Adi Dharma Hotel
Kuta Paradiso Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 105
Discovery Kartika Plaza Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 142
USD 128
Kuta Lagoon Resort & Pool Villa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 56
USD 224
USD 188
Ramayana Resort & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 102
USD 98
Hotel Kumala Pantai(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 100
USD 87
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Kuta Central Park Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 42
  • Breakfast included
Bali Dynasty Resort Hotel(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 155
USD 128
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Inna Kuta(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 116
Febri's Hotel & Spa(Kuta)(Great Value!)
USD 59
Hotwire.com
1,230 results
All reviewsthe cottageslegian streetswim up barquiet laneshort cutegg stationshort walkpoppies iifamily roomshuttle busquiet locationpool areamini martsister hotelthird floorfantastic staymoney changer
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed at Adi Dharma Hotel a couple of years back and have planned to stay here again for my next trip in June.

The room we stayed in had just been renovated and it was fantastic! We had a superior room though and our friends had booked a deluxe which was slightly older. So I cant speak for their room but I was very happy with ours.

The pool and pool bar always had the best atmosphere and was very easy to relax around. The pool was also very clean and I never witnessed any algae like another review has stated. The buffet breakfast was pretty good for a three star compared to some others I have tasted in Asia.
I dont understand some people's reviews about this hotel. I think they must be terribly fussy!! I have stayed in Bali many times, in many different resorts. Adi Dharma is one of the best I have stayed in and probably one of the cheapest.
Adi Dharma had another bar towards the resturant and the staff manning it were always super friendly and polite. They also have a pool table that is open 24/7 next to the bar that my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed.
The location is pretty much unbeatable. From the drive way you can turn one way to Kuta beach or the other to the shops of Legian.
The only downside is that, if you need to get a taxi there, there is a lot of small one way streets they have to take to get you there so it is almost quicker to walk everywhere. Or at least walk to the beach and catch a cab from there.
Best Value for Money in Kuta!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We stayed here from the 27th of March - 3rd of April at the Deluxe Room. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I rate the bathroom a 3/5 mainly because of the wear and tear. Besides that - it was also clean. Large balcony overlooking the Koi pond.

Staff were great and quick to be of assistance. Friendly and very smiley.

Location was perfect for us. Not far from Legian Street (tip: walk through Adhi Dharma Cottage, it's MUCH quicker), close to Poppies Lane, Kuta Beach (although a couple of times we jumped on the free shuttle bus as it was too hot)

The Balinese people are warm and friendly, although it can be overwhelming with the constant - pedicure, medicure, massage, hair braid, mushroom, marijuana chants but if you don't pay any attention they will leave you be.

A large Bintang should set you back 20,000 Rp but it can go higher in some places (up to 27,000 Rp) Massages usually are about 50 - 80,000 Rp for 1 hour Balinese massage and at the beach, the old ladies will do it for 100,000 Rp. We didn't mind paying the old ladies that as it was on the beach and the are quite strong with their hands and they are very amusing. Be careful because sometimes you will have other ladies either playing with your hair/feet (not really doing anything) and will ask you for money ... so be up front and let them know no thanks.

Don't worry about an adapter. Usually most hotels will provide it. If they don't you can get one on the street real cheap. Bargaining is also easier than expected.

Beware of the dogs. Loads around, it seems they have a problem with Rabies to just be careful.

Breakfast is provided daily from 7am - 10am. Nasi goreng, fried noodles, eggs how ever you want them prepared, pancakes, bacon, cornflakes, coffee/tea, salad, toast and fruits are available.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RD8211
Reviewed 28 February 2010

The hotel is in a fantastic location. Close to Jl Legian and Kuta beach, and all that Kuta is really. The service was good. The staff were very attentive, no complaints at all there. The room though, was from the 80's. We had a King Deluxe room, and still had shower over the bath. The only difference between this and the standard room was the size. The amenities are exactly the same.

The main reason to stay away from this hotel is the other guests. Bogans just isn't a strong enough word. During the 5 nights that we were there we noticed one couple from Germany and they very much kept to themselves. The rest were groups of Australian families who would be best advised to stay at home. If only for our reputation as upstanding global citizens. They were drunk, they were loud, they swore, they dive bombed into the pool (The very small pool) and they were just generally better suited to the caravan park that they normally holiday at. The only good thing that these people did by travelling to Indonesia is increasing that countries GDP by 5.2% soley through the sale of Bintang related merchandise.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Damon G
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I am CURRENTLY staying at the adi dharma on a 5 night package. Please do yourself a favour and pay a little more and stay somewhere else!!
We normally stay at the white rose, however after the learnid travel agent said they were doing renovations, we decided on the adi dharma as she said it was 'better'. Let me assure you, it's not!!

The rooms (we've stayed in 3 so far in 3 nights) due to the aircon not working, and they have all been poor. Dirty, old, poorly equipped.

There are better value hotels around kuta...

3  Thank Seano80
Reviewed 6 February 2010

I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and am pleased to say I was not disappointed. The hotel's location is perfect for exploring the Kuta area - all the attractions are within a ten minute walking distance and busy Legian Street with all the bars and clubs is a 5 minute walk by taking the short cut through the sister hotel (Adi Dharma Cottages). There's also a 24-hour minimart literally 60 seconds from the hotel so useful if you need to stock up on bottled water or snacks.

All the staff I met were very helpful and polite so I really felt at home for the ten nights I stayed there. I opted for the super deluxe room and it was definitely worth the extra cost - it was HUGE and had a living/dining space along with a four poster bed. The satellite TV was good so if you want an early night watching a movie then that's an option. The only downside was that there were refurbishments happening to a couple of rooms and the noise could get annoying, especially as they start at around 8am.

The pool is a decent size and has a swim-up bar, which was well visited during my stay. There's also a 24-hour bar and a restaurant that's open till midnight. Both are pretty good value for money and the food was very nice, offering both traditional Indonesian dishes and Western food and snacks. Adi Dharma Cottages also has a decent sized restaurant offering a wider range of Balinese dishes - seafood platter was v.nice.

A massive plus for me was the free wifi in the restaurant area, which meant I could check emails on my blackberry every morning at breakfast without having to visit an internet cafe (although there is one just opposite the minimart and much cheaper than using the hotel's computers). Buffet breakfast offers cereal, toast and mini pastries, along with an egg station where they'll make you fresh eggs any way you like. Then they also have Indonesian breakfast consisting of rice, noodles or sauteed potatoes with chicken or tuna. Bit full on for me at breakfast time but some people used it as a chance to load up before a full day. I highly recommend the pancakes.

The hotel offers tours and I booked with them for one day to see Ulawatu and Nusa Dua. I would recommend going on as many tours as you can - Elephant safari, white water rafting and Bali Zoo in particular were highlights for me. Oh, and swimming with dolphins. If the hotel can't organise something for you, try the internet cafe opposite the minimart - very helpful guys. They'll even tailor it around you, as you can get a minivan and driver for around 250,000 RP per day.

I visited the spa before I left - treatments and staff were amazing and all at such an amazing price (compared to London). You can get cheaper treatments and massages outside of the hotel but the facilities aren't anywhere near as good so don't be fooled by their low prices.

All round, this hotel is amazing value for money in my opinion and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo