“Absolutely brilliant”

Ranked #6 of 301 Restaurants in Varanasi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Tucked away in the alleys of Varanasi, with only four tables, this place is worth many a visit. The owner is charming and enjoys a bit of conversation. The food is brilliant. Work up a bit of an appetite before you plan on going as the thalis are quite large (in my opinion.) But it's so good, you'll end up finishing everything on it anyway. The aloo paratha is a notably great item on the menu. The ginger lemon honey tea is the perfect end to a lovely meal. Do yourself the favour of stopping by for an amazing dinner!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We ordered the veg thali (120rp). The dal and the veg curry were very tasty but the aloo jira was amazing, and I don’t even like potato that much. We ordered an extra side of it because it was so good. The owner misread our order so only served us one thali instead of 2 but with the extra side of aloo jira it was enough food for the two of us. Highly recommend - good food, food service and nice and cheap too.

2  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Delicious dinner in Varanasi. Great food, relaxed and helpful owner. Recommend this restaurant for dinner.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

This place is something of a hidden gem in my opinion. The place is small with only 4 tables and the wait is really long as the family don't have a big industrial size kitchen to cook many dished at once but.... it is well worth the wait! Think of all the other issues you've encountered in India... not enough vegetables, too much oil, flavour not quite right, still hungry afterwards. Well I am confident you won't have any of these problems in Niyati! My kadai paneer was packed with vegetables, it was really tasty, portions were very big and it and rice only came to 220 rupees. My friend got Thali one day and narvraton Korma the next and both were also very good.
Kadai paneer was by far my favourite though.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I just hop on with tripadvisor ratings buts trust me food is really simple and good. It's in a narrow lane and shop is with 16 chairs but almost 80% full all the time. 60% with forgein tourists. Place is very near to dashasamedh ghat.

Try it you will.love it