New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dewi Sri Hotel
Ranked #68 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
“Most horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here in Jan 2011, check in isn't until 2pm - but working in a hotel myself it does not take 7 hours to get a room
Cleaned and ready - making guests wait that long after flying in from Melbourne, Australia via Sydney. The reception and pool area is nice but is deceiving. My room that I stayed in was disgusting, mould in the bathroom, showerhead and old 'you know what' stains in the toilet, I couldn't go in the bathroom without thongs on. The shower curtain had mould all over it. My bed sheets also had blood stains on it. I was 21 when I went and this hotel is definitely for 18 year olds, yes I do like to party sometimes but I have respect for other guests in the hotel vicinity, as the balconies are not private we had a bunch of young teenagers laying outside our room door yelling and screaming as I was trying to nap after my flight and long wait to get a room. Eventually I went out and told the teenagers off and called front desk, nothing was rectified and the group of teenagers kept yelling and screaming. What also shocked me is that they supplied condoms in the room at a price, this instantly made me feel dirty and disgusted and I knew I needed to find another hotel and get out of this one. After telling the hotel of these issues and showing photos of the room/bathroom disgrace I got told the issue will be rectified - the next day nothing was done about it. I had family friends in another hotel and I was able to book a room there for the remainder of my stay in Bali - I checked out of dewi sri and would not be issued a refund. As soon as I got back to Melbourne I contacted my travel insurance on this matter to get my money back and with photos of the state of my room I was received a full refund. I would not recommend staying here unless you are fresh out of high school and are going with a bunch of mates for continuous partying. I have travelled all over America, Thailand, Europe, Vietnam and Australia for business and pleasure and this hotel is by far the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

It's our last day of our honeymoon and we've just left this dump after waking up covered in bed bugs and our bed covered in our own blood. The hotel was not even remotely surprised, so this obviously happens often. There seem to be nicer rooms than ours, but I'd imagine the bugs are everywhere. We've just spent the last few hours of our honeymoon researching how to kill bed bugs if they've got into our luggage and it's not easy. Avoid the headache and avoid the Dewi Sri. As other reviewers have noted, it's also full of drunk, young Australians that are far from considerate of other guests.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bwbm
Williams, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

booked this as it was a 'really' cheap package deal, a friend had stayed there years ago and said it was fine, but didn't really know what to expect especially when it's down a dark dead end street.
but suprisingly it was like a mini oaisis small but pretty garden and looked like they have been doing some renovations.
our room was in the older bit and we did have to climb up steps but that was ok rhe room was fairly basic but was clean and had what we needed. would have like a kettle but we just went and got a coffee from the breakfast and came back until we were ready to eat.
the pool was really nice drinks were good price. breakfast basic but i only have fruit and omlets where ever i stay anyway... had lunch there a couple of times and was good and tea one night.
we hired motorbike so found it good to get about but it's not far to walk to resturant places anyway.
all in all i would recomend for a basic holiday and would go again...

Room Tip: i would pay a bit more and book one of the new bungalow type rooms they looked nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hanzrobby
Drouin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great little hotel hidden down a laneway near the heart of the Nightclubs.
We were there between 5-15th March with an upgrade on the 11th that we had pre-booked.
The standard rooms are small but clean and have everything you need in them.
They moved us to a Superior room on the 11th. Room 2009. Nice room but it backs onto a busy laneway and all you can hear all night are motorbikes revving so we didn't sleep at all that night. Next morning after breakfast (which are ok but get a bit the same after a while) we went to reception and asked if we could just go back to our old standard room as it was quiet. Instead they moved us to another superior room next to the pool (room 101) and much further from the road. MUCH BETTER and thanks to the staff fro not making an issue of this for us.
Pizza in the restaurant was good for lunch one of the days we were there and I have to say the staff could not be more accomodating or pleasant.
This hotel is really cheap and I have payed a lot more to stay in much worse!
Easy access to everything. You won't be dissappointed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Take note of what you take from the mini bar as they will try to charge for things you haven't u...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank OneThreeTravel
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We found this hotel to be very overpriced. We were initially given a standard room in the old part of the complex. The room was dirty as were the towels and linen. We complained and were given a better room but still in the old building. It was an improvement but still not value for money. The staff and pool were, however, very nice

Room Tip: Insist on a room in the new section
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple