USD 86
Book now, pay at stay
USD 72
USD 45
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 54/night.

USD 83
All reviewshot watercompactindiantowelsbedambience
Reviewed 10 February 2018

+ Close to the famous Menaakshi Amman temple
+ Clean
Other than that nothing else to be expected. Though I included additional bed but it was not prepared. No big deal, so upon check in, we just reminded the reception. But he only brought the bed and no extra towel etc. We stayed here with family only 1 night. Remember,you have to handcarry your luggage as no lift facility. My luggage bag was close to 23kgs!

Stayed: February 2018
Anuradha V, Owner at Avea B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thanks for complementing on cleanliness of our rooms. We are very sorry to hear that extra person amenities weren't ready upon your arrival. Our B&B is a small property which also has a first floor with ergonomically designed stair case for better accessibility. Our utmost priority is serving our customer needs and we apologize that we weren't available when you needed us. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Looking forward to host you again!

Reviewed 1 February 2018

The room is good-sized and comfortable. Ours was in the front which was a little loud one day when music was playing from a loudspeaker in the street, however most of the time it was not bad. There is at least one very good thali restaurant down the street and good shopping all along the street. The neighborhoods nearby are safe and the people there friendly. The staff of the hotel are very friendly and helpful and speak English well. Your order breakfast the day before. The water in the cooler is safe bottled and safe for westerners to drink. The owners are from Madurai and also live in Atlanta, so they are in tune with the preference of Americans and Europeans. Our driver Faizal Hameed found this gem for us. He knows all of southern India very well and his contact info is +91 94465 77945. We highly recommend both the hotel and the driver!

Room Tip: A room closer to the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Anuradha V, Owner at Avea B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Kim,

Thank you for choosing our B&B, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as with the surroundings around the hotel. Our staff and management is always available at your service and we are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing the cab contacts and this information is of great help to us as well as to trip advisor customers. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. See you soon again!

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I was not sure when I made by booking for this price if the room would be good based on tripadvisor reviews I booked the room.When I saw the room I was totally convinced .Even though the hotel is small they have well maintained and kept clean i would rate 4 star rating.Only draw back is dinner which they organise from outside and very limited breakfast spread .But the staff are courteous and professional. I will definitely comeback.I wish the hotel management to continue to maintain in same standard.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Anuradha V, Owner at Avea B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our B&B for your stay and very happy to hear that our accommodation met your expectations. We do not have restaurant onsite but we do provide breakfast by taking orders the night before. There are also menu cards available in the rooms from various local restaurants with free door delivery for breakfast/lunch/dinner. We do provide a detailed map of local eateries(vegetarian and non vegetarian) within walkable distance upon guests request. Our commitment to quality is always a top priority and we will try to improve that in every manner with your continued support. Please contact us on your next trip to Madurai and looking forward to host you soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I stayed with Avea b&b 3 times in August and September 2017. It was lovely each time! The staff were very friendly from my first visit and the hotel very comfortable. Here's my review for them:

The staff: told me what was there to see in Madurai and around, told me about Indian festivities, we became friends from my first visit! They gave me a menu for ordering food at the hotel, which was very convenient for a tourist on a rainy day. They called me to ask my preferences for breakfast in advance in the evening, and they called me in the morning too to make sure that I'm up for my breakfast. They were always very polite, friendly, and accommodating. If I ever come back to Madurai, I would stay there again!

The room: I stayed in a single room and in a double room, on my last visit. The rooms were always clean, very well designed, the bed was big and soft. There was always hot water (which is quite rare in India!). There was an A/C and a fan, and different types of lighting which created a very nice ambiance. The decor was simple yet exquisite and functionable. They also provide a small shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap; as well as 3 towels. The area is not as loud as others in Madurai, but it can get a bit loud there too. I'd suggest asking for a quiet room if you prefer that and they'll take it into account.

The breakfast: You have a choice between Indian options and a Western breakfast (with jam, butter, toast and fruits + coffee/tea). I tried all of them and they were all very good. I was particularly happy to have a Western breakfast made good: the bread is very good, as well as the jam. Perhaps it sounds pretty simple but it's quite difficult for a European to feel at home in India (especially because of the food). But Avea B&B succeded! Also, the coffee was amazing! Much better than Coffee Day (the Indian equivalent of Starbucks). I had coffee with milk - delicious! Everything was always fresh. You can have your breakfast outside (if you're on the ground level) or inside (on the second level).

The neighbourhood is very safe too, there are lots of shops and restaurants around. It's not in the city centre and I much prefered that, because the centre is very crowded, quite dirty, and extremely loud at all times.

Avea B&B is fantastic value for money in Madurai and it's probably the only B&B. As I said, if I ever go back to Madurai, I will definitely stay there again :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing away from the street have less noise
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Christina C
Anuradha V, Owner at Avea B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear Christina,

Thank you very much for your detailed and wonderful feedback about our property and staff. We are very glad that we fulfilled our commitment "a home away from home" with your stay.

We all remember you very well as each visit of you gave a memorable experience to our staff too. Our staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. I saw a big difference in them and definitely a performance booster for them to meet guests expectations even more better. Once again, from our staff and management, I thank you so much for appreciating our efforts in serving your needs.

The detailed explanation about our rooms and it's key features by you is so impressive that you have inspired me to do a better job of portraying well about my property on web channels. The information shared by you will help co travelers to know much about our property. Though our rooms are sound proofed to an extent, sometimes it's hard to control due to external factors mostly influenced by outside traffic on busy streets. Thank you for your understanding and as always we will be accommodative to our guests requests subject to availability.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast options as we take utmost care to serve them fresh on time. We do not have restaurant onsite and hence, taking orders the night before helped us to serve you better. I hope you also enjoyed some of our seasonal fruits which are home grown.

Thank you once again and please visit us on your next trip to Madurai.

Looking forward to host you soon again.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Located in a very posh and cosmopolitan locality this particular compact with all ultra modern amenities which includes best of everything like free toiletries, umbrella on demand and food ordered by phone. The entire management is young dynamic couple who are very polite, calm and cordial....patiently listen to each and every demand of yours and in quick possible time mitigate and resolve with their rectifying team of plumbers, electricians and even by the owner himself. The front office staff officers, are very young, agile and very high on morale to keep you happy and good spirits......Prices for room tariffs, food, transport requests and any other demand is quite acceptable and as per your specifications.....

Security is good, but personally I would request them to be provided with proper uniform and not quizz or be nosy when travellers go outside especially Tamilians Ayers, who have superstitions of things not good ahead, if quizzed whilst we are about to board our vehicle/public transport. These staff can be from which you can get ex Army/defense candidates with multi skills including managing housekeeping and catering from Kendriya Sainik Board/Aram Ghar in Park Town Madurai itself)

Room Tip: Please do not worry for toiletries, towel, fresh linen and food for your taste. Sapthagiri Hotel nearby BEST vegetarian food
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Anuradha V, Owner at Avea B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing us an outstanding review! We are very pleased to hear that you liked our accommodation, hospitality and services being offered. Our staff and management work together as a family to make sure our guests needs are met on time with no discomfort. We have noted your valuable thoughts on some key items and thank you once again for appreciating our efforts in serving you better. Please visit us on your next trip to Madurai.
Looking forward to host you again soon!