1,869 results
All reviewstowel animalswaterbom parkdiscovery mallfamily roomsmaller poollarge fridgebalinese massagegreat family hotelgood sizeegg stationwalking distancemain poolsuperior roominterconnecting roomskuta squarea ground floor roombuffet breakfast
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We have just come back from 8 nights at the Febris Hotel and Spa and must admit that I was pleasantly surprised with this little gem. Usually staying at 4 or 5 star hotels we decided to stay at Febris after hearing good recommendations and deciding we couldnt justify spending 300+ a night for two separate rooms to accomodate our little family (5yrs, 2yrs, 8mths).

Upon arrival (12pm) we were greeted by security and escorted to our rooms; of which were both nice and cold...and also right next door to the back pool.

In rooms 1605 and 1606, ground floor next to back pool. Kids loved the cartoon and movie channels. They could also fall asleep and we would be able to take a dip as rooms were close enough to hear them when they cried and keep an eye on the rooms. Pool was never busy and we usually had to ourselves.

Breakfast was all that you needed to kick off your day; mushroom dishes were superb, omelettes lovely and couldnt resist a waffle every day too!! Kids loved the juices (in plastic cups), sausages, scrambled eggs and fruit.

Room service excellent and cheap!! Wasnt even worth visiting the circle k as drink prices were that competitive ($2 beers, $3 spirits/cocktails); although we did stock up on yoghurt and kids snacks..love how the fridges are empty!

Staff lovely; our little boy turned 2 and had towel animals on the bed and hanging from the bed lamps, also with a little card from the staff. Everyone also sung to him the night before his birthday as we were staying at the Mara Safari Lodge for his real bday. Just lovely!

Massages excellent. Our little girl had the princess package and had a giggle when they handed her the disposable undies; my husband and I had the balinese massage, and I also had the pedicure and the Essence of Bali package (foot reflexology and hot stone massage). Loved them all and definately helped make the trip relaxing.

Kodak shop across the road helped make money exchange easy with rate ~9650 each day; circle k next door, Il Cielo next door lovely food, green garden restuarant nice, Febris hotel restuarant served up Carbonara that all the kids ate (our 2 plus our friends 2)...such a succuss that we got it for them most nights!!

Airport transfer great, we got two large vans which was were able to fit our 2 prams, 5 suitcases and group of 9.

The only thing I would say was that the showers took a little while to heat and spurted out over the floor but this didnt effect our stay and I am sure if we let the staff know they would of ensured that the problem was rectified.

For a holiday with three little ones Febris Hotel and Spa was everything the kids needed and more.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back are quieter and close to the smaller pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Faw_Perth
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Just come back from 3 days at Febris. Lovely clean Hotel with great friendly helpful staff. Loved the towels that were folded differently everyday. Just didn't want to use them. The buffet breakfast was great with lots of choices. Hotel seems to cater really well for children. Good location for shopping and the airport. Free transfer to airport very handy.Only used this hotel for a few days due to the traffic being that bad in Bali that we have been caught up in traffic jams and nearly missed our flights so this hotel being so close to the airport solves that problem. Will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank perthgirl_7
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Second stay at this hotel.
The rooms are fantastic- clean, spacious, a heap of tv channels, hot/cold shower, clean towels, clean sheets, comfortable bed, aircon. There's great internet reception at the restaurant and you can get some in your room (however it can be temperamental). Who needs internet when you're in paradise anyway?!
Staff are always very helpful and lovely- shout out to Gun at the restaurant, as he's always up for a chat. Paulus and his team will do anything to help make your stay comfortable.
Great location- not in the party district of Kuta, but still close to everything.
I would recommend not going in rainy season (Nov- late January) as Bali is always over-crowded with Aussie bogans (I'm Aussie, and even I can't handle it), hotels, tours, restaurants etc always put up their prices, and it rains the majority of the time.
I also recommend Green Garden restaurant at Paulus' other hotel. Great food and friendly staff.
Will definitely stay at Febris next time I head over (which will hopefully be soon).

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on the ground floor level near the pool are great for location, however sometimes hypo kids run up and down the pathways which can get pretty noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Febri's is a great 3 star hotel located in South Kuta. It has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Kuta, friendly staff (although their English is not perfect), a great pool and a great in-house Spa.
I stayed with 2 girlfriends in one of the Quad rooms, which was spacious and had plenty of room for all our luggage. The room was clean and had a large bathroom with a huge bath! Again, it had plenty of space for all our toiletries! The cleaning staff were friendly & surprised us on my girlfriend's birthday by covering the bed with flowers & a towelling animal (see pic) with a note wishing her a very happy birthday. A very nice thoughtful touch.
The pool is a great size, not too big, but not too small, and has plenty of sunny & shady spots. Service is easily obtained by the bells located around the pool to save you getting up & going to the lobby to ask for menus or drinks. Pool towels are provided by the hotel.
The in-house Spa is sensational. I had a hot stone massage followed by a pedicure and was totally relaxed afterwards.
Although the staff's english is a bit poor, their smiles often make up for the language barrier. They offer a free taxi back to the airport if you book the day before you leave, and there is a friendly transport kiosk at the front of the hotel.
If I found myself in Kuta again, I'd stay here again without any hesitation.
There is some construction work going on next door, but I did not find that it disrupted my holiday in any way. The hotel was also going through some renovation at the front in the lobby, but again, it wasn't disruptive.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room if you want to have a nice overlook.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Floss747
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The febris is a little sanctuary in the hustle of kuta. We were recommended by a friend and we were very happy. Spa was amazing best massages we had in Bali. You have to try the 3 hour packages in the private spa villas. We only had breakfast at the restaurant that was nice and it's close to some great places to eat (across the road is the nicest restaurant we went to in Bali. The rooms are simple but clean and all you need. The staff are friendly and the drivers out the front are great $7 to drive us to jimbaran bay, wait while we ate and drive us home. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012