1,042 results
All reviews deluxe suite close to the airport villa guests floating restaurant villa pool planes landing kids club royal villa walk along the beach beach bar the holiday inn lounge room main pool is private beach large pool breakfast was amazing south kuta
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The hotel is next to the airport but the noise is not disturbing at all. It is rather far from the Kuta center and you can not walk. The hotel provides shuttle bus 4 times a day to Kuta center, but if you are a group, the hotel may arrange one for you. To go back, you may have to take taxi and it can take you from 15 minutes to more than one hour depending on the trafic. By the way be aware of trafic jam, which is the most terrible thing in Bali now!
The villas have very nice large room, combining a living room with a bedroom and a big bathroom, with large glass doors on 3 sides.
There are 2 main pools and they are very child-friendly. However the water although looks clean, has strong chlorine smell.
Breakfast is just fine. Staff are nice and helpful.
You can change money at the hotel, the same as offered in the airport. But the rate can be much better in some exchangers (not all) in the Kuta center. When I was there, the rate at the hotel exchanger was 8.2 to 1 dollar, while the rate in the street was 8.52, so you can consider the difference.
My kids very like it, but the hotel is expensive to us. Next time, we may choose some other place near the center.
You can not use wifi in your room and even in the lobby without a password, which may be given one per room. At the business center you are charged R25K per half an hour.

3  Thank Lien_Le
AskarDGK, Director of Sales at The Patra Bali Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Dear Madam or Sir,

Warmest and sunniest greetings from The Patra Bali Resort & Villas

Thanks for your review and on this opportunity let me clarify several things as follows :

* There is a path way on the beach which will bring people to Kuta Center for approx .15 minutes walk.

* The shuttle bus to Kita is 5 times a day

* You right, the traffic jam is quite something now in Bali. However, the authority has plan a public bus to encourage people to use to minimize the jam

You are considered as our regualr customer already and we have special deal for our Loyal Customer and please do write to me ( askar@patrabali.com ) for your deal as a return guest.

Concerning the WIFI, it is free to all our client in all hotel area, just ring the reception and ask for the login and password . The login and password is to protect our connection / bandwidth from our neighborhood usage. Can we all imagine if there is no login and password all hotel and restaurant near by will be able to use our connection / bandwidth.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Patra Bali Resort & Villas and have your chance to walk along the beach to go to Kuta centre and get your free WIFI in your room.

Kind regards,

Askar DG KAMIS

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Was a good holiday, friendly staff, good rooms, good foodm good value, awesome pool and bar. In fact loved it all except one thing the "Aussie BBQ" the night before I left. Absolutely the worst food I've ever had. I'd be ashamed to serve that to a family bbq let alone something with paying customers. Watching the 6 chefs (yes it took 6 of them to screw up this bad) it was obvious the meat was all precooked and just warmed on the BBQ, and even that wasn't very well done, most of it was cold and rubbery by the time it got to the plate. Even stuff not bbq'd was cold and inedible.

Basically it was great till that one bad meal that left a bad taste in the mouth.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Just got back from 11 nights at the Patra!!

Had read all the reviews and was worried about my choice, all for no reason!!

The Hotel is spread out on a massive property and our room was about as far away from the pool, restaurant, lobby as possible but we didn't find it an issue!

The planes weren't noisy and never bothered us and the kids loved watching them from the beach.

We woke each morning to the twirping of birds!

Our Deluxe Suite was huge and perfect for families. We would put the kids to bed and slide our doors closed and watch a movie on our hired dvd player (from DVD shops for about $3 a day) It would be better if the hotel provided plasma's and dvd players.

The bathroom is massive and we didnt have any water issues except for 2 occasions when we had no hot water (dont know why?)

Reception was helpful when we advised them of our baby being bitten by mosquito's they provided a plug-in repeller that seemed to do the trick and we would spray the room each night before we went for dinner. They also provided us with extra pillows when requested.

Our daughters Loved the kids club although I agree it does need improvement. The staff were friendly but not outgoing and seemed to let the kids run free without much interaction. It was never busy at most 7 children which was good. They could do with some more toys and yes the daily activities didnt often happen but my kids didnt seem to mind. They did do some lovely craft activities but never did the advertised frog and treasure hunting, shell collecting, fish feeding etc!
Idid meet families that werent happy with the care provided and others whose children didnt enjoy it but there were also others that loved it and begged to go!! Depends on the kids I guess!
We had to have a nanny for our baby (under 3) to supervise her at the kids club and I used a lady recommended by a friend, she was fantastic and charges approx $6 an hour for 2 kids (although we paid her more). If anyone wants her number Im happy to share and I will definitely use her again!!

The main pool is massive and lovely with half being shallow enough for my baby (22months to stand) Its a nice family friendly pool. Never had a problem getting sun lounges whether it be morning or afternoon. We never saw our 5 year old, each day she made a friend to play with and she was off having fun in the pool!! We met lots of lovely Aussies by the pool, everyone friendly and willing to swap tips on eating out and what to pay for items!!

The pool bar specials changed while we were there and the happy hour deals were nothing special...I was looking forward to the buy one get one free cocktails but they changed it to a choice of 2!!

Breakfast was amazing!! Everything you could want in a buffet! Waffles (with maple syrup my fav!!) Eggs cooked fresh any way you choose, fresh fruits, japanese, pastries, bacon, sausages, indonesian, cereals, hash browns, 3 juices, choc milk, + much more!! We took a tube of vegemite for the kids toast, they do have a jar shared by all if you forget!!

We would go to the lobby and they will ring a taxi and you only wait a few minutes to go where you like!

The hotel will arrange pickup ($5) and drop off($2.50) to the airport in a nice car with room for bags.

The distance from Kuta was great because we were out of the hustle and bustle, the beach walk was lovely at sunset to go to a nearby restaurant for dinner or go down the lane past the green garden and go the The pink Princess 1&2 for a $5 massage for an hour!!
Trying to get to Kuta Legian area at sunset impossible by vehicle so leave early or late or you will have to walk!!

The ladies on the beach are nice and their prices reasonable.
The beach is raked by a cow and plough each morning owned by the hotel!!

We are planning to stay at the Patra again next year as we had such a wonderful stay!!

9  Thank Closencounters
Reviewed 26 June 2011

This was not our first trip to Bali however our first time staying at the Patra. We were aware of how far the hotel was away from Kuta so this was not a surpirse to us, however in knowing this, staying just a little closer would have been better. However the beach path all the way into Kuta is an easy walk with strollers and great access to other restaurants and bars.
We traveled with our two kids 19mnths & 4. The deluxe rooms are everything good that the reviews say. They are huge with loads of rooms and good amenities. The bar fridges are small but big enough for the bits & pieces that you need. The supermarkets & circle K's have everything that you need for little ones. Yes the TV's are older but they work fine and we also connected a Portable DVD player to the lounge room for the kids. However we did not spend that much time in our room.
The pool area was great for children and never seemed to be over run or out of control. My 19mnth could stand up in a lot of the pool area also, so this design was great. A few more pool lounges would not go astray but all in all not a problem.
We were a little disappointed with the staffing around the pool and the bars. At other resorts there were always staff around clearing tables, rubbish empty plates and drinks, however this was not the case. It was expensive to eat & drink at the hotel compared to others again we only did this during the day if we were not doing anything or going anywhere. We ordered food once and it just never came, then I asked my husband if that was it sitting on the bar. It was, so buy the time we collected it, it was stone cold. A little more care and attention in this area would see people not mind the extra price if a little service went with it. The cocktails were not that great either again compared to other hotels and not as big.
Kids club I would have loved to pop the kids into for a little while, however after checking it out with my four year old I decided against it. It is a little tired & old with a trampoline that is sitting there with an out of order sign on it. A little unfair for little ones that don't understand it. Either fix it or take it away. So I decided against it. Saying this though there were other families in the resort that loved it and their kids really enjoyed it also. When I did see the kids out of the club with the minders they were very good and very attentive.
We also had friends that stayed at the hotel that do not have kids and they also loved the hotel, rooms and the beautiful grounds. They are very spread out and not like your typical hotel which adds to the charm.
Checking in can be a little confusing as there is no counter as such just desks that look like you would book your tours at.
When I did ask for something or request something it was done straight away. I needed a larger cot for my 19mnth and it was done and changed within an hour. So service in this way was great and housekeeping staff some of the best.
Breakfast was not as great as some we have had but there was plenty of selection and the coffee was not to bad, much better than most I have had at this type even back home.
We would stay again however would love the restaurants & bars overhauled and prices reveiwed more comparable.
You can hear and see the planes but it does not bother you and the kids love watching them, it does not detract from this hotel in the least. And walking the path was a good thing to help walk off the Bingtangs.

3  Thank 4Acrefamily
Reviewed 26 June 2011

we went in july 2010 and when we went back in november 2010we stayed at the paridiso kuta it was also nice we wanted to go back to the patra as it far superior in every way we have travelled to bali many times now and to be honest with you it is the people they are fantastic i wish that some of the other countries i have visited they gave you the courtesy the people of bali give you cheers jack newcastle australia

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends