“Fantastic lassi”

Baba Lassi
Ranked #2 of 9 Dessert in Varanasi
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

The best lassi in varanasi! I had a coconut lassi! It was fantastic, creamy and decorated with fruit! We came back the day After Also!

2  Thank BIRILLAbo

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Baba lassi is a very different kind of lassi from the local ones or even Blue Lassi. The lassiwalla blends and mashes the fruits with the malai (cream) and curd (yoghurt) before serving, and finally adorns the top with more fruits and dried fruits, and some orange amazing syrup.

I ordered the mixed fruit lassi, and was afraid that all the citrusy fruits would ruin the combination, but the lassi walla knows exactly how much to put for a great taste in the palate.

Rich, complex, this lassi melts in your mouth and the fruit breaks in every bite for you to enjoy. Definitely recommendable.

They lost one star for me because I had to wait for 30 minutes (!) for my lassi, since every lassi is a piece of art...
But come one... 30 minutes! Only 6 people ahead of me... 30 minutes!!

3  Thank dancinemaniac
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Very good and fresh Lassis! The owner definitely takes care on presentation, he puts everything like he's doing an art piece.
Plus it's a very hygienic place, so not excuse to miss it! ;)

1  Thank camilitapaz
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

After several lassis we had during our trip, baba lassi is one of the Best! Everything is fresh made and delicious!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

What a great little lassi shop which was close to our hostel. The previous day we made an effort to walk really quite far to find "blue lassi" which supposedly is the best in Varanasi, however we didn't even go in, it looked a bit dirty and all the yogurt was left out with flies landing on it so we decided to try one of our local lassi shops instead. Wow, baba lassi did not disappoint. First of all the place is spotlessly clean with all ingredients stored in sealed containers inside a fridge, so you can really be sure that it's safe here. It was busy and we had to wait about 15 for our mixed fruit lassi, but my god was it worth it! This was by far the most delicious thing I've eaten in India after 6 weeks. Everything tasted so fresh and the.blend of flavours was just excellent. Highly recommended!!!

1  Thank anastasiabF9717QS