New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #20 of 225 Hotels in Kuta
Palmerston, Australia
“HEAVEN ON EARTH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I just recently returned home from a family holiday to Bali with my 2 teenage daughters. We stayed at Hard Rock Hotel and loved everything about it, it really was like staying in a rock museum, we were amazed!!
From the moment we first arrived we were treated like Rockstars by the wonderful staff. They were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much for them.
Our room on the 4th floor was beautiful, and the beds were so comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud, I think we had the best sleeps of our lives here.
Hard Rock is directly opposite Kuta Beach and so close to everything. We never needed a taxi once, we walked to Water Bom, Matahari Department Store and all the best restaurants.
I only have one beef about this hotel and that is the quality of the water, sadly it was hard and salty, it was next to impossible to lather yourself up in the shower, so every night I went to bed feeling sticky and horrible!
Apart from that, the breakfasts were amazing each morning, so much to choose from and the pools were gorgeous, I would definately recommend this hotel and yes I will definately be back, THANKS HARD ROCK - YOU ROCK !!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Robyn W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel is opposite of Kuta Beach. It's clean and have good ambiance, well what you expect from a 5 stars hotel. But the only set off situation was that we were checked-in late by the hotel by 2 and a half hours!! The official check-in time at the hotel is at 2.00 pm but we didn't get to get to our rooms until after 4.00pm !!! That's pretty upsetting especially after almost a 4.5 hours journey back from homeland until we arrive at the hotel. The reason was that the patrons who were in our rooms still have not checked-out because they were partying the whole nite, the nite before and resulting in having bad headaches in the morning. The hotel should have done something about it since our rooms were confirmed since January and payments have also been made in cash before our arrival. We were asked to wait at the lobby with our luggage for more than 2 hours. That's why hotels have check-in and check-out time so that they can monitor the departure and arrival of their guests. Other than that, it's a good hotel to stay. Oh one more thing, I think the water in our shower is from the sea itself as I can taste salt water while brushing teeth and taking shower...hahaha...it's funny for a 5-stars hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Iean Z
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

love this hotel so much!!! crazy and trendy staffs... superb service... definitely will come back there... thanks for all!!!

Room Tip: the king suite... viva elvis presley
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank chanz07
Bangi, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

we just safely arrive home after 3 night stayed from 3-6 feb 2012.

We booked for KIDS SUITE for more than 6 month ago, but when I and the family arrived at the hotel, the reception's staff told us that there was no room as we requested for tonight and the manager-in charge, named DEDE told us the room's air cond suddenly fault and the ceiling collapse, im not that stupid as which for me its a FAKE REASON in any way..

My 8 years old son cant accept and crying all the night because we promise him for a long time and he frequently look at the kids suite photo on website before we come..SERIOUSLY, i think i wanna change to another hotel and feels like wanna back home..
actually we have experience before in HARD ROCK HOTEL PATTAYA but they call us a week before and inform us the hotel is under renovation..and they locate us to another room (refer to the HARD ROCK HOTEL PATTAYA thread) which was fine for me and family..

so, after long discussion with the reception staff, they give us the deluxe premium which for me, its spoil and ruin my holiday..then the 2nd day, theres still no KIDS SUITE available for us, and they offer us to move to the deluxe suite which still really make us down in mood.. even the room was okay but we r still not happy..only on the 3rd night the KIDS SUITE available for us..this is what we looking for for this holiday but unfortunately, its only for 1 night and we have to check out early in the morning as our flight is on 6am..

Besides, in the other hand, we enjoy the large and beautiful swimming pool,, the restaurant, the lil rock club activities the public relation guy - ANDY, the poolside staff, NITA and the gang, the bell boy the supir, thank you so much.. u guys make our holiday enjoyable..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank BartRusli
HardRockHoteBali, Director of Marketing Communications at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear BartRusli,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this invaluable feedback about your stay at our resort. We take your comments very seriously and I am extremely sorry to read about your bad experience with our property. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority and we take great pride in not only meeting individual expectations, but exceeding them. I am committed to ensuring that we address and resolve each point you have made.

The glitch mentioned in your review that the room you booked was not available because there was a problem with the Air Conditioning and ceiling at that time. Our hotel apologizes sincerely for this and the inconvenience.

On the other hand, we thank you for sharing your enjoyment of your recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Bali, especially the expansive pools, quality of the food, Lil’ Rock Kids Club and the friendliness of the staff. I'm pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay. We are extremely proud of our family of 500 staff and it is particularly rewarding to hear you talk so highly of them. They really think of visitors as honored guests to their island home and consider it a great privilege to be at your service.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and apologize unreservedly. By separate dispatch we have sent you a letter with a little surprise (please advise us of your address). I hope that in doing so, you would give Hard Rock Hotel Bali another opportunity to make amends. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please contact me for any assistance at olie@hardrockhotels.net

With warm regards,

Aulianty Fellina Rizal
Director of Marketing Communications
Hard Rock Hotel Bali
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed here with my family back in June 2011 and the overall experience was mixed. However, I have problems getting my refund of USD15 from the hotel who has double-charged me for my airport pick-up transportation. It is not a huge sum but I am disappointed that despite a positive reply that they will reimburse me, I have not received any reimbursement so far. This is in spite of my numerous reminders sent to the hotel. I wonder if the hotel is interested in repeated customers?

Pros:
- Location is great.
- Pool is good, esp for kids.
- Staff are also friendly when we were on-site.

Cons:
- Tap water has a strange taste so we had to use bottled water, even for brushing teeth. (not sure if this is a problem across all hotels?)
- Room: Mosquites (you need to ask for the electrical repellent from hotel)
- Lack of response (post-stay experience is bad)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles