1,044 results
All reviews deluxe suite close to the airport villa guests floating restaurant villa pool planes landing kids club royal villa walk along the beach beach bar the holiday inn lounge room main pool is private beach large pool breakfast was amazing south kuta
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Patra was a very good choice of places to to stay in Bali for a family. We stayed here for 10 days. This resort has fantastic facilities. Great pool with swim up bar, but happy hour only covers cocktails and not beer. Would be better if happy hour covered beer as well. Staff were great around the resort especially the the pool area. Kids are well catered for. Especially the pool where the staff have set games for the kids. My kids loved it (aged 9 and 11). We tried a couple of restaurants in the resort was good but a little expensive. There are restuarants in close walking distance out front along path near beach which were great and good value for money kids too. Breakfast was good and had good variety. Could have better coffee in the mornings instead of just the boring perculated coffee. Would be good to get lattes or cappas as part of the breakfast. You can also walk from resort to town in 15 minutes to shopping centre. I recommend that you pay for your own transfers to the patra from the airport as it is so close from the airport by taxi. Would probably cost max $5 AUD each way. Medical centre was great as well. As my wife had a fall and needed stitches. The resort medical service was great and a doctor an nurse came to our room to stitch her up. After this she just went to the medical room each day to clean up. Cost us approx $300 but claimed on insurance no worries with report doctor provided.all in all I recommend this resort for staying in bali. We would stay here again. Great resort and pool area. Rooms were great and spacious.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Ash G
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed here on a business trip (yeah, some people just come to bali for business :). This is definitely one of the best resort hotel in Bali. I was quite amazed at first realizing how close this hotel located to the airport. But that doesn't matter.

It has a lush area filled with balinese garden. It also have it's own private beach which is comfy for casual sunbathing.

Breakfast was perfect; wide selection of locals and internationals. The service was also excellent, with speed check-in and check-out processes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank agentenzo
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed here for a night only. The hotel is very spread out and has beautiful gardens and a couple of nice pools although the nicer one is for villa guests only. The main pool was quite busy when I was here and there was heavy metal music blaring out from the pool bar. We ended wandering down to the beach for a swim. If assess is important I would definitely request something very close to reception as it was quite a walk to/ from our room. The staff do have buggies which I expect they use for some guests. We stayed in the standard room which was fairly basic. The bathroom has a shower over the bath with a window alongside the bath. Getting in and out shower was quite difficult and it you slipped you could end up through the window. I wouldn't want kids or elderly parents using the shower. All rooms seem to have a patio or balcony which was nice. Breakfast was good with a big range. Although we didn't use the restaurants they looked nice with plenty of options. If access to the airport I'd mportant this hotel is a good option however if you want to shop in kuta etc, need to use the shuttle or use taxis. Ok stay, glad I did once.

Room Tip: Something close to reception or pool. If you can afford it, get a villa for access to the better pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After a great stay in 2011 we didn't hestitate to rebook for 2012 and brought along extended family (8 adults/1child). Some things had improved in quality i.e. room service meals & air-con while other things had deteriated i.e. my sister's deluxe room had no working air-con or fridge and resolution of the issue was hard work (ended up in a long walk to back of hotel). Beware of group bookings and handing over your credit card, mine was unduly used to hold 5million rupiah, some would say this is normal (I had already authorised a hold on 2 million rupiah) and our room bill wasn't even $300. I guess it is just the little things, probably would not stop us staying again, the deluxe suites are a great size for families, the hotel isn't busy and no ugly australian present.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Gail L
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My partner and I stay 4 days at the Patra Bali in may 2012. This was not the busy season in Bali, and we got a very good price from an online booking service.this is a good hotel with a great location and magnificent facilities. The minor inefficiencies shouldn’t bother anyone with a little patience and some time to spare. I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: book online for get more discount
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends