1,630 results
All reviews kuta beach riva bar rooftop pool sea view top floor pizza hut junior suite hard rock cafe star hotel opposite the beach shower room beachwalk mall special thanks late check poppies lane an upgrade location is great
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Our stay at the Kuta Beach Heritage didn’t get off to the perfect start as our driver was not able to get access to the road that the Heritage entrance was on due to Independence Day celebration preparations. This meant that we had to exit the vehicle almost 1 km from the hotel reception. As my 80 year old mother was with our party of 5 and we had all our luggage I went ahead with my suitcase to see if the hotel could assist. I arrived very hot and a bit stressed however the reception staff immediately tried to arrange assistance to collect the baggage and escort my mother and friends to the hotel. My thanks to the lovely male staff member (unfortunately I cannot remember his name) who wheeled a luggage trolley all the way to where my party waited along a crowded footpath and then dragged it back with 4 suitcases and a number of cabin bags. He continued to smile the whole time even though he must have been so hot in his full uniform.

After this walk to the hotel the cool drink and helpful reception staff was a relief. Due to my Platinum status my room was upgraded to a seaview room however there was a bit of confusion because this category of room was only a double bed. As I was travelling with a group of ladies I had booked a twin room and after some discussion which found that the original room I had booked was no longer available the reception staff organised for a roll away bed to be placed into the upgraded room. Although it was lovely to receive an upgrade I would suggest that if a twin room was booked that it should be noted that any upgrade should be of the same category – also a twin. As I was told that no higher category rooms are available in twin beds I would also suggest that a couple of higher category rooms be made able to convert to twin beds – I would imagine that not all persons who wish to have the seaview would be couples so I think that having a couple of rooms of this category with twin beds would be advantageous.

All of my group enjoyed the buffet breakfast which had a great array of options local and international with vegetarian options also. The lady who greeted us on our first morning took the time to explain the promotional breakfast offer for the sole lady who didn’t have breakfast included. Each day we were always greeted like VIPs and the staff remembered our coffee and tea options and where we liked to sit. The front rooftop restaurant staff were also always cheerful and helpful particularly when we arrived with additional friends who were staying nearby to have dinner - rearranging the tables to accommodate the large group. This rooftop restaurant is a great place to watch the sunset and have a great meal – all the meals we had during our stay were very good and at reasonable prices even before my Accor plus dining discount

The pool area was really nice however there is a bit of a shortage of lounges with umbrellas for shade – I am aware that August was a busy time however it was sometimes very difficult to get a lounge with shade unless you went up very early to the pool. Perhaps a couple more umbrellas would be beneficial for those guest who don’t want to get burnt and if guests want to sunbathe they can just not put the umbrellas up.

Whilst staying I enjoyed a few Spa treatments which were very enjoyable however the written Spa menu really doesn’t explain the treatments enough. I was disappointed with one of the packages as I believed the a pedicure would include nail polish – I was finished early and was confused as to what was meant to be included in the time allocated. At nearly every other Spa in Bali I have visited even a mini pedicure includes polish and if not it was always noted on the information about the treatment. The staff were very apologetic about the confusion and also provided a free clear nail vanish to my friend who was having a similar package due to the confusion. Perhaps the Spa menu could be amended to include a detailed description of the treatments as this would avoid any confusion and the staff wouldn’t have to try to explain each treatment and package inclusions to every guest.

All in all I enjoyed my stay as the hotel is a great location for shopping which is what our group wished to do during our stay. If you want a quiet location however this might not be the place for you. The staff are the hotels greatest asset with their smiling and happy nature. At all times the staff went above and beyond to assist particularly with our situation on arrival. And although I have mentioned a few things that could be improved I would certainly stay again at the Kuta beach heritage

Room Tip: If u want to avoid the noise of the bars in poppies lane I would request a room on the other side of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
GeneralManager-TKBH, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear CJMc63,

I thank you for staying with us and am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience with us.
Indeed our employees contribute a lot to the success of our organization and I never tell them enough.
Thank you as well to value our breakfast spread and the Riva restaurant.
We have taken note of your constructive comments and will ready to welcome you and family & friends for your next visit.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Not bad, good location in Kuta.

Wifi had problems in the room

Cant use Accor membershipcard unless u make reservation through accor (we are entitled to use it in other facilties)

No balcony room in my case

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
GeneralManager-TKBH, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Seung-Hoon S,

I thank you for staying with us.
Regretfully you experienced low Wifi reception during your stay as there was a cable issue that affected a big part of the area due probably to road work.
Indeed, points will be credited to your account if you book through Accor website.
I wish to have the pleasure to meet you personally during your next visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Very near to hrc and market. Clean rooms and swimming pool is really nice. Only issue we faced was during checkin.We book a ocean view room but they made us wait for 2 hours and then gave a room from which only tress are visible. Also they said none of their rooms had a ocean view.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anushas201
GeneralManager-TKBH, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear anusha s,

I thank you for staying with us and am glad you enjoyed your room and our roof top facilities.
As a matter of fact we have several suites facing the ocean but over the year, trees have grown up..
I regret the inconvenience and wish to welcome you back during your next visit.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

The staff at the hotel are extremely nice! Breakfast had a lot of variety . Nita from the breakfast team was great , had my coffee (exactly how I like it) ready at the table as I walked in every morning ! Room was very clean . Walking distance to shopping and main Street. Great beach view from the rooftop. Overall great value and a pleasurable stay! Thank you!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear AlanaC05,

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us.
I thank you to value our employees and am glad you enjoyed our breakfast spread.
Indeed the roof top facilities offer a stunning view of the Kuta bay.
I wish to have the pleasure to meet you during your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Great location in Kuta, at a beachfront location and there is ample food and shopping nearby.
We stayed as a family of 4 with 2 young children, courtesy of friend having a wedding here.
Rooms are well appointed, with all amenities one would expect of a hotel this standard.
Beds were very comfortable to sleep in.
Nice sink/dressing area, toilet and shower subdivided.
Had a balcony area where we could lounge around and enjoy seeing the hustle and bustle of the Kuta area.
Cons : Shower pressure was rather weak.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
GeneralManager-TKBH, General Manager at The Kuta Beach Heritage Hotel Bali - Managed by Accor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear Jun Keat C,

I thank you for your review and appreciate that you enjoyed the comfort of your room.
We took note of your comment and have corrected already.
I thank you again and wish to meet you upon your next visit.