2 people are viewing this hotel
USD 146
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 62
Hotels.com
USD 62
eDreamsUSD 146
Trip.comUSD 66
FindHotelUSD 62
8,005 results
All reviews rock royalty kids club center stage deluxe premium room sand island foam party kuta beach kids suite pool area family holiday huge pool live band amazing pool main pool kids pool buffet breakfast swim up bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed at the Mulia Nusa Dua Bali for the 1st two days during our recent visit to Bali and another 4 nights at Hard Rock Hotel Bali. I must say... We should had have stayed at Hard Rock since we arrived on Bali. Pretty Much overall everybody who works there, really keep the true spirit alive. We stayed at the kids suite, it so huge..everything bout the room was neat.. the service cleaner went above and beyond on showing off her animal made from towel. My daughter showed off to rest her class on her 1st day to school. The pool.. You cant ask for better pool. So many activities for the kids so little time... Lastly, staff at the welcoming desk upon check out was amazing, they trully are the best assests for the hotels that makes this experience come true. Just a small tips, loud music till midnight really give the kids hard time to sleep.

Room tip: As for direct pool access
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2013

If you are an American, Canadian or Europe, you wont want to stay anywhere in Kuta. If you do stay there, don't stay at the Hard Rock.

First, Kuta is like a beach city in mexico only much more crowded and dirty. Tons of people, lots of little shops that all have the same stuff like knock off watches, purses, clothing, cheap souvenirs, lots of tourists from everywhere but mainly asia and Australia. At first its only a few, but then you realize that there are thousands of underage and older australians that are using Kuta as their party city. They get super drunk, make a ton of noise on the streets and in the hotels and on the beach, it gets obnoxious really quickly. But for australians, Kuta is an easy flight and place to stay and party as I don't think any drinking age is enforced on Bali.

The Hard Rock has seen better days. Its cool because its a hard rock and it still has some of that feel, but its wear and tear is starting to show. We only stayed in their base room because we weren't staying long, but the room had a pretty dirty overall feel. One of those rooms you feel like gets your other things dirty by touching them. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, I was wondering while I was eating it if I would get a bad stomach ache later, but that never happened. The pool area would be cool if somehow there weren't as many kids everywhere. I got in the water, put my head underwater and wondered how many kids had peed in the pool that day and are doing it right now...

We arrived at least 3 or 4 hours after the check in time, and the front desk couldn't find our reservation. I had written the reservation number out and with that they still couldn't find it. We got out the ipad and showed them the email confirmation of the booking, so they gave us a non-alcoholic drink voucher for the bar while they figured it out. About an hour later they said they found it and checked us in, no explanation or anything else for the delay.

If you are looking for a party scene anywhere in Kuta is a good place to start. If this is your honeymoon, go North or South a long ways, you'll have a much better experience.

Room tip: Dont stay here in the first place
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank ManFromMinneapolis
Reviewed 11 January 2013

1. No DVD players in rooms, available for hire but never any left?
2. Safe is NOT bolted to the floor, easy to remove
3. I can hear every word the people next door are saying
4. The music from the bar/lobby is louder than our tv at 2am in the morning
5. The water from the shower is so salty you'd think you were in the surf
6. The WIFI is the slowest I've ever seen and not even worth trying so forget it
7. Massive pool, great layout but not enough seating....
8. Went to chill out pool once which is available for deluxe rooms only but there was no service for towels and the pool was dirty (obviously not cleaned from the day before)

With all the travel we do I'd rate this hotel as a base 3 star not 5. It's location which is outstanding probably compensates for its other down falls, but once you're here you see that there are many other 4 and 5 star hotels that are far better maintained and share the great location.

Do yourself a favour and look around and read other reviews.

Date of stay: January 2013
3  Thank MitchandDee
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Unforgettable stays in Bali....which the staffs hospitality at the highest stake at all....the one that kills me is the water...how comes the water in the bathroom is so salty even i have to washed my hair strands with 2 bottles of complimentary mineral water.....do something about this please before my next planned stay :)..

The scenery is superb from the hotel even my addiction to Starbuck fulfilled each nights of the stay. Closeby to the tourist shopping spots...

The pool is excellent. Laying myself on the gazebo was authentic moment.

Room tip: Rooms facing the center garden is quiter comparable to the nearby of the Center Stage.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zue5480
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed at Hard Rock against friends advice. Should have listened to them... it was noisy, dirty, overpriced and was severely lacking mojo.
We had to move rooms three times. Were upgraded on the first night, but then they advised us that we had to move into a different room as they had messed up the booking, so we were put in a room near the bar, and the music was deafening. After being unable to sleep, we were moved again to a room on the other side of the property. It was definately quieter.
If you feel you need to stay here, request a room as far away from the action as you can get.

Staff were disengaged and kids club was grotty.

The good things about this property were the awesome pool (we hired a cabana by the pool and that was lovely), and the spa.. although overpriced, the massage was sensational.

I would not recommend this property!

Room tip: Request a room far away from the main reception/bar area... otherwise you will not be able to sleep.
Date of stay: February 2012