1,045 results
All reviews deluxe suite close to the airport villa guests floating restaurant villa pool planes landing kids club royal villa walk along the beach beach bar the holiday inn lounge room main pool is private beach large pool breakfast was amazing south kuta
Reviewed 14 February 2010

When we booked we also had read a couple ordinary reviews and were a bit concerned. I have learnt that there is just no pleasing some people. We loved it, the location was great, out of the nightclub scene, but close enough to walk to Kuta or just a cheap taxi ride. The rooms, grounds and pool were lovely. It is a great family and couples motel, that is veery quiet. All the rooms were a fair walk from the pool, but I needed this walk to work off their yummy breakfasts.
I must complain about the food, there was so much delicious food to choose from that I didn't know which buffet area to head to first each morning.
As we walked to local restaurants each evening and brought drinks from the nearby supermarkets, we didn't even get to check the price of drinks and food at the Patra. We did have a Greek Pizza once and it only cost about $8 and was very nice.
My only real complaint is that the motels don't seem to play the anklung? anymore and the staff all say "Goodmorning" instead of Salamat Pagi. I loved walking the streets and hearing the Balinese music (although my husband disagreed) and practising my limited Bahasa Indonesia.
I am counrting the days till we can go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank LeamarAus
Reviewed 12 February 2010

Truly a beautiful hotel.

My husband and I stayed with our two boys (aged 5 and 7) and we loved every single moment. The staff were so welcoming for us and our children. The pool staff played with our children, chasing and laughing with them.

The pool is really special. Its massive but not deep (120cm) so great for the kids. It was extremely quiet when we were there so it was peaceful and relaxing.

The food seems really expensive but the meals were massive so we ended up ordering half of what we normally would and still all being satisfied. The tax is 20% though so watch out. The drinks were very expensive but happy hour ran at Kintamami Pool Bar from 4pm till 5pm (about 55,000 rupiah for a small bintang but happy hour was two for one). Then from 5 till 7 pm it was happy our at the other side of the pool and their cocktails are STRONG!!!. Woo hoo.

The deluxe suite was more than big enough for the four of us. The children shared a fold out couch and we had a king size bed in a separate room with doors that closed for privacy. We each had a tv and access to foxtel which was fabulous for the kids as it was expensive to hire a dvd player (about 100,000 rupiah per day). And the bathroom was huge. Massive bath and beautiful shower (took a few minutes to warm up). I have never seen so many complimentary things in one hotel room in my life.

The staff are really friendly. However, we like it when the staff interact with us, most of the staff seem to be very quiet. Although we did meet a few staff that we had a good laugh with and who spoke excellent English and who gave us some tips for the holiday.

The walk to Kuta is really beautiful. Its about 15 minutes down the beach track which is meticulously maintained. Its a lovely walk and the vendors are not too pushy. There are also not a lot of vendors.

The restaurants are great. However, we found much cheaper ones in Kuta (such as Bantan Waru) and further down the beach (about 10 minutes walk) is a great cheap restaurant called Pantao. But the Pizza's in the italian restaurant at the hotel are really really good (and very big, one pizza feed at least 2-3 people).

Its great fun watching the planes come and go. Only the really big 747's make much noise and even then its not too loud. We thought it was great fun watching them.

I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank penguin78
Reviewed 31 January 2010

We stayed in the Patra Bali for 9 nights in Jan 2010. It was beautiful, with excellent service. Our room was clean, staff friendly and the pools were great. Its a little walk from the Kuta Square, which is nice early morning or late afternoon. Food and drinks were expensive, remember the 20% they add on for tax. We had breakfast included in our stay which was brilliant - set us up for a great day!
Overall it was a clean, quiet place to stay and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Patra. We arrived on the 2nd Jan till the 15th. We had a great time. We were a bit nervous at staying at this hotel as no one we new had stayed their and when I read some of the reviews, I thought oh my god!!. We went back to the travel agent who reassured us. We needn't have worried. We arrived around 10pm the staff were friendly. If your looking for 5*** then stay in a different country. These hotels are 5*** according to them and it 's neat and clean enough. I thought it was good, but different people have different ideas!!! We had asked for a room near the pool, unless you are staying in the Villas you wont get too near the pool. It is a big complex but we shouldn't have worried the walk wasn't too far with all the paths cutting through the complex.
We went for a relaxing break after a full on year. It was just what we wanted and needed.
The pool was lovely, the area clean and the gardens well maintained. The room was nice and clean. The staff were friendly.
Yes it is near the airport but you dont hear much and you soon get used to it anyway. Its nice watching the planes take off especially at sunset (knowing you are staying).
It was a cheap cab ride into Kuta shopping area around $3.00 if you caught the Bluebird taxis (which I highly recommend), or you can walk up the beach to the Holiday in and out onto the main street that way. Or check out the other hotels all within walking distance and walk through their complex.
It was nice to be out of the hussel.
My only gripe worth complaining about is the cost of the drinks and food in the hotel. With their taxes it is expensive, watch your bar tab adds up quickly a few people got a bad surprise!!! Purchase outside the hotel it is cheaper, their are lots of places.
Enjoy!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank BeautyPerth
Reviewed 13 January 2010

My husband, two children and I stayed for seven nights at this resort hotel. We found the staff very friendly and efficient and the suite was very clean, comfortable and sizeable. The location of the hotel was convenient and facilities were great. The children had a great time and didn't even need to try out the Kids Club as the pools' and activies there, were enough. My husband and I stayed here twelve years ago and it has been updated nicely. We would definitely stay again. Amanda - Perth

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family