All reviews cheaper price neat rooms free car parking noisy area decent stay railway station walkable distance meenakshi temple basement parking comfortable stay budget hotel room was clean decent hotel chennai silks connectivity toilet
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The photos on the website look really great. The hotel is situated in a very narrow street and very busy the taxi driver had great difficulty driving down the street because it was narrow. The area was one that did not feel safe in. Arriving at the hotel i thought great a lovely nights sleep but the reception area was not like the pictures on the The hotel Lotus website and it was in need of updating. The staff did welcome me but when going to our rooms at the bottom of the landing was unwashed bedding and the stair rails the paint was chipped not like the photos on the website. Also the walls were dirty but it was late so I went to the room and it was not as big as the photos looked like on the website and the bathroom was small. I was so disappointed that I did not stay. I left the Photos on the website were enhanced and the paint work looks so bright and clean this is not the case. I am aware of standards may differ from hotel to hotel but this is not what I was shown on the website. People have given good reviews on this website but they must be happy to stay in a substandard hotel. We asked for the best rooms in the hotel and then were told they were full and yet we had paid for them. We are still awaiting a response from the Manager and not to even contact us is bad manners. I have never given a bad review on trip advisor before. But seeings we have had no other means of communicating to the Manager about our problems I have had to go public. He has our contact details and am disgusted the way we have been treated. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I am not sure what you would put this hotel down as but nothing luxury about it. The staff did all they can but without the manager that was not contactable they could not help us.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lorrainechallenor
KarthiKnFO, Manager at Hotel Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Greetings from Hotel Lotus!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking time out to post your feedback , On the onset please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations in terms of your overall experience with us ,hence I request you to consider these as an aberration and not reflective of our usual standards. I have addressed the concerns and shared your feedback with the relevant teams. We are taking necessary corrective measures to ensure that instances of similar nature do not get repeated with any other guest.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies ,We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to host you brilliantly.

+91 9384839913

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We had booked this hotel for a 3 night stay but when we arrived, late at night, we were so disappointed to find the rooms were very small, and dirty, despite being deluxe, and the reception area was cramped. The photos on their website are so enhanced you wouldn't believe. We couldn't stay there and had to walk the streets until we found someone who spoke English and recommended GRT Regency. I AM STILL AWAITING A RESPONSE AND REFUND from 15th February.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 February 2018

During my recent South India Trip, I alongwith my family stayed in this Hotel for 2 nights in December 2017. We had 2 family rooms which were good enough, neat and clean. The Hotel is having Lift and its location is very good and walkable from Meenakshi temple. The service is very good and staff is very cooperative. They don't have their own restaurant but provide meals on demand from nearby decent restaurant. We enjoyed the comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Vanakkam,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Lotus Madurai, Tamilnadu, India. We truly appreciate your time to share feedback of your stay on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to receive such a positive feedback and we are humbled by your gracious compliments on the resort and its services.

The concern on food taste would be addressed with chef and f&b Team to enhance the taste and speedy services.

We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again and the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel.

Warm regards

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Very close to meenakshi amman temple and railway station both 500 mts , overall hotel is good , neat and clean , well maintained separate car parking available no restaurant but so many good restaurant just opposite the hotel and near by .

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Greetings from Hotel Lotus!!!

And we are under renovation of restaurant and we will start out best services from September.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I went & stayed there just 2 days back. Neat & tidy hotel. Walkable distance from Meenakshi Temple. Cordial staff.

One thing I would like to mention, online booking was costing less and in-person checkin was a little more expensive. I still wonder why. We talked to the staff and they suggested us to book via the app but unfortunately, they cannot book us on the same price at the reception. We sat in the hotel lobby, booked the same hotel via mmt app and they were happy to help us.

Highly recommended hotel. One of the best ones in Madurai for sure.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
KarthiKnFO, Manager at Hotel Lotus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Lotus !!

Thank you for your precious time and feedback. We are pleased to know that you loved the hospitality of Lotus and had a great stay with us.

Team Hotel Lotus joins me in thanking you for your appreciation.

We look forward to welcome you again at our Place!!