl
rumahspabali, General Manager at Rumah Spa, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Acwl

Thank you very much for taking the time to shared your review on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to read your review that you got fantastic fourhand massage. Best regards and looking forward for your next visit

Suci hati

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highly recommended Spa in Bali”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Prompt & Tops Service
Rumah Spa is indeed deserving of its ranking as the top spa in Bali on Trip Advisor.
I emailed them at 930am on my flight, informing them of my arrival at noon, before switching my phone to flight mode. Never expect them to really be able to arrange pick up at airport. To my surprise when i arrive, the dude from Rumah Spa was holding my name amongst the others!

Staff were all polite and service is excellent. We went Rumah Spa 3 times in our 4 days Bali visit!!
Treatments i did were 4-hands massage (2hrs), warm stone (2hrs) & Thai Herb Revival (2hrs).
My husband did warm stone (2hrs), rattan (2hrs) & ear candling/accupressure (2hrs).
i highly recommend the 4 hands massage and Thai Herb Revival.

Superb. Totally relax your stiff computer-strained muscles.

They also accommodated to my requests of arranging shuttle service back to hotel and even to airport. Plus if u book online, you get 20% off. Mad great value.

It is a must-visit if you go Bali.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Ripz2601
Ripz2601

We are very pleased to read your review. Regarding our service, our staff has been well trained we kept 24hours reservation online, wherever the guest could make their online reservation anytime. We are glad that you got relaxing experience and spend your time during your stayed in Bali. Thank you very much for your review and we looking forward to see you in the future

Suci hati

Singapore
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent place for reasonably priced spa experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I had read up reviews from tripadvisor on a reccomendation for a good spa in Bali before my recent trip. It was a comparison between the top ranking spa vs other average ranking spa in tripadvisor. I am a spa goer and have visited 5star spa and also the basic ones. I must say I was very pleased with their service and massage. The entire service process was well thought through to take care of the customer experience at every touch point. Here's my 2 cents worth opinion of Rumah Spa:

Spa booking
I booked from Internet as there is a 20% discount if you book online. Their email response was prompt, within an hour.

Hotel pick-up
The driver was on time and very pleasant and friendly driver. While on the way back, he even stopped by a small eatery stall that sell nice Balinese suckling pig, when I checked with him what's good for lunch on my way back to hotel. Too bad it was almost sold out.

Reception & Pre-Spa Experience
When I reached the spa, the marketing manager Rina called up reception to speak to me and check-in with my experience with the driver, e.g. Was he on time for pick-up. I'm quite impressed by this gesture. They made an effort to ensure the guest is happy with their service right from the start.

Similar to other Balinese spa, they would invite you to choose a massage oil of your choice prior to your session. There is a list besides the massage oil that clearly specify the benefits. It makes the selection fairly easy, rather than basing on scent.

Massage and hair spa
I took up the twin girl massage package which is known to be a popular massage in Rumah Spa as well as in Bali. It's a 2.5 hour package that includes 90min massage and 60min hair spa/foot reflex. I am very particular about massage pressure and technique, and read good reviews on this. I was not disappointed. The twin girl massage was performed by 2 masseurs, hence their strokes and pace will have to be synchronised. This was rather well done, i felt very relaxed after the massage. But the technique could be improved, the girls have yet to grasp all the right pressure point to press to release muscle ache and knots. The ambience was relaxing and room setting is typical spa, ensuite with a jacuzzi pool and bathroom. When you are facing down on the bed, there is a basin of rose petals underneath which sooth your senses. Overall, it's worth a go, I would give it 7.5.

After the massage, I took the hair spa since its a popular service in Indonesia. The results was good, my hair turned out silky smooth! However, the neck support at the hair wash area should be improved, it's a metallic support hence I was feeling very uncomfortable during hair rinse each time. Most spa uses soft leather covered support.

After spa service
After the spa, I was served a cup of ginger tea which was well brewed. Within hours after my spa, I received a thank you email from Rumah Spa and requesting for my feedback.

It may not be a 5 star spa setting but service is definitely on par. For the price, I would say its value for money if you are looking for good massage and spa experience. Although I have yet to visit as many spa in Bali to comment on the price and value of service received, but to have a comparable spa experience at a good price, Rumah Spa is worth considering. If you are a Singaporean, I would say Rumah Spa is much better than FIL/ beyond beauty or comparable to GSpa except lower your expectation a little in terms of facilities.

4 Thank PinnaclesSingapore
rumahspabali, General Manager at Rumah Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Pinnacles

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to read your review that you Excellent place for reasonably priced spa experience, we give 20percent discount before government tax for online reservation and provide free transport also.

We are committed to give an excellent service for our guest, and give the promptly reply is a part of our commitment. We are continuously undergo essential training to both our receptionists and therapists to ensure we present superb quality of.

Bali Twin Girls is our best seller treatment which combined with fourhand masage is a synchronicity massage where two superbly trained therapists and combined with Foot Reflexology or Hair spa it is perfecting your therapy. Once again thank you very much and looking forwards to see you in the future

Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good service, great experience, only slightly pricey!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I are on our honeymoon in Bali and were looking for spa treatments. Went to visit Rumah Spa Bali based on tripadvisor reviews and was not disappointed!

The spa provides free transport (we were living in the Nusa Dua area) so that was certainly very helpful! We booked online in advance (based on recommendations by tripadvisor) and I would certainly advise this - there is a 20% discount for booking online!! The response from the hotel to confirm was prompt via email, even though we booked it less than 12 hours in advance!

When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. She went through our treatments and explained what was involved in them. (We went for Menu E which cost USD 68 nett.) We were then taken into a couple room (as per our request) by our therapists. Our overall impression of the spa was quite good - the facilities were clean and well looked-after, certainly did not look run-down or dingy!

Our treatment started with a footbath, this was alright, although I did not really benefit a great deal from this. We were then treated with the aromatherapy massage, which lasted 60 minutes. This was the best part of the package, definitely! Both our therapists did a good job with pressure and technique, and we were so relaxed and comfortable by the end of it!! The blended oils also helped make the experience better, with the natural fragrance.

We were then treated with the Javanese body scrub followed by the body mask. Whilst this was intensely moisturising, it was a dry scrub and we had to lay in the scrub debris after it was massaged off, until the very end of the treatment. It would have been so much better if the bedding could have been changed! Oh well.. Otherwise, it was very nice and fragrant.

Next was the facial - this was only average really. Whilst the cleansing, toning, moisturing and exfoliating experience was excellent, the therapists seemed less skilled at facial massage compared to body massage.

Finally, we were treated with a flower bath. This was very pleasant and we really enjoyed lying in a warm bath with flower petals and fragrant bubbles. It was a lovely way to end the session, and we were served warm honey ginger tea, which again, was wonderful.

All in all, we had a lovely experience. The spa is slightly more pricey than others, but for the quality, we could understand why. Definitely cheaper than spas in the 5 star hotels though!

1 Thank funkygal3
rumahspabali, General Manager at Rumah Spa, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
funkygal3

Thank you very much fore taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. It was so glad to read that Good service, great experience, only slightly pricey. We are earnest to give an excellence service to our guest, promptly reply, hospitality and cleanness is our committed.

Menu E is one of our best seller treatment, which good for you honeymooners with advantages of Indonesian beauty essential herbs to make your skin and body feels refreshed. Finished with a cup of ginger tea that add to the warmth of your honeymoon. Once again thank you very much, and looking forwards to see you in the future.

Perth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Had the 3-hour exotiq package (68 USD) on our first day in Bali. Free transport from hotel was good, staff were welcoming and friendly and rooms very clean. Unfortunately I was constantly coughed over by an obviously sick therapist who appeared very disinterested in the whole process (understandable if sick!). I ended up with a sore throat and trying to fight off a cold the rest of my holiday. The massage itself was quite nice but the constant coughing and hacking, constant too-ing and fro-ing and cleaning up and leaving the door wide open to our private room spoilt the whole experience for me.

1 Thank Trudestar
rumahspabali, General Manager at Rumah Spa, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Trudestar

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, we are happy to read that you said good pickup, friendly staff and the room was very clean. We wish to take this opportunity to clarify some issues that you raised. In regard of the sick therapists, we are earnest to give the best service for our guest, especially for the service of the therapy spa treatment to make the guest feel relax and enjoyed to do our treatment, so we will always to provide the therapists with good condition. Once again thank you very much and looking forwards to see you in the future.