Open today: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Review Highlights
Humble Bali Cooking Experience with Maria

It was truly a local balinese cooking experience at Maria's home. She was very welcoming and... read more

Reviewed 28 January 2020
SandraW2408
Singapore, Singapore
Fantastic authentic food class

We had such a good time with Maria, only the 2 of us, so it was intimate too. Maria took us to the... read more

Reviewed 11 January 2020
h_l_nell2015
Marseille, France

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Wow, what a wonderful day with a wonderful host. The class was hands on, informative, and oh so delicious! Maria is simply lovely, making sure we were all well looked after. The food was soooo good. A depth of flavour no sauce mix could hope to emulate. It was the most enjoyable experience of our stay. I looked at many different classes, and I am very glad I went with a local home cook. The food was better than I have had in restaurants. Support local!

Date of experience: June 2015
JBuurman, Guest Relations Manager at Maria's Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review for Maria's Cooking Class Bali.
Maria now has a Facebook page that will keep people up to date with her cooking classes prices and information.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

Maria is a great cook and guide, with good knowledge of local produce and Indonesian cuisine. We enjoyed a trip to the market, then preparing and cooking 5 dishes.
It was a very hands on, down to earth experience. Recommended for anyone that would like a truly 'local' and traditional cooking class. A really authentic adventure!

Date of experience: May 2015

Reviewed 7 March 2015

My husband and I did a cooking class with Maria a couple of years ago and absolutely loved the entire experience. She has amazing cooking talent, teaches you a lot, food is yummy and her house is very clean. We've cooked the recipes back in Aus and they turned out fabulously! We are returning to Bali this year and we will be returning to cook with Maria!

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Sian A

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I went to Maria's cooking class by myself when my husband went diving. She came and pick me up from the hotel and we went straight to her house because it was raining that morning so we weren't able to go shopping at the market. Her place was tiny but she kept it clean. She taught me how to make Nasi Goreng and a few more dishes that I couldn't remember the names lol I'd definitely recommend her to my friends if they want to try cooking class in Bali. Please please give it a try. It's so much fun :)

Date of experience: November 2014
1  Thank SunsetBldvd

Reviewed 8 January 2015

I went to Maria's cooking class with my husband and two children. (There were also another two people in the class the same day as us). We all loved experiencing traditional food in Maria's home. Even though Maria's home is small and facilities are very basic ( she keeps things very clean ) she was able to teach us to prepare and cook six meals of our choosing. They were all delicious! Maria's is a fabulous cook and a great, patient teacher explaining everything even the medicinal qualities of the different herbs and spices we were using.
Even though there where six of us in the lesson we were all able to have a go at everything and easily fit around Maria's table to both prepare and eat the food. Cooking was outside.
I would definitely recommend Maria's cooking class and if we come back to Bali would do it again.

Date of experience: January 2015