“Poor Air Conditioning & Reception People Are Rude”
Review of The Retreat

The Retreat
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had been assured by a Hotel Employee for Complimentary Breakfast. And After the Breakfast it was Charged at High Rates.

We weren't allowed to communicate with Customer Relation Manager too to resolve issue.

Air Conditioning in Rooms 101-105 is also very pathetic.

Room Tip: Poor Service
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RetreatAgra, Director of Sales at The Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Sehaj,

Greetings of the day from team - The Retreat !!!

We are extremely sad & disheartened to acknowledge that you had a not-so-great experience during your recent stay at The Retreat Hotel. We thank you for your feedback and have made a note of the displeasure caused to you due to the miscommunication & Airconditioning issue . But we assure you that we will leave no stone un-turned to ensure that all the guests who stay with us leave the hotel with pleasant memories to share back home. We value your patronage and looking forward in welcoming you, your family & friends again for a memorable experience.

Wishing you & your family a pleasant & healthy life ahead !

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I had stayed in this hotel this weekend. Its a average hotel close to Taj East Gate. Rooms were nice. But room service was bad, and staff has nothing to do with that. Dinner menu was not very vast according to the charges. Same with the breakfast. There was no phone line in my room. Everytime I have to order something, I had to make a call from my personal phone which they answer after 2-3 times.
Overall, its a average hotel to stay.

Sumit

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sumit,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.With regards your recent visit at The Retreat I was most concerned to read you comment and I can assure you it will be taken up with the team and put to good use in our endeavour to provide the highest standards of service to our guests; I apologize that you were disappointed on this occasion and I hope to be able to restore your faith in The retreat in the future. Warm Regard
The Retreat welcoming you, your family & friends again for a memorable experience.

Wishing you & your family a pleasant & healthy life ahead !

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed at this hotel with my family in Agra to see Taj Mahal, wherein, I enjoyed and had a very comfortable stay. Their services are good, swimming pool gives you a good time to relax and the breakfast is also very nice. Would love to stay again as and when I visit Agra in future.

Rajat

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tanuj_Goyal, Manager at The Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Greetings from Hotel The Retreat, Agra !!

It was a pleasure to have you stay With us at The Retreat, Agra.

The team is excited looking at your fantastic feedback for each and every department you come around and I am sure this will motivate them further to deliver high levels of guest satisfaction. Thank you for your excellent review.

It will be our distinct privilege to serve you in the future.

Manpreet Oberoi

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Service was good, and the rooms were lovely and spacious. However, beyond that it was all relatively average. As a 5 we shared 2 American Brealfasts betwwen us, all of which was okay for what it was, but not great. However they DID do fantastic grilled tomatoes.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Tanuj_Goyal, Manager at The Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Greetings from Hotel The Retreat, Agra !!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Retreat hotel, Agra recently.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings during your stay, though we as a team put in all our efforts to offer a flawless product, there are times we fall short of the mark. Rest assured, we will make a sincere attempt to improve on the mentioned comments, though I am glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our hotel, room and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Retreat Agra!

Manpreet Kaur Oberoi

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Agra. There isn't that much to do in the city apart from seeing the Taj Mahal, which is spectacular. The rooms in the hotel were modern and clean. The evening food in the restaurant was poor, I'd give that a miss. Also the same can be said for the breakfast, trying to get a cereal bowl turned into a mission. If there was the option I'd rate this hotel as good, but certainly not very good.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Tanuj_Goyal, Manager at The Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Greetings from Hotel The Retreat, Agra !!

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Retreat hotel, Agra recently.
Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings during your stay, though we as a team put in all our efforts to offer a flawless product, there are times we fall short of the mark. Rest assured, we will make a sincere attempt to improve on the mentioned comments, though I am glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our hotel, rooms and cleanliness. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Retreat Agra!

Manpreet Kaur Oberoi