“Great Food, Great Views!!!”

Boni Bali Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Gianyar
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: with breathtaking views at boni bali. with its signature view of forests, rice fields and the rushing waters of the sacred ..... You can enjoy of good views and amazing food for the whole day if you.
Reviewed 30 April 2016

I had researched trip advisor and selected this restaurant based on reviews. It was a great choice as I had the best Nasi Goreng ever. We were a group of 8 and everyone really enjoyed the food, the view and the service. At the time we went, there was renovations happening so we were only confined to a smaller area of the restaurant although the view from there was also great. I highly recommend this restaurant. Beware though, if you end up travelling with a minibus, the driver will park at the top of the hill and you would need to walk down and back up (a bit steep for some but not that bad - at least you burn the calories you piled up).

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (322)

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Worth going just for the spectacular setting on the side of a steep hill looking across to the rice paddies. I have been here twice, 2 yrs apart, not much has changed. Staff very friendly. Food is average. And yes, always a cold Bintang. Indo basics such as Nasi G and Gado Gado are ok. The curries are good. There's also a western component to the menu - Spag Bol and steak & chips etc- none of which I've tried so I can't comment. The restrooms could do with a little attention to detail. All in all, what could be so wrong with having a cold beer and some ok food in such a beautiful location? 300,000Rp for 3 meals, one Bintang, 2 coffees and an iced tea. No charge for the view.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

The view is indeed very nice. But the food is ABSOLUTELY not worth the money. My wife had the sate menu but we couldn't figger it out if it was chicken ( maybe dog). She didn't finish the plate after one bite. And we're not difficult people. My chicken plate wasn't worth the money either. Advice: go for the view and spend your money on food in Ubud centre.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Philippe D
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Value for money, Boni Bali is a good restaurant for its ambiance is relaxing and the dishes are reasonably priced.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

The guide took us here as part of our trip out and the view of the rice terraces as you arrive and the neatness of the restaurant give you high expectations. Food prices were on the high side but the staff were well mannered and attentive. We ordered a couple of the Indonesian dishes expecting good things. Alas what did come was pretty disappointing and the portion sizes small for what we had paid. My wife had a warm salad, but most of the ingredients on her plate were for a cold salad. I had the satay selection to be greeted with small bits of over cooked meat on a skewer which were not completely hot, so had been cooked beforehand or not cooked to be served when they were ready. The meal I got reminded more of the cheep meals I have had in standup street corners where price is everything. Neither of us finished our meals and we left after telling the girl serving us the food was not good.
The only reason I have given this 3 stars over 2 was the location and the staff. I suggest you ask your driver to take you somewhere else.

Date of visit: November 2015