“A lovely retreat”

Price range: USD 2 - USD 5
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Stop by for espresso based coffee at one of our cafes or come over for a meal served by our pleasant staff. At our stores you will find great products for sale too which are made in-house by our manufacturing unit in Delhi. You can smell our home baked cakes from far and soon we'll be serving homemade ice cream as well. In Leh our meals consist of organic veggies, true to the spirit of Ladakh where nature still rules. Sit on our balcony in the holy city of Varanasi and sip some of India's best coffee while you watch Indian life go by. Stop by for some hot and spicy chai at our manufacturing unit in Old Delhi. We love visitors!
Reviewed 4 May 2016

I went to Varanasi with my husband a few weeks ago- which was the start of the summer in India. It was SUPER hot, so much so that we needed a calm place to retreat to until the later afternoon when we could continue exploring. Open Hand was PERFECT. It's very clean, zen, has an extensive menu that has items if you need a taste from home/break from heavier Indian food and the people that work there make you feel comfortable and not rushed- even if you're taking advantage of some AC and a great cup of coffee for multiple hours. Definitely go here for a break from some of the Varanasi hubbub.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

A great place to escape the heat and busy streets of Varanasi. Wonderful food and good coffee. A cute ambience and friendly/helpful staff

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful boutique where you get great coffee and snacks and an ambience so amazing, you would want to keep coming back.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

I went there for a Sunday lunch with three friends. I really liked the colourful decorations of all of the rooms with hand made items. The prices for some items are high but they're fair trade. The food and drink that I ordered wasn't available so I had to order something else. The desserts looked and tasted very good.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

I probably had too many coffees here trying to make up for the normal watered down Nescafé you normally get here. But it was very good coffee I had an americano and two double espressos both delicious.
My gf and I had salads I thoroughly enjoyed my German potato salad and my gf did her health salad (not that large for its price) but very nice to have a real salad.
I didn't enjoy the sandwich I had.
All in all though i would 100% recommend.