“Lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 146 Hotels in Agra
New Delhi, India
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Value for money. Good location. McDonald's walking distance at tdi mall. Taj near by too. Oberoi service can't be faulted. Went by car via taj express; home to hotel and back, we didn't feel tired at all! Off season complimentary room for children was a bonus. Request trident for better lighting over table tennis table and if possible, make a proper badminton court or tennis court.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have had you stay at The Trident during your visit to Agra.

Thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and also for posting your experience.

We are happy to note that it was a wonderful experience for you and you found our service excellent. We are also pleased to note that our product and facilities were to your satisfaction.

We have noted your feedback on lighting over the table tennis and would like to thank you for sharing your comments.

The team and I look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Vishal Bharti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Wanted to try out the new Yamunaexpressway with family. Decided to make it a night's stay. Called up Jaypee Palace and got a quote for 2 delux rooms. Mom has pain in kness so decided to try another place where the walk from lobby/ restaurant/garden etc to room is not too long. Trident was in the back of the mind. Called their central reservation number. Liked every Trident employee saying on picking the phone, "sorry if you had to wait". I guess this was a nice gesture. Something different and innovative and giving that hint that you might be very well taken care of once in hotel. So, in-spite of a much VFM package from Jaypee Palace decided to go with Trident.
The entire experience from parking, personalized check-in, an elaborate property visit to the in-room comfort was as expected. I was really looking hard to fine one thing going wrong. No ! --they were hardcore. They did not give me the pleasure. People were attentive as you are walking around in property, eager to please you and at the same time they were non-intrusive to your personal time with family. Overall, a really satisfying experience. Would definitely plan very soon for a longer period if I can secure a VFM deal from them.

Room Tip: Ask for pool facing room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jiteshbhatt
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident Agra on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation and encouragement for our team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner.

Your positive observations regarding our rooms, garden and also on your dining experience is inspirational for all of us.

It is our endeavour to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our product and services. We are delighted to note that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

We look forward to the pleasure of your return and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Trident hotel in Agra. It is more a business style hotel than a charming hotel. Staff very friendly, comfortable rooms, huge swimming pool open till late and we had a fantastic dinner buffet in the restaurant. If you are looking for something more romantic or special you should try something different but overall I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at Trident Agra.

We thank you for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor and are happy to read your compliments on our product and facilities.

We are also grateful for your appreciation of the services provided by the team. It is truly heartening to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner. We are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward!

We appreciate your support and patronage and thank you for giving us more opportunities to be of service.

Cary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I am currently staying at the Trident Agra. They have chosen to do renovation on the hotel and although we were moved down the hall - the drilling, sanding and noise continues. This is a nice enough hotel - but I would warn anyone strongly to carefully review other options. Although we have called continually and they momentarily stop the racket, they continue. They simply do not care about their guests - which means, I would urge paying customers to find a better solution. I doubt this hotel is full -but because we are on a tour, they have given us the worst rooms and feel like we simply do not matter. The decor is not bad - but it hardly matters if you end up with a migraine. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Colleen M
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a detailed feedback on the hotel and its services with regard to your recent stay with us.

At the outset please do accept my sincere personal apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I have since addressed the issues with the concerned department heads and initiated remedial action. I assure you that your feedback shall be dealt in all seriousness it deserves.

While I fully understand that this might have marred your impression of Trident Agra please allow me to assure you that this represents a departure from our normal standards of service and we would greatly appreciate an opportunity to correct your perception.

My team and I look forward to your continual visits and assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Warm Regards,

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Service is a concern. Being a 5-star it should be impeccable. We found the service to drag a little.
Almost 2-3 times I had to dial twice to get a service during my 2 days stay. Once my room was not cleaned even when I requested for the same.

They could not provide me correct information about Taj Mahal. I was trying to get tickets for the moon light view. I had requested them to get it for me over the phone on the way to Fatehpur. They told me you need ID proofs of all the people visiting. Due to this wrong information I had to drive back to Agra from the Fatehpur Shikri road ~ 50 kms up-down. When I bought the ticket from ASI Office myself I found only 1 ID proof was enough for a group. They had my ID they could have easily done it for me and save about 2 hrs for me and the trouble.

I checked out early in the morning on 2nd Sep about which I informed them on 1st itself, also I called at 6:15 AM and asked for the bill to be kept ready. The person who comes to check the in-room bar came @ 6:40 AM. When I went to the reception at about 7 AM the BILL was still not printed/ready which is not expected, Card swiping took ~8-10 mins !!!!!

Location, Room, Food, Bar, Ambience 5 STAR, Service will get a 2 from me.

Room Tip: Take the pool view rooms they are nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor .

We have made a note of your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Warm Regards,