Lakeview consists of lots of pink concrete cottages running down a slope a little way out of town. We stayed in two cottages for one night in January 2012. They had a bedroom, table and chairs, lounge chairs, fireplace (we didn't use) verandah and parking. As it is lcoated a few km out of town, (we either walked or used an auto rickshaw - 60Rs I think), to get to town ) it was very peaceful. The staff were pleasant and helpful and the food in the restaurant was reasonable (we didn't use room service). It was a bit cool, being January but was a pleasant stay. The old town of Ooty was much more interesting than we thought it would be - we were primarily there because we caught the toy train from Mettupalayam (a neat train trip) and it was much more enjoyable than Kodaikanal, to which we had taken a day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, lastminute.com.au and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty