1,036 results
All reviewsdeluxe suiteclose to the airportvilla guestsfloating restaurantvilla poolplanes landingkids clubroyal villawalk along the beachbeach barthe holiday innlounge roommain pool isprivate beachlarge poolbreakfast was amazingsouth kuta
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We booked 2 connected Deluxe rooms and stayed in this Patra Bali hotel for 3 nights. Our
group consist of my little family and our parents (4 adults, 1 child 5 y.o). For this vacation, we were looking for a calm beachfront hotel with decent clean room and lush gardens.

The hotel is directly side-to-side with airport, but we found no issues about noise during our stay. Quite far from Kuta-Legian attractions, but the service desk will help you call Blue Bird taxi when you ask, and it cost only around IDR 20,000 - 30,000 to go to central Kuta.

We arrived in the hotel around 7 pm, and had a smooth and fast check in (at the time the reception desk did not have any guests). After check in, the room boy then led us to 2 golf buggy cars that will take us and our luggage to our room. (My daughter really excited while riding the buggy car). This is a really nice service, but I think necessary, because Deluxe rooms are located quite far from the lobby (around 3-5 minutes walking). And dragging heavy luggage on foot there will be quite a struggle.
Later on during our stay we requested the service of these buggy cars several times, and
all those times the service staffs gladly helped us. (Usually when our daughter or our parents felt really exhausted to walk to the room after day trip around)

The deluxe room is clean and good enough for us, even though some face-lift will be nice. It has terrace overlooking the garden, which such a nice spot to spend coffee/tea in the morning and afternoon while reading newspaper or books.
They also provide in-room safe deposit and complete amenities including two pairs of room sandals. Bed is comfortable, and big enough to be shared by me, my wife and my little daughter. Bathroom is clean, equipped with bath tub and shower of hot and cold water. Free 2 small bottles of mineral water was available everyday as compliment. Be aware though, they also put 2 large bottles of Evian near the refrigerator. They are part of the room mini bar and of course not free.

From our room it took some time (around 3-5 minutes) to walk to the main pool, the beach or restaurant for breakfast. But it was an enjoyable walk through a beautiful lush gardens of the hotel.
Breakfast itself may not be overwhelming, but it is good enough again for us, with couple selection of local, oriental and western food.
Swimming pool is large and awesome.
Beach may not the best about cleanliness, but I saw hotel guests swim there too. My daughter spent much time playing on the beach since it was not too crowded compared to central Kuta or Legian beach. If you are lucky, during a good weather, a beautiful sunset can be spotted from the beach. Don't worry about bringing beach sand back to your room after playing on the beach, because the hotel has a rest room with shower near the beach/pool for you to clean up first after playing or strolling on the beach.

The staffs are friendly and helpful, reflecting Balinese hospitality.
In overall the hotel really fulfilled our expectation for the vacation.
If I may suggest the management, since the hotel is really close to the airport, I think free scheduled shuttles from/to airport for the guests will be greatly appreciated. (IMHO)

We would love to stay here again if they can maintain the service level and the room rate does not having a steep hike.

Room Tip: Even though Deluxe Room is good enough for me, Deluxe Suites are nearer to everything compared to Deluxe Room and of course bigger. So if you have spare budget and do not want to walk too far to everything, choose Deluxe Suites.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank yosaut
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We stayed 10 days at the patra from the 1/2/12-11/2/12 whilst on our honeymoon we booked through flight centre and we given information on their "my time" bonus's none of which we found of use or of any difference to any other hotel. The hotel iddnt aknowledge we were on our honeymoon we mentioned it in conversation when checking in and told the travel agent but none of the inclusions were offered. We stayed in a delux suite and it is a spacious room and was great considering we stayed for 10days we had more room to move, room was cleaned very well eachday although the cleaning cart was left outside our door all day everyday. We also could hear everything the suite above us was doing one night the must have decided to move all the furntiure at 10pm lovely of them !
All in all good resort shallow lagoon pool if you want to swim in peace there is a smaller less used pool toward the airport side. The airport being so close was noticable but i enjoyed sitting in the pool watching the planes take off.
Dont eat at the hotel unless you really need to there are so many places in Kuta or Legian that are only a $2-3 AU taxi ride away. Breakfast seemed to cater for the bulk of the chinese guests which was fine but it didnt leave much other than eggs and toast if you werent up for fried rice and noodles everyday.
Dont get your laundry done here i got some done as i figured im on my honeymoon so why not and for no more that 15 items it cost $45 AU OUCH !!!

I enjoyed my time here but I wouldnt book it again !

Room Tip: Delux suite if staying more than a few days and definatly ask for a room not to far from the pool.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KristyT151
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I can still remember my mother stiffening up as we turned directly left out of the airport and we realized just how CLOSE we were going to be to the airport, all I could do at that time of night was apologize and hope the resort itself was nice! We were first taken to a deluxe room right at the ends of the Resort and whilst it was ok, it was very dated and is in desperate need of another renovation! Although we had requested a twin room, we ended up in a double room. TV was old and was quite fuzzy on some channels.
We decided in the morning as lovely as the grounds were, we really wanted to be closer to town, when I spoke to guest relations though they said as we had pre-booked they wouldn't be able to give us any kind of refund. When asked what was wrong with the hotel, I said the distance to rooms was very far and with a hip condition, made travelling between reception/pool/breakfast and our room quite painful. The hotel offered to move us the following night to a suite very close to reception which was much better.
Location was still a pain... it was at least a 30 minute walk into the heart of Kuta (Kuta Art market etc) the closest shops were about a 7 minute walk away near the Holiday Inn Baruna where there were convenience stores, spas, laundry and a great little restaurant called SA Cafe.
Food and drinks were incredibly expensive. The hotel has realized they have you captive and charge Australian prices for food (which is pretty so-so) and cocktails started at about $12, during Happy Hour they went up in price from memory to about $14 for 2... breakfast was pretty ordinary, some mornings there would be 4 chefs at the egg station, other mornings there would be 1 chef trying to run the show... the selection was fairly boring and fruit would often have fruit flies all over it, when I showed it to staff, he just waved his hand over the fruit until the flies got off or touched them on the fruit (was GROSS and we didn't eat the fruit after that!!)
What saved us were the lovely Aussies we met around the pool and who we ended up exploring Bali with a lot of the time, there were definitely some Aussie bogans around, but there always are in Bali and on the whole they didn't really ruin our holiday as much as the Chinese Bogans did. We loved our upgrade but soon realized we were surrounded by 6 families/groups who all knew each other and would yell to each other from the 1st floor balconies to the ground right in front of our villa, not for 30 seconds, more like 5 minute conversations literally yelling to each other! They would also yell and pick up people on the way to breakfast at about 7:30 every morning, finally on their last morning when they were yelling at eachother at 6:30 (!!!!!!) in the morning, I went outside our door and told them to be quiet as it was WAY too early and to be considerate to other guests. They were quieter after that and I wanted to kick myself for not having said it earlier on!

Overall we wouldn't stay here again, it is really a family oriented hotel, but personally I think the Discovery Kartika, or Hard Rock Hotel would be much better choices completely based on location. The prices for food etc really put a dent in our bali budget and it was a pain to always feel the need to go out for food/drinks to avoid being ripped off by the hotel. Also there was a very very pregnant kitten (she was only about 6 months old) who was constantly around the pool looking for food which was very upsetting to see. We would give her scraps from breakfast and I hope other people continue to do the same, because she'll need all the help she can get once those kittens come!
If you want to be super close to the airport then is the perfect hotel... but other than that...

Room Tip: Try and request a room close to pool/reception area
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelling_cass
Reviewed 9 February 2012

If you are travelling to Bali and really dont have any idea where to stay then take my words and book this resort. its a beautifully done property with a private beach. Very nice, quite and clean surroundings, the suits are 5 star class and big. food is very nice and yes you can find nice indian food here. My tour was sponsored by the company so really dont know about the value but i guess the resort is worth staying even for a 5 star property.

Room Tip: take a room which is near to reception or pool
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BhupenderK
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and it is close to the airport, it would be a great stopover hotel. They upgraded us when we checked in (2adults and 2 kids- 3 & 1) which was great. The staff are friendly and the room was huge which was good with young kids. The food was terrible which was the biggest let down. There was also hardly anyone staying here which made it a bit boring for the kids. WE could of staying longer but had nothing to do and was sick of the food so we left.

Room Tip: pay a bit more and go for a bigger room they are very comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family