1,333 results
All reviews royal view the river mukesh sharma meer ghat the hotel staff private balcony train station old city cheaper rooms hotel restaurant excellent view premium room narrow lanes special thanks airport pick boat ride hot water
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I paid extra for a premium room with a balcony (number 102). The room actually opened out on to public balcony which was part of the restaurant. There were people drinking on the balcony and as a lone female I felt extremely vulnerable with 3 sides of my room open to the public and with dodgy door bolts, a slight push and anyone could have got in. I didn’t sleep a wink. The ceiling fan made the curtains fly open and people could see right in. The bed was very hard and occupied by bugs. The sheets and towels were dirty and looked like they had been left to dry on the bank of the Ganges. The shower consisted of a shower nozzle with a bucket to catch the water and there was no toilet paper. My friends booked cheaper rooms and although extremely basic, they felt safe. We checked out at 11am, our flight wasn’t until 9pm, we hung around the hotel all day only to discover that the public toilet facilities consisted of a hole in the floor, and I was denied the use of a proper toilet. I’m not a snob and quite happy to ‘when in Rome, do as the Romans do’ however, I have a disability that makes the logistics of this very difficult. A tense few hours!! I didn’t eat anything other than toast as I am quite picky and eat with my eyes, however, my friends ordered Indian food and enjoyed it.

The main attraction of this hotel is the views and in all fairness, compared to other ‘hotels’ in this area it’s probably one of the better ones. It’s such a shame, as with a bit of improvement, it would be great. If you book, take one of the rooms with a private toilet or you may have to face the dreaded hole in the floor!

Room Tip: Avoid 102, the most expensive room!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Perfect place to stay at Varanasi.Awesome view with delicious food.Although water level at Ganges was high and no boating was allowed by the authorities but I just enjoyed the view from Alka Hotel.Being very close to Kashi Vishwanath Temple adds another feather in the cap of Hotel Alka.Mr Munna is really very helpful and a nice person.

Room Tip: Prefer rooms with view of Ganges.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank anil_journalist
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Great hotel with a perfect view. Excellent location, the Ghat
and Kashi vishwanath Mandir was in close proximity.I would recommend this hotel because of Mr.Mukesh . Such a nice guy, he made our stay as pleasant as it could have been.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank HrideyK1
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Very good location with an amazing view, clean rooms, the staff is very generous and most importantly decilious food. A perfect hotel. Mr.Munna the manager had be very helpful by booking the taxi for sightseeing and transfers also guided what things are famous to eat and from where to buy saree.
A perfect hotel to stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MihirP236
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

If you go to Varanasi you must stay at Hotel Alka. It is strategically located along the Ganges with great views of the Ghats right from your room window. All the main attractions are just a stone’s throw away (including Kashi Vishwanath Temple & Kashi Visalakshi Temple). The rooms were very comfortable and the hotel staff were approachable and helpful. We ate most of our meals at the hotel as it was clean, tasty and convenient.
However, the main reason I would highly recommend Hotel Alka is because of Mr. Mukesh Sharma @ Munna Bhai. He runs the hotel and is very dependable with excellent local knowledge and contacts. He went out of his way to make our visit as pleasant as possible- an all-round nice guy!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family