1,359 results
All reviews wharf restaurant private beach pool bar family room large pool discovery mall beautiful resort adjoining rooms egg station kids club family holiday south kuta waterbom park the ground floor an upgrade nusa dua buffet breakfast
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The room was well appointed but the bathroom was the one of the worst we have had in Bali. We had to ask for facecloth's. During the 11 days we stayed there, the bathroom floor was never washed. This I think was the cause of the dreadful smell around the toilet.
The staff were very helpful and friendly. Could not fault them.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is the quietest. Lower floors suffer from people above shifting furniture and pulling suitcases along the walkways.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

very good overall only downfall was not getting a couple of issues fixed in the rooms even though they were reported

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We spent 8 days at the Ramada Bintang on the first leg of our Bali holiday. We wish we stayed here for the entire duration of our holiday as the second half was spent in Nusa Dua which in my opinion is a life less, soul less part of Bali we will not be going back to.

Upon arrival we received a complimentary welcome drink and our check in was quick and without drama. Our room (1019) is on the ground floor and fortunately for us on the shady side of the resort. The room itself was OK. The bed was large and comfortable and the air con worked. I think it would have struggled in hotter weather though. As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are a bit outdated which doesn't really bother us, however, the toilet was actually broken and one had to be careful when sitting on it to make sure it didn't fall over. Also, there was minimal toiletries provided, which suggests we should have brought our own.

The breakfast provided although plentiful was quite average and the fact eggs are made to order meant massive queues as people waited for their eggs to be made. There was very little western food to choose from as most of the food was aimed towards Asians.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and always being cleaned. The pool is awesome, albeit quite deep in most areas and could do with a good clean as some parts of the walls were mouldy. We never had a problem getting a sun lounge, although sun umbrellas could be increased as there wasn't enough to stop people doing the usual thing of putting towels on the lounges under umbrellas then walking away never to be seen again. The pool bar is awesome and has a good atmosphere. We especially enjoyed the daily bingo.

We booked a 3 hour spa treatment which was amazing. It cost us 770,000 Rupiah (AUD $80). If you're after professional trained massage staff then the hotels spa treatment is highly recommended.

All in all we loved this resort and if management spent a bit of money fixing the bathrooms and maybe changing their breakfast menu to cater for all nationalities then the Ramada would be close to five star and we definitely would have rated it as such. The staff here are so friendly and always greeted you with a smile. We would recommend the Ramada Bintang for a great stay in Bali as it is a beautiful resort right on a great private part of Kuta beach and close to many great restaurants.

One thing to note, I recommend if you are considering changing money, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the money changer directly across the road from the resort entrance (*363# is his business). He is a scammer and will rip you off We exchanged $500 to more than 5 million Rupiah, which was a great rate. He counted the money and we then counted the money and placed it on the counter. All good 5, 075.000 Rupiah. Then he proceeded to take the money back claiming we owed him $3. When I protested and told him I owed him nothing he took his hand off the money. As I said we counted the money and it was all there. When we got back to our room, we recounted it and lo and behold there was only 4 million Rupiah. How he was so quick to take back 1 million Rupiah is beyond me but he did. I immediately went and confronted him and told him I would call the police if he didn't give me my 1 million Rupiah. Without hesitation he gave me the money. So be warned don't use this guy. Maybe use the resort's money exchange service, you will get a lower rate but you won't be ripped off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south as these rooms are in shade for most of the day
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple