“Delicious seafood BBQ in a magical location!”
Review of New Dewata Cafe

New Dewata Cafe
Ranked #676 of 1,289 Restaurants in Kuta
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: New Dewata Cafe - Seafood Restaurant & Bar, Open Daily 10.00 Am till 11.30 PM for lunch and dinner. Table indoor and outdoor. Restaurant Serve for Grill Seafood and local cusine. New Dewata Cafe serve for Couple, Family dinner party, Group dinner Party, gathering, company outing with dinner party, Honeymooner, Wedding dinner party with seating capacities 600 outdoor and 150 indoor. With white sandy floor enjoy your dinner with sunset and having candle light dinner with Balinese dance live performance everyday.
Reviewed 19 July 2023 via mobile

What an amazing location, right on the beach! We got a delicious spread of all different seafood BBQ items, plus there was live music! Amazing!

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 25 January 2023 via mobile

We went to new dewata cafe for a sunset beach dinner cause it was recommended to us by our hotel.

It turned out to be the worst dinner experience I’ve had in years! The fish and tiger prawns where plain the lobster (langoust) where borderline dry the crab was covered in sweet sour sauce but the shell not cracked by the time you’re ready to eat you’re (figure of speech) covered in sweet sour sauce up to your elbows.

The cutlery was dirty (still food from the previous dinners on the fork). My wife ordered a sprite which when they came to pour it at the table still had brown gew on the bottom of the glass. So in one dinner we had to ask for both clean cutlery as for a clean glass.

Eventually I gave up eating because I got bored of the food and did not want to continue being disappointed. When we addressed the staff about the issues it was ignored.

Went to pay at the counter and left, without eating the dessert that was included in the menu’s price.

About the prices…
Price is twice as high as those of a GOOD quality restaurant in Bali and about four times higher than a normal diner on the same island.
I wouldn’t even go back there if they payed me for it.

I hope I helped your decision making proces.
If not I’ll summarize: go elsewhere.

Date of visit: January 2023
Reviewed 13 October 2019

Staying in Jimbaran so had to try one of the seafood cafes along the beachfront that I had read so much about.

Organised a driver through Romeo-Bali & Heron picked us up on time & recommended this cafe. It was such a delight from the time we walked in. We were greeted with smiles from the staff & shown to a table right at the front of the beach which was perfect to watch the sunset.

I chose bbq red snapper which was delicious and whilst eating we were treated to singing from a quartet.

Highly recommend this little cafe & prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

We ended up having dinner here as part of a tour package. Had I know this was the restaurant we would end up at, I would have canceled. I think we spent 20mins there.
Soup for starters... Gloop more like it, I refused to taste it as it looked like snot!!
Seafood platter with cold crab, tiny pieces of calamari on a skewer, something that looked like clams, 2 raw cold prawns, fish with steamed rice and ice cold green veg. At least the rice was decent!!
Do not waste your time or money.

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank ShireenPr
Reviewed 18 June 2019

Where do I start. We came one late afternoon for a family seafood dinner. Coming from sydney our expectations were very high. We were disgusted. We ordered a platter for 2. The lobster, fish, crab, mussels and calamari. It came with steamed rice. What an absolute joke. My husband refused to eat any of it. I tried it and it was disgusting. Not to mention we paid $150. There was hardly any seafood on the plate and it was cooked terribly. Worst dinner ever. Stay away!!

Date of visit: June 2019