New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Green Garden Hotel

Green Garden Hotel
Ranked #16 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
australia
“One of the best Budget hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We have just returned from a stay in the green garden hotel.This is the first budget hotel that we have stayed in.We wanted to book a cheap holiday and I had read the reviews which seemed good. I must say that the Hotel was excellent value for money.It is in a very convenient spot.Loved the fact that it was quiet at night for sleeping.The hotel rooms are basic but nothing more is needed.The staff were very friendly.If you are travelling to Bali for the first time .This hotel is bang across from a shop called Dianne shop.I have shopped with her for many years,She is one of the few market shops where prices are fixed and very cheap.I find that bartering with the markets can be hard work so shopping here is easy. Green garden give a decent breakfast and this is included in the price. There were 4 choices of fruit a day and toast jams etc.There were egg and bacon and indonesian foods also available. The coffee machine at breakfast made a nice coffee and I am a fussy coffee drinker. The hotel offer a free drop off to the airport and the staff very friendly ,beer was cheap enough at the bar,but there is a shop at the side that sell beer and snacks.I have rated this hotel on star value for a budget hotel.It has a warm and friendly feel.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor (it has 3 floors) and it was quiet.No noise from above.Room 28,they all hav...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank aaabbbccc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Hotel was very clean, staff extremely friendly and helpfull. The pool was always clean. The food was average, but if you want fancy food then stay at a five star. For a 2.5 star hotel it was very nice. However it was rather noisy, especially at night, we had a room on the second floor next to the stairs and it was extemelly noisy at night when other travellers were going back to their rooms at all ours of the night, also noisy early in the morning when the staff were getting on with their work. Ask for a room further to the back of the hotel but not facing the wall and well away from the stairs. A very small intimate hotel, we did like it :)

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the stairs and towards the back of the hotel, but not with a brick wall as...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

It was my first time out of Australia, my friends and I had chosen bali. I couldn't have been happier with the hotel my girlfriend had chosen, to start off with: the moment we walked into the hotel we were greeted kindly by almost all the staff.. I honestly couldn't get over how nice everyone was here.

We did however have a problem with our booking, we showed up and gave our reservation name only to find out that we were somehow booked in for a week later than our original date? That can't be right because my girlfriend is a perfectionist and something as important as this would just be impossible for her to muck up.

Not only did that strike me as a bit odd but our reservation wasn't the only one whose seemed to be tampered with, our friends room had also been dated a week later. And another couple who arrived a couple hours later had the exact same problem.

Lucky for us they had spare rooms available. After we paid for the rooms we went up, unpacked and relaxed. Our room was absolutely beautiful, Room number 34 was ours, you could almost see your reflection in the floor!

I didn't realize how hot our room was until we figured out that our air conditioner wasn't working properly, it said 16 degrees when clearly it was blowing about 35? So we beared with it and tried not to complain too much.

The pool was amazing not too big, not too small, and the perfect temperature. We laid back on the chairs next to the pool and just took everything in, listening to the waterfall feature and the exotic birds whistling in the tree close by, thinking about nothing else except the sheer beauty surrounding us. 6.pm hit us and not a moment too soon! I was ready to indulge in the foreign food.. I almost caught myself by surprise, I honestly didn't expect the food to be this magical. If your worried about getting sick then this hotel is the place to go, bold letters in the restaurant menu let me know that the food here is cooked with bottled water, the ice in our drinks are government certified tube ice and completely harmless.

We sat there in the middle of the restaurant feeling like royalty as the glowing blue pool and waterfall Lay only meters away from us, the 3 Indonesian serenaders playing ''Tears in heaven'' while I sip a smooth cocktail and indulge myself on the amazing rice with prawns and mushrooms. I felt as if I'd died and gone to heaven.. And I was loving every second.

It was time to head back up to the room and get an early night sleep... Yeh right, I forgot to mention that our balcony was facing the streets of south kuta. Good luck if you think your getting sleep! The noise from the speeding mopeds and the ear piercing beep every 3 seconds was driving me up the wall, not to mention our air con felt like a heater. The peacefulness returned at 3:30am when the traffic died, I don't remember anything after that. I woke up barely able to open my eyes, ''Matt get up its quarter to 7, we have to be down stairs at 7 for brekky''

I was not a happy camper... Although it didn't last long, if you hadn't noticed.. I like food, and the free breakfast they served was almost as good as the dinner the night before!

I would love to write more but I haven't got the time unfortunately... I recommend this hotel, however I don't recommend room 34. I'm just grateful that our friend was kind enough to share her room with us! :D

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Mattco92
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Me and my friends and family stayed at the lovely green garden hotel in february. We were impressed instantly by the friendlyness and character of the staff, we got there very early before check in time and they kindly let us into our room anyway. The rooms were very good. And we had beautifully little towel frogs to greet us. It is the perfect little spot for a hotel. A nice distance from discovery mall and if you feel like a bit of a longer walk its good to just walk to matahari's and not bother with a taxi. I have nothing but good things to say about the restaurant staff. Always friendly always interested in our day and willing to do just about anything to help you out. The only negative i had during my stay is that there was a woman who we believed was the managers wife. She sat in the resturant area most of the time and looked angry constantly. Every now and then she caught eye contact with me and she gave me a very nasty look every time. And when I asked other guests about it they thought the same thing. The day we checked out she gave us a huge smile which was like adding insult to injury. But in saying that, After going to Bali 6 times and staying at different hotels each time, me and my family have now decided that we will from now on only stay at the green garden hotel!

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank NatalieTia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I really loved this hotel. After reading many reviews on tripadvisor i hoped this hotel would be as good as everyone else said it was and i wasnt disappointed at all. We had a slight hiccup when first checking in, somewhere between me booking through asiarooms and the hotel getting the info the dates were mixed up (slightly my own fault for not properly checking the info the hotel sent me in their confirming email) but reception was really helpful and found us 3 rooms (travelled with 2 friends and my partner) we all had different views. My partner and I had a street view room which was rather noisy at night, i didnt find it a problem but he did, our air conditioner wasnt as cold as we would have liked and the shower would leak if you had the pressure too hight but other than that our room was fine. Fresh towels every morning, we even had them made into animal shapes, used the safety deposit box and no dramas. My other two friends each had a different view, one had a pool view which was to die for! And the other had a view of a wall and the contruction going on but he said they stopped work at about 6 in the evening and started about 8 in the morning. Both of their rooms had lovely cold air con. We had the buffet breakfast each morning with all sorts of different things and it was all lovely. We ate at the hotels restaurant for most meals and none of our group got sick and everyone enjoyed their meals. The spring rolls are the best! All the staff were lovely and would do anything to help. We even used their spa facilities and we all thought it was fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is after a cheap hotel with all the perks of one thats twice the price. Its close to everything and ill definitely be coming back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends