The good things about this hotel:
- location: right next to the Taj (2 minutes walk from East Gate) and Agra Old Town (5-10 minutes walk). Nicely busy during the day, but quiet and meditative during the night. Just the problem is that in order to get tickets to the Taj you have to go about 2-3 kilometers far up the road that passes the hotel to a newly built ticket office - which is annoying, especially early in the morning, if you want to see the Taj in the sunrise (get a rickshaw)
- price (considering the location). The hotel also has a nice pation with restaurant (but also with a lot of mosquitoes - not a problem during the day, but quite a big problem in the evenings), and the hot water was running the whole day (quite exceptional for hotels of this price range)
The not so good things about this hotel:
- rooms are very, very cold. We traveled there in January, with night time temperatures around 10 degrees C and it was very cold inside. The windows are small and shut, so you cannot rely on getting some heat in the room during the day (besides, our room was facing the inner corridor, so no sun in the room even during the day). The staff gave us one extra (and a bit smelly) blanket, but that did not really help. All of us caught cold during our stay. But if you travel in another season, you may be fine.
- rooms are very, very wet. Our bathroom did not have its own window, but was connected with another bathroom next door (which was occupied by our friends, so that was no problem) - but the moisture produced by showering did not go out but entered the room instead. Not very pleasant. Bearable if you stay for a few days, but be ready to face some serious mold related problems if you stay longer.
- mosquitoes: all the time, everywhere. Bring an electric vaporizer, or you can buy one on the market nearby.
- no toilet paper provided - bring your own. the same applies to towels and linens.
- extensive and frequent black-outs - not a problem of the hotel, the appeared in the town too. The hotel has a power generator, but it does not work for lights in the bathroom - so bring your own flashlight.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Sheela reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheela Hotel Agra