“Was a pleasure having food there..”

Restaurant at Trident, Agra
Ranked #25 of 315 Restaurants in Agra
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savour cuisine inspired by the kitchens of the Mughal emperors at The Restaurant. Smooth, delicious curries with crispy naans or kebabs that simply melt in your mouth. A meal here is highly recommended to complete your Agra experience. The Restaurant offers the only wood fired oven pizzas in the city and also serves a variety of continental and Asian dishes. Dine at Al fresco for authentic Italian flavours. Enjoy wood fired pizzas and succulent grills seasoned with fresh herbs from the hotel's own kitchen garden. The bright, cheerful bar is ideal to unwind after a hectic day or plan the next one.
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I went to Trident, Agra just a day before Christmas Eve with my wife and kid. We had read about their restaurant Alfresco, an Italian one on Zomato and had gone there to have good Italian food. However, all guests were being seated in their multi-cuisine restaurant called La Brasserie, which means ‘The Restaurant’ in English. On browsing through their menu, we found that it would be better to opt for a dinner buffet rather than order a-la-carte.

The restaurant is a very spacious one. The best part about the layout of the restaurant is that it looks very neat and very non-crowded despite sufficient number of guests dining at that time. Our attendant’s name was Srishti, who was a trainee there and she made us very comfortable and served very well. She arranged for a baby chair for our kid and was thoroughly helpful. She also arranged for my wife’s phone to be charged as our charger was not working.

The buffet was very good. Everything was very well done. I would say that I have seen more lavish buffets than this one but the preparation was far better than most of the places. The buffet had 2 soups- veg and chicken, good dessert counter, plenty of salads, snacks, fish, Indian/Mughlai curries and good choice of breads. I found the fish to be cold and on informing them about it, the staff was very apologetic and came twice to say sorry for the same. I particularly liked Potato Wedges, Chicken Curry, vegetable-au-gratin, Cream of Chicken soup, Chicken Pasta Salad, Mushroom vegetable (since it was prepared with a twist). The person at the dessert counter himself offered to get me a gulab jamun, even though it was not on display anywhere in the buffet menu. I think that the dessert menu should have been a bit more elaborate considering the fact that people like to try out different desserts at such good hotels since they are prepared very well.

Overall, a good luxurious place to have dinner with your family. Cost of buffet per person – INR 1600.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Food was great, Excellent Hospitality! Thanks to Mr Yash Bamola & Chief Chef Mr. Arun Mathur for his special interest / attention to us (& his staff, both at our dinner & Breakfast), who All together did everything possible to serve with great interest & Delight. Hotel chef offered Spl sweet (Beetroot Halwa/Chef's specialty).Team showed interest & was equipped to make some items on special request, our such request was served both in breakfast & dinner. Buffet seems to be a good option.
Kudos to Oberoi/Trident Mgmt Training for grooming excellent Hotel Mgmt Students! Learnt that Yash is a STEP Program Trainee from Oberoi/Trident Management course , we were very impressed with his personality & professionally kind gestures exhibited while serving us with great pride. Our Special wish to Yash & STEP Trainees who served us with delight,success in learning such great traits & a flourishing career!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Staying at the Trident Hotel, the menu looked good and after checking on Tripadviser, the buffet option looked interesting despite the one poor report.
We booked a table for 7pm, staff were so attentive, polite and made the whole experience enjoyable.
The buffet selection looked really good and we had a splendid meal at a very reasonable price. Certainly recommended.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Everything at the Trident hotel and Restaurant looks very shiny and smart but beware the buffet! We had spent 3 weeks travelling around India trouble free, eating in local Havali's and restaurants, place that on the outside were far scruffier than the Trident. Then we ate at the Trident buffet, big mistake, 4 of us have been ill for the last two days.

TridentAgra, General Manager at Restaurant at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to write about your experience at Trident, Agra.

I apologize if the food at the restaurant has caused you inconvenience.

May I please request you to share some details about your review with me. It will be helpful to know your room number and the time that you were at the restaurant.

May I please request you to contact me at gaurav.issar@tridenthotels.com at your convenience. Alternatively, I can also be reached at my handset- 07409131300.

Your comments and observations will be very helpful.

Warm Regards

Gaurav Issar

Reviewed 19 January 2017

This restaurant is geared towards the buffet, and both the breakfast and dinner buffets have plenty of variety. What makes it even better is the personalized service and the effort to serve you items which are even not a part of the buffet menu. We've eaten here 5 times in the last two months, and each time it's been consistently good.

1  Thank DGCSekhri